Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any race, any alliance question

b0g
b0g
✭✭
I was thinking of getting this but I was hoping someone could clarify it for me.
I believe it's called the Adventurer pack and I was wondering if I were to use this would it give me the option to use anyone of my toons in any alliance such as AD, EP and DC or just any race in one alliance.

For example: I have a Dark Elf EP and if I were to buy this would this give me access to DC and AD dominions?
I know it says it in the title but I just don't want to get burnt with some stupid maps and one toon that can play any alliance.
Any info would be much appreciated!
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get all playable races available to all three alliances unlimited times except for Imperial which is a separate purchase.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • b0g
    b0g
    ✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    You get all playable races available to all three alliances unlimited times except for Imperial which is a separate purchase.

Thanks for the clarification homie! Just curious do you know if the sell this separate without the maps and pet for a cheaper price? Like a limited time offer type thing
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure you get your arm twisted into buying the bundle so they can justify more crowns for a few trinkets no matter what. The only way you would see a "discount" is to buy bulk crowns or get them on sale if they ever go cheap again such as black Friday being 50% off. It is well worth the purchase even at full price.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The purpose of the any alliance pack is to allow you to create any race in any alliance. Every character you play has the option to do the AD, DC, and EP storylines. Your affiliation to faction with that character never remains unless ZoS decides to allow/sell a faction change in the future. I hope that clarifies all of your questions.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • b0g
    b0g
    ✭✭
    Ya I gotcha. I kind of figured this much. Thanks a lot for your help man.

Didn't know Nords were good people ;)
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just a little advice in case you decide to buy the Adventurer's Pack: do NOT take all the treasure maps out of the boxes at once. I did and they blocked a lot of space in my inventory - so if you take out all of them, they will block 22 of your inventory/bank spaces instead of just four.

I believe you can take out one map at time. I just wish I'd known... or paid attention *sigh*. I'm still running around with 12 of them.
    Edited by Myrnhiel on March 19, 2016 9:08AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How the upgrade works

You can't change which alliance your existing characters are in, even if you have the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade.

What it does is allow you to pick your race and alliance separately during character creation, instead of the alliance changing automatically to match the race. The upgrade is permanent and will work on every character you create after you've got it. They will all be able to choose any of the 3 alliances. But like your existing characters once you've made them they will be unable to change alliance.

(However all characters, both with and without this upgrade, have access to the Cadwell's Silver and Gold quests after level 50, which allow them to play through the other alliances zones.)

Buying the upgrade

It's only sold in the pack, it's never been available separately and it's highly unlikely it ever will be. (You can occasionally find pre-order codes sold on 3rd party sites, but personally I wouldn't risk it because you never know if you're going to get a used, fake or stolen code which either won't work or could get you banned.)
    Myrnhiel wrote: »
    And just a little advice in case you decide to buy the Adventurer's Pack: do NOT take all the treasure maps out of the boxes at once. I did and they blocked a lot of space in my inventory - so if you take out all of them, they will block 22 of your inventory/bank spaces instead of just four.

I believe you can take out one map at time. I just wish I'd known... or paid attention *sigh*. I'm still running around with 12 of them.

Yeah I wish I'd known that. Second character I created ended up being a mule just so I had somewhere to put all those maps.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had knew that about Treasure Maps or even had thought on creating a mule for keeping those maps.Didn't know how to use them at that time and had very little space to keep them, so they got trashed. :-/

OP: I bought my copy from a local vendor on DVD at that time when ESO changed from a sub only system into today's ESO TU with different options for payment and a Crown Store.

That package was from a campaign when ESO went live (from beta), so what I ended up to get was practically Adventure pack. It might still be possible that you could find a vendor IRL that are selling out older games on DVD and all you have to do is to add that CD key into your account to get that upgrade. If you already have client downloaded it will be added into your game and you shouldn't use DVDs version as it is too old anyway. Keep your eyes out for sales on IRL gaming stores! ;-)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »

If you get plus you can have the Imperial race for free.It comes with Plus.
  • maciopa
    maciopa
    ✭✭✭
    I bought an Imperial version of the game, along the explorer's pack and then subscribed to ESO Plus. I wish I knew about those maps earlier also :) as I have them all in my bank.
    I wish I knew there is no possibility to change the alliance - I hope they add that feature along the race change, additional character slot etc. those are a nice money sinks and EA/BW went that way with their ie. SWTOR title after it began to be F2P.

• b0g
    b0g
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    How the upgrade works

You can't change which alliance your existing characters are in, even if you have the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade.

What it does is allow you to pick your race and alliance separately during character creation, instead of the alliance changing automatically to match the race. The upgrade is permanent and will work on every character you create after you've got it. They will all be able to choose any of the 3 alliances. But like your existing characters once you've made them they will be unable to change alliance.

(However all characters, both with and without this upgrade, have access to the Cadwell's Silver and Gold quests after level 50, which allow them to play through the other alliances zones.)

Buying the upgrade

It's only sold in the pack, it's never been available separately and it's highly unlikely it ever will be. (You can occasionally find pre-order codes sold on 3rd party sites, but personally I wouldn't risk it because you never know if you're going to get a used, fake or stolen code which either won't work or could get you banned.)

Yeah I wish I'd known that. Second character I created ended up being a mule just so I had somewhere to put all those maps.

Ok, well that sucks. This is what I was wondering. I kind of had a feeling it wouldn't work for existing characters.

Good thing I didn't waste money on buying this yet!

Thanks Danikat you saved me some money.
  • b0g
    b0g
    ✭✭

Haha that sucks man. Thanks for the heads up.