Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Total Health Required?

TheUrbanWizard
TheUrbanWizard
✭✭✭✭
So I'm vet 1 having just completed the main story and I'm looking at my build. I'm Imperial NB sword and board/bow and have put 49 into stamina for the damage I want and the skills I use. I roll with medium armor and have all the passives for this. However when looking at various guides I'm under the impression I need between 18-20K max health health to not keep dying futher down the line, and PvP which I've not done yet. Mine is at around 12k (albeit with no buffs). My question is how do I get to this recommended health? Will glyphs, meals etc get me there? Do I need to re-spec and put some into health? The lack of magicka doesn't seem a problem for me. BTW I don't want to go down the route of copying some elses build as I want to do things my own way if you know what I mean. Thanks for any guidance

Best Answer

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP/Vet PvE content your health will likely rise to ~16k due to being scaled to V15 This can then be supplemented with food for 3k-5k depending on your level.

If you're still in need of more health then there are various passives (in heavy armour if you equip but I forget what others there are other than Undaunted Mettle) which can boost but you shouldn't change your setup unless it's of other benefit to you. However I wouldn't advice health glyphs as these will reduce your DPS from not having stamina.

My V16 Imperial StamNB has ~23k health with food using full medium and also ~2k from my cheap ass agility jewellery set.

TL:DR keep on as you are and you'll be fine. Being an Imperial you'll naturally get more health than other StamNBs - albeit at the expense of stamina regen and weapon crit
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on March 18, 2016 11:04PM
    Answer ✓
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PvP/Vet PvE content your health will likely rise to ~16k due to being scaled to V15 This can then be supplemented with food for 3k-5k depending on your level.

If you're still in need of more health then there are various passives (in heavy armour if you equip but I forget what others there are other than Undaunted Mettle) which can boost but you shouldn't change your setup unless it's of other benefit to you. However I wouldn't advice health glyphs as these will reduce your DPS from not having stamina.

My V16 Imperial StamNB has ~23k health with food using full medium and also ~2k from my cheap ass agility jewellery set.

TL:DR keep on as you are and you'll be fine. Being an Imperial you'll naturally get more health than other StamNBs - albeit at the expense of stamina regen and weapon crit

TL:DR LOL suppose it is a bit of a ramble, I've never been able to ask a clear question on forums! It's just that that after a break from the game I've gotten really into it and invested a lot of time in my guy and don't want to f**k it up in vet content
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, the TL:DR wasn't referring to your OP.. It was to summarise my reply :)
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, the TL:DR wasn't referring to your OP.. It was to summarise my reply :)

No worries sorry mate! But one more question.. you said I shouldn't go with health glyphs as it would compromise my DPS, but that that is EXACTLY what I was going to do! So what glyphs would you recommend I put into a full set of medium armour? Is it wise to add some heavy armour as well because I think some medium passives work with just 5 pieces?

Thinking about it, am I asking these questions too early as I'm only V1? My medium is 50 and my heavy and light are at 43
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not at all, it's better to be informed earlier than later.

Basically your damage scales off your stat, respectively, so 30k max stamina will give higher damage on a stamina derived ability than having 20k stamina. The same way as if you currently use a Magicka derived ability (I'm guessing yours is ~10k) to deal damage will deal less than a MagNB who has 30k Magicka.

As a result you should enchant all of your armour with stamina glyphs to increase your maximum.

Regarding adding a heavy piece, this is personal preference depending on your stats and performance. If you do you'll likely suffer from less max stamina and regen but you'll gain increased health and resistance. Whilst your actual DPS will be reduced you may encounter better survivability which reduces your need to dodge and regroup which uses your stamina and/or Magicka

If you're going to run a heavy piece it should be either chest/head/legs as these give most resistance. I switch from 7 medium to 6 and 1 heavy depending on the situation.

If you can spare it, adding the immovable ability to your bar adds ~5k physical & spell resistance for 12 seconds which is useful and doesn't reduce your medium armour perks.

Are you wearing armour sets?
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on March 19, 2016 12:31AM
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not wearing armour sets at the moment cos I'm leveling up light and heavy. Right now I'm wearing a rag-tag of armour with the leveling trait and it looks a sorry state, can't even be arsed to dye ti!

Is immovable a heavy passive, 'cos I think I've got it. If so do I need to use a piece of heavy armour for it to work?
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform and server are you on?

Yeah it's that passive, it's very useful and as I say if you can spawn a slot on your utility bar it's worth it.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox EU, cheers mate for helping me loads