Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I need help on becoming a better guild leader. Before I delete a guild again. Please help.

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
I have created 3 guilds before. But yet I give up on myself. 2 of them I deleted. The third I promoted a member I know well to be guild leader. Until 3 days ago I created another guild. But only for pvp. But in honestly I not sure if I was meant to lead.

Due to me being alot shy, not talkitive, not believing in myself and so forth. However I wanted to create a guild to give these new low levels a chance for them to enjoy pvp. Since I always do pvp anyways. I was hoping in return I could learn to believe in myself. To know who I am. But with my low self esteem. Was I not made to play solo? Solo is boring however for me.

I have joined many guilds. All is good. But I planning to leave another guild and try to save my guild. But in process I unsure if I am able to. Hence why I came here. To seek advice from my fellow gaming peers, guild and former guild leaders. Any suggestions will be most useful. Thank you.

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the type of guild. PVP/PVE guilds are a lot different than Trading Guilds. To organize people for PVP and stuff you need to be social, with Trading Guilds it's a lot easier to throw a zone advertisement and invite random people you meet and it'll get it's self going as long you put up low level - high level mats. Also using the guild bank to store all of your mats is very useful, no reason to let good mats to go to waste.
    Master Debater
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Depends on the type of guild. PVP/PVE guilds are a lot different than Trading Guilds. To organize people for PVP and stuff you need to be social, with Trading Guilds it's a lot easier to throw a zone advertisement and invite random people you meet and it'll get it's self going as long you put up low level - high level mats. Also using the guild bank to store all of your mats is very useful, no reason to let good mats to go to waste.

This will be a pvp only guild. I understand however and your right. I need to be social. I only have 4 members as of right now to. But I not want to give up on myself nor my members to. I thank you for your inpute though :)
    Edited by Serjustin19 on March 16, 2016 4:46PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It may be that leading a guild is just not for you. It sounds like you want to be a GM for personal reasons, but your stated goals are not something that requires you be the head of your very own new guild. Guilds need people to help and support them, maybe you should find an existing guild with the same goals and invest your time and talents there instead of taking all the pressure right away as the top seat.

If you do stick with your own guild, identify people that can be officers and help you out.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serjustwhy wrote: »

This will be a pvp only guild. I understand however and your right. I need to be social. I only have 4 members as of right now to. But I not want to give up on myself nor my members to. I thank you for your inpute though :)

Well, you don't have to be a Social Butterfly, just willing to interact with the members in some way.

Since your focused on PvP, set a time each day (or the days you want to) that you would like to be doing PvP and advertise that on your Guild Message of the Day. This way you don't have to actually talk to the individuals to have them show up, they will know the times.

However PvP does benefit from communication, so if you don't have a Team Speak server already (or Discord as it's free) you should set up some kind of Voice Chat Server, at least for the other guildies to use.

Set it so that other members can invite people, it's a quick way to grow the guild. And, if your nice, or at least not a jerk when coaching people on PvP, then your guild members will be inclined to invite people to your guild because your at least helpful.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any suggestions will be most useful.
    Get some officers that have good leader qualities and share the load of running a guild. Ask your members and see if anyone is interested in stepping up.
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on March 16, 2016 7:42PM
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be the kind of leader that you would follow
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have created 3 guilds before. But yet I give up on myself. 2 of them I deleted. The third I promoted a member I know well to be guild leader. Until 3 days ago I created another guild. But only for pvp. But in honestly I not sure if I was meant to lead.

Due to me being alot shy, not talkitive, not believing in myself and so forth. However I wanted to create a guild to give these new low levels a chance for them to enjoy pvp. Since I always do pvp anyways. I was hoping in return I could learn to believe in myself. To know who I am. But with my low self esteem. Was I not made to play solo? Solo is boring however for me.

I have joined many guilds. All is good. But I planning to leave another guild and try to save my guild. But in process I unsure if I am able to. Hence why I came here. To seek advice from my fellow gaming peers, guild and former guild leaders. Any suggestions will be most useful. Thank you.

the thing is for a succesfull guild is to start with a group of people that are like best of friends.
    when people realise you have a nice bond within the guild u have more certainty for them to stay.

2 people you trust the most you make officer. they will help you out.
    keep it small at first. do alot of stuff together.
    make a pvp group once a week. do some trials for the weekly. and help eachother out in gold pledges.

i think TS is a huge part of succes aswell. do a gold pledge together? go on ts and have a chat while doing it. creates a bond.

being talkative comes natural when you are speaking about a subject both people like. in this case ESO. ask people what build they use. how long they have been playing. small talk about the game. might be scary at first but later u will see it becomes more naturall and you will discuss other things.

im sure you can do it mate!

GL
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the thing is for a succesfull guild is to start with a group of people that are like best of friends.
    when people realise you have a nice bond within the guild u have more certainty for them to stay.

2 people you trust the most you make officer. they will help you out.
    keep it small at first. do alot of stuff together.
    make a pvp group once a week. do some trials for the weekly. and help eachother out in gold pledges.

i think TS is a huge part of succes aswell. do a gold pledge together? go on ts and have a chat while doing it. creates a bond.

being talkative comes natural when you are speaking about a subject both people like. in this case ESO. ask people what build they use. how long they have been playing. small talk about the game. might be scary at first but later u will see it becomes more naturall and you will discuss other things.

im sure you can do it mate!

GL

Well said Kip!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all. I thank you all for your all kind words and helpful tips. I believe now that I was not meant to lead. But I found a guild I am currently in. Very good leader. Maybe in future I will be ready to lead my old guild. But for time being. I goo ahead and learn from my guild leader. Thank you all for these wonderful and nice tips. :smiley:
  • ozikeri
    ozikeri
    Soul Shriven
    Personally I Think it's all about interaction. Keep the conversation flowing and don't be shy to admit you are leaning things. As a leader we expect you to teach us so read up on how things work such as Cyrodill. Make daily tasks such as pvp cryodill Tuesday where people know what the guild is about on particular days as it gives them a focus. Keep focus and you must interact. There's nothing worse than a stagnant guild. Don't worry that someone may not reply, trust me they still read. Just be friendly open to conversation and get the group members to interact. When you feel comfortable with group members promote them to assist. Give them a task such as "I want you to concentrate on crafting" etc and "you are responsible for IC" etc. Im saying this not as a guild leader but as as what I want as a guild member.

Hope this helps.
    Edited by ozikeri on March 18, 2016 11:25PM