Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am an atloholic so ...

maciopa
maciopa
✭✭✭
I am new to the game, and thank to your warm and great answers to my questions regarding a sorcerer she is now lvl 4 BUT I wouldn't be myself if I had not created another class, as I tend to play few characters just in order to not to get bored too soon with one class.
I went through all possible web pages regarding "best combos" BUT I have a question about the nightblade - should she be an Imperial or Khajit? I want to play her as a "standard" rogue so bow/2 daggers/sword and a hatchet? What would you recommend, with your wast knowledge about the game mechanics?

I do not know whether she will take part in pvp BUT cannot exclude that either :)

thank you!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First question to ask, are you going to be a Stamina or Magic Nightblade?

Well, let me also ask this, are you focused on getting to PvP and dominating and/or the Leaderboards of Trials? If the answer is yes, then this stuff matters.

If the answer is no and you just want to enjoy the PvE content, then it really does not matter what Race you pick and what class you pick for them. It can all be made to work. Unless you really want an Easy Button for the game.

Based on the weapons you want to use, that says Stamina Nightblade. So you want a Race that has Stamina benefits. Those are Imperials, Khajiit, Redguards and I forget the third one (Bosmer?), but you can figure that out. For the record, I have a Breton Stamina Nightblade and he does just fine in the game. I also have an Imperial Magic Dragon Knight who normally wears Heavy Armor and he does just fine too.

So it all really depends on how much of a Min-Maxer you are, or if you just want to play the game and enjoy the content with the combo that fits your playstyle and the Role you want to play.
    Edited by Nestor on March 15, 2016 10:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideal classes OP:

Sorc : Altmer & Breton
    Dragonknight : Imperial & Dunmer
    Nightblade: Khajiit & Redguard
    Templar: Nord & Breton

Those are the "top" picks

Now you can always go and have fun, make a imperial NB ( more tanky ) or a Argonian templar ect.

BUT the racials do help so the classes mentioned above will give you an advantage...

I would say go Khajiit with the NB since you sound like you are already open to the idea, the critical passives & robust constitution really make a difference...

If you are not going to do PvP the racials don't make a massive difference and you are more open to personal choice :wink:

obviously if OP wants 2h & bow it will be stam NB so x5 hundings Rage & x4 Nightmothers Gaze ( have a friend craft those for you every 10 levels or so )

Dualwield skill to spam : Whirlwind morph to -> Steel Tornado
    Bow skill to use often : Volley morph to -> Scorched Earth or Arrow Barrage ( scorched earth is better for PvE )

Also an altoholic here OP I can't wait for more char slots !
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • maciopa
    maciopa
    ✭✭✭
    Hey!

Thank you for your reply and information provided!

I am here for the game contest and I do not really care about statistics BUT as my experience from other games tells - at the end, a person dealing less dps than/wearing lower eq than set ilvl/healing less than xxx is kicked out of the raiding groups.
    When I purchased the game I had the whole game serie in mind (Elderscrolls) and I did not have a slightest idea about "magicka"/"stamina" archetypes of any class, as I just picked a race and class based on my own preferences (it mostly was Spellsword or a variation of it with tendency to thieving abilities/behaviours).

Here, I had to accept a kick in the ... calf :) that made me a bit staggering, thats why, combined with my first sentence, would like ot have the clear path till the end of the game, while possesing "I WIN" buton ofc ;-)

edit: Thank you for your information! :) Great info!

edit2: Sitting at work, reading info - wouldn't being a vampire help a NightBlade? but then - Vampires use magicka as their resource, whilist I would rather use "stamina" (old-school)...

edit @Duiwel heh ... I just checked a Redguard, and it seems they are just packed with stamina, but do I need so much stamina? does it deplete so fast during combat? Khajiit speaks to me in RP/lore wise...
    Edited by maciopa on March 16, 2016 5:33PM
  • maciopa
    maciopa
    ✭✭✭
    @Duiwel heh ... I just checked a Redguard, and it seems they are just packed with stamina, but do I need so much stamina? does it deplete so fast during combat? Khajiit speaks to me in RP/lore wise...
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both, I love both. If you PvP you can never have enough resource regen :wink:

but the crits from Khajiit are nice too :blush:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maciopa wrote: »
    @Duiwel heh ... I just checked a Redguard, and it seems they are just packed with stamina, but do I need so much stamina? does it deplete so fast during combat? Khajiit speaks to me in RP/lore wise...

More stamina always helps for stamina based builds, it makes your attacks hit harder and allows you to last longer in combat.

HOWEVER, nightblade murder-cat is super fun to play and I don't notice any stamina deficiencies on my Khajiit.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • maciopa
    maciopa
    ✭✭✭
    @Duiwel and @wayfarerx ok! Thank you guys for your replies!! Really appreciated!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maciopa wrote: »
    I am here for the game contest and I do not really care about statistics BUT as my experience from other games tells - at the end, a person dealing less dps than/wearing lower eq than set ilvl/healing less than xxx is kicked out of the raiding groups.

In some PUG (pick up group) situations, this can happen. If your in a good guild, and there are lots of those, you can find people who are more concerned with having fun than with how fast they can clear a dungeon. Not saying that clearing a dungeon fast is not fun, it's just not fun for everyone.

Anyway, I have yet to see anyone in any of our groups from the Guilds I am ever say anything about anyone's gear or skills. Other than to discuss things among each other to get ideas about what to do, or how to approach a boss fight with complex mechanics.

Edited by Nestor on March 16, 2016 7:31PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a stamblade, Khajiit is going to result in higher damage usually, though it tends to vary with playstyle. I wouldn't worry too much about getting kicked out of groups for not "meeting their standards." It's a game; and you can tell them where to stick their standards if you're just here to have a good time. If you find a decent guild, you'll likely never have this problem anyway. I recruit people into my guild all the time from pugs, though I tend to have a more relaxed recruitment standard that favors players who have potential, regardless of how new or inexperienced they may be. My roster is full of people who were noobs once, myself included. Listen and learn, and you'll be alright.

The standards for completing most content in ESO are not unreasonably high. The forums can be a dangerous place for people who are new, inexperienced, returning, or otherwise curious, because people are here all the time boasting their 30-40k dps numbers (not criticizing, that's good and worth being proud of) but in reality that is nowhere near the minimum requirement to complete content. Truthfully, most vr16 content can be done with dps pulling 10-15k, it's just slower. Super-high damage dealers tend to force bosses to skip mechanics due to how quickly they burn them down, so if anything you're getting to see the whole fight by not being a bazooka. It's okay to play casually and for fun.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 16, 2016 7:47PM
  • maciopa
    maciopa
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor and @Autolycus Thank you!
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    Your altoholism will soon be cured by ESO as you'd have to muster 5-6 mules before vet levels :D
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.