Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Friends list for PC

Celtic_Wolf
Celtic_Wolf
✭✭✭
All I can find is stuff about the xbox and ps4, so here goes. I don't see my friend online, at all, for about the past week. He IS online, he can whisper me, but when i try to whisper him it doesn't go through, neither I nor him see my replies, but I can see him talking to me. So I can add him to a group by right clicking on his whisper and we can talk in group fine. It's frustrating and I have no idea how to fix it. I have removed and re added him to no success.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He may be set to Off Line status. If that is the case, then you won't see them in your list, even if you are friends. They can Whisper you, but you can't Whisper them.

Note, I don't know what Do Not Disturb does, just in case you were going to ask. The reason I bring it up is it may allow Whispering to them when they are set to that status, or they will at least show up in the list then you know you can send them at least an email. Something for you to test.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    He may be set to Off Line status. If that is the case, then you won't see them in your list, even if you are friends. They can Whisper you, but you can't Whisper them.

Note, I don't know what Do Not Disturb does, just in case you were going to ask. The reason I bring it up is it may allow Whispering to them when they are set to that status, or they will at least show up in the list then you know you can send them at least an email. Something for you to test.

Nestor is right here. Your friend is simply "appearing offline."

As far as I know, Do Not Disturb does nothing outside of simply indicating to anyone looking at the roster that you want to be left alone. I checked one day recently to see if I could still join/form groups, send tells, queue for dungeons, etc. and everything appeared to function normally, so I believe it's simply a courtesy indicator with no real function.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 16, 2016 7:24PM
  • Celtic_Wolf
    Celtic_Wolf
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!!! It was set to offline, he didn't realize he did it...kept insisting it must have defaulted to that, but the issue is resolved, I appreciate you taking the time to answer me! :)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well just for general information, in case someone els reads this topic...

If someone is in "show as offline" mode:
    they can whisper others but not be whispered back.
    they can still participate in all chats, read them and write in them, even whispering others.
    they can use grouping tool.
    they can be invited by account or charname directly to group.
    they can be invited to group, by clicking their name anywhere they write something.

"show as offline" is a very bad idea to use in longer periods of time (several days), if you are in a trading guild, as they often kick offliners, to make room for new active members.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!!! It was set to offline, he didn't realize he did it...kept insisting it must have defaulted to that, but the issue is resolved, I appreciate you taking the time to answer me! :)

One thing to note, once you set yourself to Offline Status, it stays that way even if you log to other alts, or log off the game and come back later. It does not toggle back to On Line unless you go in and specifically change it.

There have been a few times where I set myself to Offline for some reason, played the game and forgot all about setting myself that way. Then, the next day wonder why no one will respond to my whispers like in Zone Chat for trading.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"