Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yet another returning player: Couple questions (NA/PC)

rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
Hey guys, I stopped playing ESO just after it went F2P and before consoles release and now I hope I'm back. I just have a few questions if you don't mind helping. :smile:

1) Are classes more balanced these days?
I remember I loved playing Sorc but they were kinda underachieving compared to the others and Temps had just became OP as hell.

2) Champion Points - I think I have around 400 champ points (from 3600, right?).
Are people already full champ? Will I have a big disadvantage because of that? In PvP, group finding, etc.

3) Speaking of PvP, how is Cyrodiil? Back in the day I stopped going to Cyrodiil because it was just unplayable.
Also I didn't like the fact that each faction had its own campaign, just to get points, and like only one or two campaigns were really competitive.

4) I don't have money right now to buy the DLCs, I think I have enough crowns to get one. Is it playable without them? I wanna start fresh, do the campaign again, take my time. But I don't want to miss any content because I don't have all the DLCs.

I think that is it for now, I might have more questions as someone answers.

Thanks for the help.
Edited by rsiloliveiraub17_ESO on March 14, 2016 2:54PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. It is an ever moving target. Sorcerers right now are quite powerful
    2. The cap on points you can use is 501 or 551 (not sure if they raised the cap this DLC, I am still at 458 on CPs right now so it's academic to me)
    3. PvP is a work in progress
    4. The only DLC I would say is a must have is Wrothgar simply because you can easily level a character from VR12 to VR16 doing the zone quests and the dailies up there. I took 2 of my characters from VR12 to VR16 just doing that in a short period of time. Wrothgar also gives you a zone to farm VR15/16 mats (if your equipment crafting material levels are maxed). Thieves and IC are fun though so you may want those also.
    Edited by Nestor on March 14, 2016 4:26PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    Oh... level cap is V16 now? Damn

Are there still spots to grind xp?
    Questing was terrible for leveling up when I played.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh... level cap is V16 now? Damn

Are there still spots to grind xp?
    Questing was terrible for leveling up when I played.

Questing is much better as the exp requirements to level are much lower. It is really a toss up now to grind or quest. There are also ways to boost your Exp (ESO Plus, grouping with another, rings of Mara, Experience Potions for example)

The old grind spots are still there. The only ones that were nerfed were the exploitative ones.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    Hey, thanks for the answers already =D

But I have some more follow up questions if you don't mind...

1) So I found out I have 3200 crowns stored.
    I want to start fresh, make a new character, play the story, go really easy because I have no reason to rush. That said, should I still buy the Orsinium DLC?
    I can only buy one atm unfortunately . But still I don't want to miss anything. I rather wait and buy all DLCs before playing if I have to.

2) I wanna play as a healer. Is Temp the best option still?
    I remember it was good because Temps had the only really good burst heal.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    The orsinium DLC is definitely the biggest of the 3 DLC. Imperial City is a ghost town, the 2 group dungeons are the only reason most people have it I think. You may want to hold off on buying DLC, ZOS has teased that they might offer DLC bundles for reduced prices on ESO live. Templars are still the healer class of choice.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The gold zone grind spots were nerfed to the ground. IC sewers is the place to grind if that's how you going to lvl and you will get VR16 mats while grinding. Questing is not even close to being better EXP
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spliffo wrote: »
    The gold zone grind spots were nerfed to the ground. IC sewers is the place to grind if that's how you going to lvl and you will get VR16 mats while grinding. Questing is not even close to being better EXP

The gold zones exp/hr still isn't that bad it's just less exp then the sewers.

However theres also 0 chance of being ganked their so it's pretty good for low level.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last toon I grinded I took to the blood fiends in Eastmarch at VR 5 and with exp pots I gained half a lvl in an hour with the place to myself the entire time. Sewers is twice as fast easily

Edit: I'm not trying to say the sewers is the only place to grind, I'm just letting the OP know it is currently the best grind spot in game
    Edited by Spliffo on March 16, 2016 8:41AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last toon I grinded I took to the blood fiends in Eastmarch at VR 5 and with exp pots I gained half a lvl in an hour with the place to myself the entire time. Sewers is twice as fast easily

I grinded their on my v9 for an hour and got a full level with exp pots.
    PS4 EU DC

• Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess they didn't change it on PS4. On xbox you won't see any one there unless they are doing the quest because it's just not worth it. Kind of strange that it's different on other platforms to be honest
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess they didn't change it on PS4. On xbox you won't see any one there unless they are doing the quest because it's just not worth it. Kind of strange that it's different on other platforms to be honest

To be fair i must of killed over 10k blood fiends on my characters, i came full prep, full dmg, full aoe, clouding + saps melts them in around 2s.

I had to extend my rotation as i was killing everything so fast nothing was spawning in time xD and i still killed everything before they respawned.
    PS4 EU DC

• Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it was great when I ran my Sorc through there, I was getting a VR lvl ever 45 minutes
  • rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    It's ok guys, like I said I don't want to rush anything this time. Already grinded my ass of in Craglorn once.

Just wanted to know if I could if I wanted.

So anyway Orsinium is the way to go or I can access it only when I hit certain VR lvl?
    If it is that way I wont buy anything now, maybe it is better to wait for those discounts.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    everyone is leveled up to access the DLC zones no matter your level. Though you might not want to go there at very low levels, all the npc's there are v16.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis