The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Fengrush's new video was depressing

• Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    Reb wrote: »
    all that ranting and swearing...and hes still playing ....

He mentions why he still plays.

which is irrelevant ..that much bitterness and vitriol ...walk away, why on earth would you spend your time doing something you don't like.
    Options
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    Yes yes yes.
    We all can complain. We know that.
    But dont some of you think it sounds a tiny bit like a raging girlfriend.

All the Bad things you say is mostly true. But not everything is that Bad. And about changes in games: never ever have i played a game where all the Player were satisfied after a game changing, rebalancing patch or update.

They will keep changing things. And my stamina character has no issues in pvp.

And ZOS is doing a lot of things wrong. But not everything. Keep the drama at bay.
    Ive played games that had worse way of handling the community.
    And they did fix a lot- some stuff takes a lot time and some stuff seems to be bugged since ever and sometimes it annoys me too.

But i also have to say this is one of the games with the least cheater, buguser, hacker and exploiter ive ever seen. To a degree as where you even know the few that are out there by name.
    And few to zero chatspammer (especially: goldberger, begger) and that is something i can enjoy.

They are not perfect but they are really not the worst, which one can think when reading this thread.

PS: im playing since early access. So i also just like a lot of you have seen it all. Ive also been in the place where I had to change my complete gameplay after an update. Just to change it again in the next. And im sure i have to do it a lot more often in future. This game is STILL only a Baby. Barely 2 years old....
    Edited by Lyrander on March 15, 2016 10:23AM
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't blame him and I agree with him. Just looking at how long it takes them fix crashes that affect quite a lot of players shows a lot. It's been a week now and ZOS just doesn't care.

Actually, it's 2 years now. But I agree nonetheless, also with Fengrush, 100%.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw the video and it was a waste of time, i can't believe he said Towellie got payed to play ESO i know him and he always says on his stream and puts on as the stream title when he is playing a sponsored game, what a load of crap all he does is whine and whine and 80% of his complains are about bugs.

Edit: Glad he is leaving a guy that complains that ESO live has other things besides PvP talks is a complete idiot.

Edited by Ra'Shtar on March 15, 2016 10:30AM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he is unhappy he should move on, not everyone feels the same way has he does, who wants to watch a stream that is just a whine and complaining fest from start to finish, after he went mostly negative I have not watched him since. We all the know the problems this game has don't need anyone telling us over an over about them. I have been playing this game since early beta, nothing else out there at this time I want to play. ZOS has made so many bad moves and they appear to be under staffed, it is amazing they even still have people playing. But some how I still have fun maybe it is because I run with long time friends and we just don't care what's going on around us.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on March 15, 2016 10:39AM
    Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aggree with him, we need a BUGFIX + PvP Patch. No single player Patch like Orsinium and Thieves Guild. Stamina Builds need some love or Magicka Builds some tone down.
    Edited by oibam on March 15, 2016 10:43AM
    Options
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streamers today are entitled ego centric people who think that just because they know how to read words into a microphone and post it in youtube, that they're the pinnacle of correct and if the game company doesn't listen to them, the game is bad. The sad thing is that they have followers that seemingly follow their every word like some crazed fanatics. Blizzard stepped into that trap some years ago, where streamers can obviously cheat, but don't have to suffer the consequences because they're streamers. When Blizzard finally does get their head out of their own behind, the streamer's "massive" fans are crying their heads out like little Bieber fans for the "injustice". How obvious is the cheating? Well in Diablo 3's 5th season, some streamers that were on the top on the leaderboard, had an average of 22-23 hours played per day. Did Blizzard do anything about it? Of course not, it took them 6 months to ban obvious botters and cheaters from WoW, one guy even laughed at Blizzard's attempt on stopping botters like him, since he was a streamer and they didn't dare do anything to him. As far as I'm aware, he's still not banned.

If the game isn't fun and you don't enjoy it, move on. If you want to leave a comment on what's not working, do so, but be constructive about it. And for the love of it, don't think that posting a poll is unanimous and the truth, even if you have 4000 saying that they want this and that, doesn't mean it's a good thing to implement. I think Zenimax should remove that feature from the forums because it doesn't really tell anything, even 5000 isn't a representative number of the population of the game.
    Edited by Selstad on March 15, 2016 11:18AM
    Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is just a normal guy with his own opinions so anyone who takes what he says without formulating their own opinion first is just an idiot to put it bluntly.

I agree with some stuff he says, but the amount of blind and obedient fanboys in this and other related threads makes me feel a bit ill.
    Edited by Farorin on March 15, 2016 11:10AM
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    He is just a normal guy with his own opinions so anyone who takes what he says without formulating their own opinion first is just an idiot to put it bluntly.

I agree with some stuff he says, but the amount of blind and obedient fanboys in this and other related threads makes me feel a bit ill.

This ^^... Most are QQing Stam build PvPers, i didn't even bother reading past the first page... your right sickening..
    Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Farorin wrote: »

This ^^... Most are QQing Stam build PvPers, i didn't even bother reading past the first page... your right sickening..

I'm a stam build PVPer. I was a stam build PVPer back when stam builds were not even really a thing and skirt and stick was the meta.

I am unhappy about some things, but ultimately, the game is still fun, and is getting better (just very frustratingly slowly), and most of the changes seem to have a bigger picture in mind that most people seem to be missing.
    Options
  • moesmaker
    moesmaker
    ✭✭✭
    'They don't give a *** about me'. Well that's it in a nutshell indeed. Why should they (whoever 'they' may be at ZOS)?

'They' make a game and 'they' make it like 'they' want it. If you don't like it, move on man, don't sit for 30 mins whining and ranting feeling sorry for yourself.
    Edited by moesmaker on March 15, 2016 11:37AM
    Options
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny how people disvalue his opinions because he is a streamer, that it somewhat deprives him of his right him to voice his opinion, opinions which every serious PvPer agrees with and is also why so many PvPers has given up and left this game. Furthermore he hits the nail on the head about old trials and PvE stuff not scaling up, that it's the (disgusting and stupid) business way ZOS has chosen and I can't really understand how anyone can disagree with this.

Too much white knighting in this thread. Get a reality check. What ZOS does is not okay and it's not good for the game.
    Edited by Jhunn on March 15, 2016 11:39AM
    Gave up.
    Options
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    He can have his opinion as much as he like, the problem is that many people - including the streamer - think that it's the universal truth. It's on youtube and spoken by a streamer so it has to be true, and anyone who disagrees are white knights that don't speak against the company. Just to clarify; I just returned, I've been unsubbed since August 2014, I vote with my wallet so to speak.

Old PvE content not scaling, is more or less the norm in most MMOs. Look at WoW per example, a ton of PvE content that's not scaled to max level. Most MMO companies don't bother with PvE scaling, mostly because it's a nightmare to make it correct. Guild wars 2 attempts this and it's a mess, even when you're "scaled" to the appropriate level, you're still obliterating things in the lower level zones. Scaling simply doesn't work that well, and it doesn't work that well in ESO either.
    Options
  • JKr
    JKr
    Soul Shriven
    It really is sad. I think most players (me included) who have been playing a long time have constantly been waiting for fixes, because this really is a game with big potential. Thinking that "soon we can play this game properly". However, as soon as they fix one problem (which usually takes a looong time), they introduce another, and it's really a shame, cause I *** love this game in all other aspects.

The thing is that if there weren't so many bugs and issues, I think the gameplay alone in pvp and pve would be able to keep players for a long time. I can go into cyrodil and just pvp for hours and hours, but the constant stream of issues is making it difficult sometimes, and extremely frustrating. It's like going to a restaurant with kick ass food, the best you've ever eaten. Only half the time you get a turd on the fork.

We don't need loads of new content to play if we can only play it half assed, feeling like we play a beta game. Just let us play a balanced game and not always feel like something is missing or broken.

People are still here because this truly is an awesome game. Don't get me wrong... It's just sad it never reaches the potential it can because basic mechanics keep being broken. I still hope that one day, it will just work, and keep working.
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all that ranting and swearing...and hes still playing ....

He mentions why he still plays.

which is irrelevant ..that much bitterness and vitriol ...walk away, why on earth would you spend your time doing something you don't like.

So his friends, guild mates and the community are irrelevant to him, how do you know?
    Options
  • Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never really liked Fengrush, but I do agree with everything he said in the video.

Everybody that says PVP isn't as important as PVE and vice versa are short sighted. You guys honestly think PVP'ers leaving the game in droves doesn't effect your end? Does our money not matter as much? "Oh but you got Imperial City!". What is the motivation for IC PVP wise? IC is an instanced area, and doesn't contribute to the campaign it's on in any way, even though it was initially sold as such. Once people got the gear they wanted and tried it out for a little while, it's now empty. Just people grinding, and a few people that are bored with Cyro lag that's maybe looking for a lagless fight.

I consider myself a hardcore PVP'er and unfortunately had to take a two month break because I wanted to level up some toons. 6 V16's later and I decide to go back yesterday...so excited. 4pm central time (not even prime time) in Trueflame and it's slide show: online. It lags so bad that your sound cuts out. Not just FX, but music too. How is this a thing? You acknowledge zerg's existence by introducing an anti-zerg ability (that's overpowered as a single target ability) and also an anti-zerg gear set. Instead of cleaning the spilled liquid on the floor, you put a damn newspaper over it and move on.

It is this way of thinking that pushes people to the breaking point. We have tried to "be nice", and "try and say it in a constructive manner" for far too long, and it has fallen on deaf ears. You don't like the way Fengrush says things because it's "vitriol" or "garbage from some streamer", but I think you are missing the point. We (the PVP'ers) have tried it your way. Enough is enough
    AD
    Mishi - V16 Wood Elf Nightblade
    Zach Vane - V16 Imperial Nightblade
    Clara Bonny - V16 Breton Templar
    Sherman Bradley - V16 Imperial Templar
    One Knight Standard - V16 Imperial Dragonknight
    Unemployed Merlin - V16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Ice Hinged Mice Elf - V16 Dunmer Dragonknight
    Options
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been a fan of Fengrush. He's acted childish in ways, towards people I know, on numerous different occasions. THAT BEING SAID .. I agree almost whole heartedly with him on almost all points. They have screwed this game up over and over again and it's proof they don't want you to play the game your way, they want you to play their way and the statement below is why they continue to do it their way.
    moesmaker wrote: »
    'They don't give a *** about me'. Well that's it in a nutshell indeed. Why should they (whoever 'they' may be at ZOS)?

'They' make a game and 'they' make it like 'they' want it. If you don't like it, move on man, don't sit for 30 mins whining and ranting feeling sorry for yourself.

Who would seriously agree with this statement? So an MMO is now about the developers and not the people playing the game? If that's truly the way you feel I have no words to describe how disheartened it makes me. I thought I'd be subbed to this game forever but thanks Zeni for saving me $14.99 a month.
    Edited by audrieltheelf on March 15, 2016 12:35PM
    PC/NA/AD
    Alaudria - v16 Altmer Sorc
    Teleia Opisthia - v16 Imperial Templar (Tank)
    Fionna Dark-Heart - v16 Imperial DK (Tank)
    Katniss Never Seen - v16 Bosmer NB
    Stilettos and a Lava Whip - v16 Dunmer DK
    Kerasi Moro - v16 Breton Templar
    Kyria Lathraia - v16 Imperial NB
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fengrush is an awesome player.... but he's is coming over as aggressive and petulant in that vid.... he's creating exactly what he doesn't want which is not being listened to :|

Probably because the same crap has always been happening and zos don't listen to people when it comes to making changes.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 15, 2016 12:35PM
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah so he is upset they didnt pay him to stream lol. The entire video is nothing but him complaining ZOS doesnt listen to him. Well you arent special man.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on March 15, 2016 12:36PM
    Options
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the time or really the desire to watch the vid, did he really call himself a pillar of the community?
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
    Options
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭
    Ah so he is upset they didnt pay him to stream lol.

I'm assuming (making an a** of you and me) you're one of those that says "L2P" or "Git Gud" to someone asking a question in g/chat?
    Edited by audrieltheelf on March 15, 2016 12:40PM
    PC/NA/AD
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm assuming (making an ass of you and me) you're one of those that says "L2P" or "Git Gud" to someone asking a question in g/chat?

All he does is whine about how ESO bruised his ego. Noone cares what he thinks. Noone cares if he keeps playing or not. He really should get over himself and stop acting like hes some special snowflake. Hes nothing. He streeams a video game. If I was ESO Id ignore some whiny narcissist like him too.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »
    I don't have the time or really the desire to watch the vid, did he really call himself a pillar of the community?

All he did was drone on and on about how Zenimax doesnt ask him about how to make the game. How he should be consulted on every change. Come on the whole video is full of profanity as well. I stopped watching because I cant have f-bombs going off every couple seconds with the kids here.
    Options
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭

I'm assuming (making an ass of you and me) you're one of those that says "L2P" or "Git Gud" to someone asking a question in g/chat?

All he does is whine about how ESO bruised his ego. Noone cares what he thinks. Noone cares if he keeps playing or not. He really should get over himself and stop acting like hes some special snowflake. Hes nothing. He streeams a video game. If I was ESO Id ignore some whiny narcissist like him too.

It would behoove them to pay attention to someone that streams their video game. Those who watch, and follow him religiously, are going to follow him to the end of the game. So to say they shouldn't listen to him basically says they shouldn't listen to any of their players. /facepalm
    PC/NA/AD
    Options
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been saying this game killed itself for weeks, it's only a matter of time before all there's left are casuals completing unchallenging quests.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would behoove them to pay attention to someone that streams their video game. Those who watch, and follow him religiously, are going to follow him to the end of the game. So to say they shouldn't listen to him basically says they shouldn't listen to any of their players. /facepalm

I had never even heard of this guy before today. Please give me a break. He doesnt speak for me or anyone but himself.
    Options
  • moesmaker
    moesmaker
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been a fan of Fengrush. He's acted childish in ways, towards people I know, on numerous different occasions. THAT BEING SAID .. I agree almost whole heartedly with him on almost all points. They have screwed this game up over and over again and it's proof they don't want you to play the game your way, they want you to play their way and the statement below is why they continue to do it their way.
    moesmaker wrote: »

Who would seriously agree with this statement? So an MMO is now about the developers and not the people playing the game? If that's truly the way you feel I have no words to describe how disheartened it makes me. I thought I'd be subbed to this game forever but thanks Zeni for saving me $14.99 a month.

That is not what I am saying. Of course the game is for the players who play it. I have a subscription because I really really like ESO. But that doesn't mean that ZOS has to listen to ME if I should want this or that. Let them decide what the content of the game wil be. They can listen to us, but they decide.
    Options
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why put any weight on his comments vs. any other negative random poster in these forums? Who is he? Just someone who makes videos. That doesn't make him any more relevant than you or I.

To me, FC addition to PvP is massive. Completely changes the game...awesome hectic, long battles now, less shooting at doors, less fighting on the alessia bridge, more fighting at keeps, where it's meant to be.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
    Options
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭

I had never even heard of this guy before today. Please give me a break. He doesnt speak for me or anyone but himself.

Never said he spoke for you but, like it or not, he does speak for people who agree with him. I stated I didn't like him but that doesn't mean I can't agree with him. Does he act childish more often than he should? Yes. Could he have said it better and with fewer cuss words? I'm sure he could have. Does he have a point? Damn right he does. I mean no disrespect to you or your play style but to say ZoS shouldn't listen to him is saying they shouldn't listen to anyone. Everyone has a right to their opinion, like it or not.

And on that note, goodnight!
    Edited by audrieltheelf on March 15, 2016 12:47PM
    PC/NA/AD
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summarize what he's unhappy about?

Everything. As usual. Typical PvP QQ, aggravated by "Star-Streamer status".

Unfortunately, he's not unhappy enough to actually leave and stop spreading negativity all over the place.

Options
This discussion has been closed.