Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Accidentally joined the Undaunted

Graelock
Graelock
Is there a way to disband/ leave an NPC guild? I did this quest when I was only level 11, thinking that it was just a regular quest/ side quest. I want to be able to join other NCP factions/ guilds in the future and not necessarily the Undaunted. how do you leave? Can you have/ be part of more than one NPC guild?
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why leave? it doesn't restrict you from joining anything else
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilgara wrote: »
    Why leave? it doesn't restrict you from joining anything else

This.

In the traditional Elder Scrolls style, you are able to join as many factions as you like. This may change if the justice system is implemented as a PvP type enforcement system (as has been hinted), but for now, every guild is available to all players.
    ----
    Murray?
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, dude, did you even look at the in game help? Or try joining another in game guild? Joining an in game guild only gets you quests and a new skill line. Stop panicking.
  • Sanibel
    Sanibel
    ✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    Seriously, dude, did you even look at the in game help? Or try joining another in game guild? Joining an in game guild only gets you quests and a new skill line. Stop panicking.

Chill. He's a new player, asking general questions that you yourself didn't know at one point.

Graelock, you can join all the npc faction guilds and benifit from each as you would like :) It's a bit different from Skyrim and the past ES titles.
  • Graelock
    Graelock
    I hadn't even considered joining any of the other guilds yet, as I have read that the ones I am interested in joining, will be added later e.g. Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Vampires Guild etc.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should join them all just so you can level them up as you play
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asking questions that are documented in in game help is kind of pointless and a waste of time, his and ours.
  • lancepro
    lancepro
    ✭✭
    I think the waste of time here is complaining about his asking for help on forums.
    Rocketship Builder, Pizza Expert
    "I swear by my life and my love of it."
    Beta Tested since 8/15/13
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    Asking questions that are documented in in game help is kind of pointless and a waste of time, his and ours.
    It's your choice to spend the time replying to something you consider pointless. As to whether it's a waste of time for the OP, that's for the OP to decide.
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This place is becoming so toxic. My advice to any new player. Stay off these forums. Go to Tamriel Foundry or even reddit ESO sub. Anywhere is friendlier than these self appointed forum police that seem to have invaded here.

Edited by Hilgara on June 5, 2014 2:00PM
  • Graelock
    Graelock
    Thanks everyone, I was just hoping that I hadn't made permanent mistake. The thought occurred to me at work, when I was reading about the other in-game guilds that would be added later, and I recalled that I was already part of the Undaunted (albeit, inadvertently) and this was the most accessible way to find out. Thanks to those of you who were kind enough.

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This place is becoming so toxic. My advice to any new player. Stay off these forums. Go to Tamriel Foundry or even reddit ESO sub. Anywhere is friendlier than these self appointed forum police that seem to have invaded here.

Tamril Foundry and other fan sites are ghost towns these days.

• Jsmt67
    Jsmt67
    ✭✭✭
    One place you can always go to read up on the game and it's basics is the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages. It is one of the longest running Elder Scrolls websites (since 1995) and the information they have there is great if you want to know about the previous games, lore, mechanics, whatever.

As far as ESO goes and the information at UESP, it is not complete but I have a feeling as the game progresses and matures, the folks at UESP will continue to document and put it all online.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
    Edited by Jsmt67 on June 5, 2014 2:27PM
    We are the Renrijra Krin. "The Mercenary's Grin¸" "The Laugh of the Landless," and "The Smiling Scum" would all be fair translations. We believe in justice, but do not follow laws. These are not rules, for there is no word for "rules" in Ta'agra. Call them our "thjizzrini" -- "foolish concepts."
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    Join them all. The first passives of Fighters Guild and Mages Guild are highly over looked!!! And as for Undaunted Guild, it is the only way to get the Range Taunt ability ^_-
  • ZOS_EveP
    ZOS_EveP
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there, we have moved this thread to the New Player Questions.

We would also take the time to ask everyone to stay nice and friendly when answering questions from other players on the forums. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Join them all. It would be 'suicide' for ZOS to introduce Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood and any of us discover our PCs unable to join because we were in Undaunted, Fighter, and Mage Guilds. More likely they will be introduced with bugs that either infect them or infect other parts of the game. For instance, the Undaunted quest line starting off in Auridon for me is broken and I can't progress further with them until this gets fixed.
    Edited by RatsnevE on June 5, 2014 3:30PM
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elitist should stay out of the "new player question" area.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • guldrik
    guldrik
    ✭✭

Finding a specific topic in help section and/or forums can be difficult and even overwealming at times esp to new players. As a former moderator of another game...I always looked to forums to help new player questions. I my self spent 3 days in game tryn for an answer that was simple after learning it...I needed to abandon quest ..start over. But without help..I was stuck. 3 days.
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    You should definitely consider joining in all of the NPC guilds, you will have good selection of skills to pick from that can be crucial at least in Cyrodiil and instanced group activities. Not to mention fun and sometimes challenging quests to do (some of the fighters guild quests can be tricky in a nice way).
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    [Critically edited what I originally posted here.]
    I've come to some peace with the game now.

It appears that the Undaunted and their quests may never have been broken--they simply are not a 'normal' guild but maybe only point you to certain dungeon locations.

My intentions are to stay put here and not seek out other forums to express any frustrations I may have about ESO. I do use a few other sites for information, addons, and utilities.

For new bugs or ideas I'm trying to use the in-game chat commands '/bug' and '/feedback' now and only post in existing threads I find of interest or feel I have something to contribute in.
    Edited by RatsnevE on June 8, 2014 7:06PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graelock wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I was just hoping that I hadn't made permanent mistake. The thought occurred to me at work, when I was reading about the other in-game guilds that would be added later, and I recalled that I was already part of the Undaunted (albeit, inadvertently) and this was the most accessible way to find out. Thanks to those of you who were kind enough.

Join all the guilds, do all the quests, get access to all skill lines.

Mages gives you the Persuade passive and Fighters the Intimidate - those passives alone will save you hundreds if not thousands of gold.

It's foolish to shoot yourself in the foot and not join all the guilds.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • SluggoV2
    SluggoV2
    ✭✭✭
    Sanibel wrote: »

Chill. He's a new player, asking general questions that you yourself didn't know at one point.

Graelock, you can join all the npc faction guilds and benifit from each as you would like :) It's a bit different from Skyrim and the past ES titles.

See that last part, that's why he was concerned. Like in TES:IV, you could only be in one faction at a time, iirc.

Lighten up people, this is supposed to be a place where people can ask and learn without being chastised.

• METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Dont worry some people sometimes forget this is the new player part of the forum lol.

Anyway join all three guilds asap. Reason being is you cannot rank in these guilds until you join. You dont even have to do the quest to join but do it anyway. For mages guild youll find lore books which light up blue in the world. If you are not part of the maged guild and you find a lore book and read youll lose that xp forever. Fighters guild you rank by killing undead and i think public dungeons. Undaunted ranks by completing achievements and i wanna say doing the group dungeons but am not 100% sure.

Anyway you want to rank up these guilds to unlock skills for them. Some of the skills are the best in the game. :)
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm just echoing others, but yes, join everything you can :) There are some very useful skills and passives on the Guild skill lines, and I won't even mention the thread on Volcanic Rune lol.

In Skyrim I did the same, joined Mages Guild and became head honcho of winterhold (can't remember the proper title now) but also joined Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood too, not very consistent for RP perhaps, but I had a blast with it anyway
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭

No. Don't let the toxic fools win. We need to stick around and continue to post helpful information and be friendly and helpful as much as we can or it will just get worse. Let those people go find a new home while we keep ours here.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what I just dont understand...most of you complain about the population dwindling yet so many people offer cold and bitter attitudes to new players asking questions that aren't exactly "stupid questions" to them.

Get bent, seriously.
    Edited by Makkir on June 9, 2014 2:40PM
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    You know what I just dont understand...most of you complain about the population dwindling yet so many people offer cold and bitter attitudes to new players asking questions that aren't exactly "stupid questions" to them.

Get bent, seriously.

Thank you for this! Couldn't agree more.

>.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • AegisWolf
    AegisWolf
    ✭✭
    I've been wondering about this question from an RP standpoint. I guess there isn't a way to leave a guild, I accidentally joined the Thieves Guild when I got it, and now I'm stuck with the skill tree.