The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A question for all of you good sorcs out there

• Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Daedgaming wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    I may take out defensive rune and slot in magelight. My sorc has next to no problems against nbs so honestly that magelight buff is going to be an overkill for me

Tbh it looks like we are going to need that overkill. If nightblades are all going to be running crit cloak now especially we will need the reduced damage from stealthed attacks badly.

You mean because the Dark Cloak morph gets nerfed? Doesn't make sense to me...

Dark cloak will now give you the minor armor buff during it unless the patch notes lied to me. So everyone and their grandmother who are nightblades will clearly be running crit cloak because cloak and its morphs now all reduce the damage of all dot effects to 0 during the duration of cloak but the dark cloak morph no longer removes dot effects. Therefore the only choice they have to make is running crit cloak, which frankly will be super overpowered. Trust me the next thing people will be crying about will be getting one shot from stamblades abusing wrecking blow and critcloak or something of that nature.

5x impen + 10% from resistant + 20% reduction from physical cp ^^ will be enough. 30% crit reduction.

If you don't use impen in pvp your going wrong.

Impen got a small buff as well so it's 300 from a v16 gold equip.

It's around 4% crit reduction per piece. I'm temped to run 8x impen on my s+b light armour dk.

That way i'll have 42% crit reduction and 20% physical dmg reduction.

My shields are up at all times so impen would be an incredible waste for me.

Not really. From my testing 2 pieces of divines with atro mundus amounts to about 50 recovery. So 25 recovery for one piece of divines. Your shields ever get broken while your cc'd? Impen helps you then. Swap out your 4x divines for 4x impen for a loss of about 100 regen (assuming atro mundus) but a gain of 1000 crit resistance.

I have actually been running apprentice but I have debated running with the boon set so I could have both. Then just split it between impen and divines. My regen has been perfectly okay so far, and the damage is outta control.
    GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may take out defensive rune and slot in magelight. My sorc has next to no problems against nbs so honestly that magelight buff is going to be an overkill for me

Tbh it looks like we are going to need that overkill. If nightblades are all going to be running crit cloak now especially we will need the reduced damage from stealthed attacks badly.

Dark cloak will now give you the minor armor buff during it unless the patch notes lied to me. So everyone and their grandmother who are nightblades will clearly be running crit cloak because cloak and its morphs now all reduce the damage of all dot effects to 0 during the duration of cloak but the dark cloak morph no longer removes dot effects. Therefore the only choice they have to make is running crit cloak, which frankly will be super overpowered. Trust me the next thing people will be crying about will be getting one shot from stamblades abusing wrecking blow and critcloak or something of that nature.

5x impen + 10% from resistant + 20% reduction from physical cp ^^ will be enough. 30% crit reduction.

It's around 4% crit reduction per piece. I'm temped to run 8x impen on my s+b light armour dk.

Not really. From my testing 2 pieces of divines with atro mundus amounts to about 50 recovery. So 25 recovery for one piece of divines. Your shields ever get broken while your cc'd? Impen helps you then. Swap out your 4x divines for 4x impen for a loss of about 100 regen (assuming atro mundus) but a gain of 1000 crit resistance.

I have actually been running apprentice but I have debated running with the boon set so I could have both. Then just split it between impen and divines. My regen has been perfectly okay so far, and the damage is outta control.

Yeah if you weave light/heavy attacks then cost reduction is more valuable than regen imo. But divines isn't as great as people assume. 1 piece of divines with apprentice will amount to a very small amount of spell damage. I think I tried apprentice once with between 5-7 divines (can't remember) and gained about 100 spell damage.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭

Yeah if you weave light/heavy attacks then cost reduction is more valuable than regen imo. But divines isn't as great as people assume. 1 piece of divines with apprentice will amount to a very small amount of spell damage. I think I tried apprentice once with between 5-7 divines (can't remember) and gained about 100 spell damage.

roughly, which translates to about 500-1.5k damage give or take
    GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm interested that you say 5x impen, I mean I wear 4x impen but to gain another would mean losing an infused. You reckon that's worth it?

On half my build i use s+b.

But personally, on a light armour build i would yes. You lose a minimal amount of max stat, but gain 4% more crit resistance, only reason why i don't get for full 7-8 impen is because it's not usually needed.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have no problems at all against NBs so I feel divines for the extra regen is better in my case, only because stam DKs are what I actually struggle against
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm interested that you say 5x impen, I mean I wear 4x impen but to gain another would mean losing an infused. You reckon that's worth it?

On half my build i use s+b.

But personally, on a light armour build i would yes. You lose a minimal amount of max stat, but gain 4% more crit resistance, only reason why i don't get for full 7-8 impen is because it's not usually needed.

Thanks. I have been toying with the idea of switching my 2 pieces of heavy from infused to reinforced, and I worked out I would lose about 400 magicka doing that. Might try to squeeze in some more impen now ;)
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭

I have no problems at all against NBs so I feel divines for the extra regen is better in my case, only because stam DKs are what I actually struggle against

Same boat there.
    Options
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭

I dunno how you figured crit cloak will be overpowered when you can't crit a Sorc's shields xD
    Anyway just running crit cloak isn't enough you'll have to invest heavily into elfborn and run Shadow Mundus with all divines to make it super effective. Since any dedicated PvP-er should be running full impen (except Magicka Sorc's) this is the minimum you'd have to do.
    Edited by revonine on March 12, 2016 6:30PM
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're running 21k health, in light armor and you get CC'd, impen wont do much to save you.

Stam for CC break is wut saves you as a sorc in PvP.

Divines and infused, depending on the build.

You want big wards, and heavy burst, don't play to be defensive in a primarily offensive build.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭

I wear 6 devines v16 yellow gear and 1x infused prism

The difference between Mundus stones is big. I tested last night after reading this thread. With apprentice stone I had 3.7k spell damaged buffed with power surge using fire staff and I had around 1.5k Magika regen.

I changed to atro Mundus for regen. Now I have 3.3k spell damage buffed with power surge and 2k Magika Regen.

So I am missing 500 spell damage but that extra regen is gonna make it hard to run out of Magika and hopefully easier to streak and boundless storm sprint away. With 2k regen now I will be adjusting more cp points into stamina regen
    Edited by aLi3nZ on March 14, 2016 4:28AM
    Options