Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

A question for all of you good sorcs out there

Daedgaming
Daedgaming
✭✭✭
Not right now not as of this very moment in time that is the first thing to remember when answering the question I am about to ask. After next patch with the Thieves guild update, do any of you who either pretend to be or are actually good have any idea of what changes might befall your particular spec and if so what spec would you be using as a magicka damage dealing sorc? After reading the patch notes and changes myself, it looks like sorcs and spell damage dealers in general are getting a pretty significant buff thanks to the champion point change of Thaumaturge and moving the magic damage bonus into the apprentice tree. With that in mind I am wondering how this will change things, of course I have ideas of my own and I have been theorycrafting since I first got the patch notes. What do you guys think?
GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one pretend to be a good sorc?
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maybe i will switch encase for magelight, but not sure about that. thats it.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭

depends are you a good sorc?
    GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    maybe i will switch encase for magelight, but not sure about that. thats it.

What do your bars look like right now?

Options
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedgaming wrote: »

depends are you a good sorc?

I think i pretend to be. GL figuring our your basic bar set up
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm a good sorc. I mean, I kill everything and everyone easily but doesn't every sorc?
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I'm a good sorc. I mean, I kill everything and everyone easily but doesn't every sorc?

I remember a 1v3 against 3 Sorcs last time I played. Don't think they had an easy time there.

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't claim to be a good PvP sorc, but I'm trying to get there.

That said, TG is giving me Prox Det a couple hundred thousand AP early, and I know just where it's going to go. I'm going to have to respec CP. I might try the new mines morph,and I'm going to think really hard about whether I have something to give up for the magelight in PvP.
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstly i thing mage Light will be used more as it is no longer a toggle..

2ndly I may even start using pets as they got a big boost...

3rdly i may have to buff my health a bit for pvp with the ne CP to do damage to shields...

4thly I will be seeking out those pesky Nb's and nuking them quicker as they will not be able to stealth after i pop a mage light close to them.. lol...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Strange i do the same on my NB much easier than on my sorc.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magelight, easier to get det, physical resist.

The big chance is elemental now including magic damage. Currently I have about 70 in each. So now i'll put 100 into elemental and have an extra 40 CP for Elfborn probably.

Big buffs to magica sorc this patch
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will probably start to use Meteor more often instead of Storm Atronach. I may still slot Storm Atronach sometimes if I prefer a more defensive ultimate. Might slot Mage Light on my destro bar - probably what will end up happening is that I will keep swapping skills depending on the kinds of groups we're fighting and the kind of group we ourselves have, just like I do now. My build will have more damage now due to the way magic and elemental damage now come from the same star.

Will probably keep the same sets, but might experiment with some new ones.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    So far all I have come up with his obviously changing my CP to use elemental 100 points, then 30 into spell pen and then rest into elfborn. Now the question is more crit or more control, either I lose my restraining prison or I lose the possibility of getting 10% more crit. Then again if a player is running with critical resistance on their gear that crit ends up not mattering much.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What everyone else said, magelight for more magicka/crit.

Be stronger against stamina builds because of cp.

Apart from that not much, of course ill be using meteor more. My overload will be hitting 25% harder as well.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    What everyone else said, magelight for more magicka/crit.

Be stronger against stamina builds because of cp.

Apart from that not much, of course ill be using meteor more. My overload will be hitting 25% harder as well.

good point
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I may take out defensive rune and slot in magelight. My sorc has next to no problems against nbs so honestly that magelight buff is going to be an overkill for me
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I may take out defensive rune and slot in magelight. My sorc has next to no problems against nbs so honestly that magelight buff is going to be an overkill for me

Tbh it looks like we are going to need that overkill. If nightblades are all going to be running crit cloak now especially we will need the reduced damage from stealthed attacks badly.
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

105zf8.jpg
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tbh it looks like we are going to need that overkill. If nightblades are all going to be running crit cloak now especially we will need the reduced damage from stealthed attacks badly.

You mean because the Dark Cloak morph gets nerfed? Doesn't make sense to me...

Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭

Dark cloak will now give you the minor armor buff during it unless the patch notes lied to me. So everyone and their grandmother who are nightblades will clearly be running crit cloak because cloak and its morphs now all reduce the damage of all dot effects to 0 during the duration of cloak but the dark cloak morph no longer removes dot effects. Therefore the only choice they have to make is running crit cloak, which frankly will be super overpowered. Trust me the next thing people will be crying about will be getting one shot from stamblades abusing wrecking blow and critcloak or something of that nature.
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Expert and Hardy stacking :) I might try magelight and the new no-cp campaign. Aside from that not much will change for my sorc. Still not gonna try pets in pvp.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    Elemental Expert and Hardy stacking :) I might try magelight and the new no-cp campaign. Aside from that not much will change for my sorc. Still not gonna try pets in pvp.
    Unless they increase the base damage of the pets they arent worth even having on ones bar. And after taking away the 35% health you get from un-summoning clanfear which I was taking full advantage of while leveling... SA is always a solid choice though for defensive play styles.
    Edited by Daedgaming on March 2, 2016 10:15PM
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dark cloak will now give you the minor armor buff during it unless the patch notes lied to me. So everyone and their grandmother who are nightblades will clearly be running crit cloak because cloak and its morphs now all reduce the damage of all dot effects to 0 during the duration of cloak but the dark cloak morph no longer removes dot effects. Therefore the only choice they have to make is running crit cloak, which frankly will be super overpowered. Trust me the next thing people will be crying about will be getting one shot from stamblades abusing wrecking blow and critcloak or something of that nature.

You're right, wasn't aware both morphs would supress DoTs.

Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5x impen + 10% from resistant + 20% reduction from physical cp ^^ will be enough. 30% crit reduction.

If you don't use impen in pvp your going wrong.

Impen got a small buff as well so it's 300 from a v16 gold equip.

It's around 4% crit reduction per piece. I'm temped to run 8x impen on my s+b light armour dk.

That way i'll have 42% crit reduction and 20% physical dmg reduction.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭

5x impen + 10% from resistant + 20% reduction from physical cp ^^ will be enough. 30% crit reduction.

It's around 4% crit reduction per piece. I'm temped to run 8x impen on my s+b light armour dk.

Amen.
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm interested that you say 5x impen, I mean I wear 4x impen but to gain another would mean losing an infused. You reckon that's worth it?
    PC | EU
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My shields are up at all times so impen would be an incredible waste for me.
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    The moment they come down you get screwed though. Not to mention the impen effects your shields as well. Plus if you destro weave for magicka and damage... Well I rarely have any issues with magicka at all and I run impen and keep my shields up always.
    Edited by Daedgaming on March 2, 2016 10:51PM
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My shields are up at all times so impen would be an incredible waste for me.

Not really. From my testing 2 pieces of divines with atro mundus amounts to about 50 recovery. So 25 recovery for one piece of divines. Your shields ever get broken while your cc'd? Impen helps you then. Swap out your 4x divines for 4x impen for a loss of about 100 regen (assuming atro mundus) but a gain of 1000 crit resistance.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moment they come down you get screwed though. Not to mention the impen effects your shields as well. Plus if you destro weave for magicka and damage... Well I rarely have any issues with magicka at all and I run impen and keep my shields up always.

Shields be uncrittable so I don't see how impen can affect shields. Sorcs wearing impen are just planning for when their ward gets broken.
    PC | EU
    Options