Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where was DX9 removal announced?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Serious question. I follow ESO on Facebook, I'm on the forums fairly regularly and of course I log into the game. Which is enough to keep me up to date on all the latest crown store items and even blog posts about the 'lore' behind them, but somehow I completely missed the announcements (which apparently they've been putting out regularly for a year now) that DX9 would no longer be supported. The first I knew of it was when I read it in the patch notes.

Fortunately this specific change doesn't affect me, but it has made me worry that I'll miss other announcements about things that do affect me.

This is the kind of news I want and the kind of news that I assumed a combination of Facebook, forums and in-game notifications would keep me up to date on, but apparently not.

I've seen numerous people talking repeatedly about how widely and frequently ZOS announced this change, but no links to any of the announcements. If someone could let me know where they found it so I know which news sources I actually need to be following I'd really appreciate it.
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This evening I finally got enough time to do a proper (series of) searches myself and what I found was...interesting.

The earliest mention I could find was on 3rd February 2016 when the patch notes for the PTS were released: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2656308/#Comment_2656308

Before that there's no mention of it, even on this forum. There are even topics here and in various other places advising people to switch to DX9 to fix various issues, from as recently as December 2015, where no one mentions the imminent removal of DX9 support. For example:
    So it looks like my best bet to keep up to date on any future changes to the requirements is to read the patch notes on the PTS forum and hope a month or so is enough time if I need to upgrade (and that unlike this time it doesn't happen just after I've spent £200 on a new monitor).

And incidentally someone should let Nvidia know, their GeForce site still lists the game as DX9 compatible: http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/elder-scrolls-online/system-requirements
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They changed the min specs back in october 2015.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know where they announced that change?

I'm not so concerned about when it was, more where the change was announced so that I know where I have to look for similar announcements in future.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Do you know where they announced that change?

I'm not so concerned about when it was, more where the change was announced so that I know where I have to look for similar announcements in future.

I dont know if they announced the change or not.