Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Falmer Racial Motif?

AlexDougherty
AlexDougherty
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Will there be a Falmer racial motif, so you can make armour that looks like what Gelebor from the Chancelory wore.
cmolqbsruqne.png
People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
Wizard's first rule
Passion rules reason
Wizard's third rule
Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
Wizard's fifth rule
Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
Wizard's tenth rule
  • Eyil
    Eyil
    ✭✭
    That'd be nice, especially if it came with a Falmer-themed update to the game! I really like snow elves, so I hope they get some attention in ESO.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eyil wrote: »
    That'd be nice, especially if it came with a Falmer-themed update to the game! I really like snow elves, so I hope they get some attention in ESO.
    Yeah, Falmer quests, that would be nice.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    though technically the armor pictured is not a falmer armor; the falmer armors where those grimy heavy armors made from chaurus chitin.

would love to see both implemented though
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shiaxi wrote: »
    though technically the armor pictured is not a falmer armor; the falmer armors where those grimy heavy armors made from chaurus chitin.

would love to see both implemented though
    Two types of Falmer, with different gear, those Grimy armours were made by "The Fallen" Falmer, while Gerebor and his "Chancelory" kin wore their own style.

It would be nice to have both though, but at a push I prefer Gerebor's armour.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    yes.. but the point I was making is that the white armor is snow elven armor and not falmer armor; the falmer are the degenerate descendants of the snow elves
  • Eyil
    Eyil
    ✭✭
    yes.. but the point I was making is that the white armor is snow elven armor and not falmer armor; the falmer are the degenerate descendants of the snow elves
    Correction: the white armour is snow elven armour 1,000 years after ESO takes place. I don't think the falmer as we see them in Skyrim even exist in ESO yet, given they're two eras apart!
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Correction: the white armour is snow elven armour 1,000 years after ESO takes place. I don't think the falmer as we see them in Skyrim even exist in ESO yet, given they're two eras apart!

true... but that doesn't change my point in that the armor pictured above is not falmer armor...

anyway.. we're veering way offtopic :p

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The terms Falmer and Snow elf mean the same thing, all elves have a mer style name, Falmer = snow elf, Altmer = High elf, Bosmer = wood elf, Dunmer = Dark elf, Dwemer = Dwarf, Orsimer = Orc (well debatable as some would say orcs are no longer elfs). As I said there are two types of Falmer, the Fallen who were forced to live on those mushrooms and became like animals, and those who hid in places like Auriel's Chancelory and remained pure.
    Given that the game says Dwemer have left, they must have already corrupted the majority of Falmer, meaning both types currently exist in game. Mind you I always though Dwemer disappeared much later, so maybe ZoS has mucked up this point of lore.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice. i like it.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Eyil
    Eyil
    ✭✭
    Given that the game says Dwemer have left, they must have already corrupted the majority of Falmer, meaning both types currently exist in game. Mind you I always though Dwemer disappeared much later, so maybe ZoS has mucked up this point of lore.
    Sure, but as far as I'm aware the mutation into the "modern-day" falmer is a natural process that took a lot of time, rather than something magical and instantaneous. They'd certainly be blind and starting to turn feral, but I imagine they'd still be somewhat recognisable as the original race and not the monstrous kind that exist in Skyrim in the fourth era.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    The terms Falmer and Snow elf mean the same thing, all elves have a mer style name, Falmer = snow elf, Altmer = High elf, Bosmer = wood elf, Dunmer = Dark elf, Dwemer = Dwarf, Orsimer = Orc (well debatable as some would say orcs are no longer elfs). As I said there are two types of Falmer, the Fallen who were forced to live on those mushrooms and became like animals, and those who hid in places like Auriel's Chancelory and remained pure.

well I suppose you are correct; from ingame conversations in skyrim I got the idea Falmer refered to the corrupted ones only and that the snow elves had another name for themselves before the fall (not disclosed in the game) however from the wiki page:

"Amongst the few remaining Snow Elf survivors, they prefer the name Snow Elf over their original name of Falmer, as that name tends to refer to their now degenerated brethren, which after the Dwemer betrayed the Snow Elves and enslaved them, they call "The Betrayed"."
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well I suppose you are correct; from ingame conversations in skyrim I got the idea Falmer refered to the corrupted ones only and that the snow elves had another name for themselves before the fall (not disclosed in the game) however from the wiki page:

"Amongst the few remaining Snow Elf survivors, they prefer the name Snow Elf over their original name of Falmer, as that name tends to refer to their now degenerated brethren, which after the Dwemer betrayed the Snow Elves and enslaved them, they call "The Betrayed"."
    Good point, they probably do prefer the term Snow Elf, given how the term Falmer tends to bring their Betrayed kin to mind.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    Flamer were like those from Skyrim for many years before the disappearance of the dwemer. And no, it wasn't instantenous. Dwarves disappeared in the first era.
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    i guess we will see falmer once skyrim region come out in eso