Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

New Champion Points - Spell Shield and Heavy Armor Focus

Taryf
Taryf
✭✭✭
From Natch Potes:
This ability now grants a flat amount of XXX Resistance per point spent that scales with your level, instead of granting a percentage increase to XXX Resistance.

Can someone tell me exactly what this "flat amount" is for vr16?

Now i got 15pts on Spell Shield and 10pts on Heavy Armor Focus. After patch my resistance will rise or decrease?
Edited by Taryf on March 8, 2016 7:30PM
PS4
EU
Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    Answer is here
    hrothbern wrote: »
    In HA (like me in my main character a HA NB Tank) you are slightly nerfed with the change. So your CP's in Spell Shield and HA Focus deliver slightly less additional Resistance.

The values are:
    25 CP 1492
    50 CP 2807
    75 CP 4062
    100 CP 5281

This max 5281 is the same buff that you get from Major Resolve or Major Ward (5280 to be precise)

This 5281 is also applicable to ALL buffs and debuffs from the CP tree.
    So 100 CP in LA/MA/HA Focus delivers 5281 additional Resistance
    and 100 CP in Spell Erosion or Piercing delivers 5281 more Penetration.

So for every buff in the CP tree there is an opposite and equal debuff.

I like this change, because it is an improvement for a more simple root-balancing by using consistency and symmetry.

What sucks for HA Users is that they are slightly nerfed and LA and MA benefit from this change, so further nerfing down HA as viable option. This means that the announced buffing of HA to compensate a whole row of detrimental changes in the past year of HA in the DB DLC is very important. Have to wait and see.

To explain the difference between LA/MA and HA of the change:
    If you get from CP a % buff, the Armor with more Resistance (HA) will benefit more than Armor with a lower base Resist (LA/MA).
    So in effect the change improved the Resist of LA and MA, HA staying close to equal.

PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar