Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Turn the rubedo drop rate back up in Wrothgar, jerks

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, we all know you messed with the RNG, ZOS. Kills that drop scraps used to have a 33% chance of rubedo, 66% shadow hide. That's now <10% rubedo. A loop through the kennel delve used to yield 20-30 scraps, now it's 3-5.

Knock it the eff off. It takes 1300 scraps, minimum, to make one v16 armor piece. PUT THE DROPS BACK WHERE THEY WERE.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict ZOS makes a fix and publishes monday a patch, and you'll get then 100% rubedo scraps.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    I dont seem to have a problem getting it without farming so really dont care.
  • nans_biscuits
    nans_biscuits
    ✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    I dont seem to have a problem getting it without farming so really dont care.

Thanks for your input?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I were zos and saw this, I would be so inspired by being called a jerk that I would immediately bend over backwards to fix the drop rate....NOT.

I can't think of any reason for zos to have changed rubedo drop rates. They don't sell rubedo in the crown store (yet). Maybe this is just a case of really good RNG being followed by really bad RNG. Maybe it's an unintentional side effect of another change, reminiscent of guts not dropping above very low levels. Whatever the case, name calling is not likely to engender a desire to help address the issue.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have over 700 leather & I am not even trying to get leather...

Never farmed a single node in Wrothgar so I don't really care if they changed it or not, farming nodes is not the only way to get the resource and by a 30% ( at least your ideal % ) chance, I would not even bother with it!

30% is less than ideal, 10% is definitely not worth it.

My advice OP adapt or die :wink: find a new method of gathering it...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Conversion rate is approximately 80% from 10 pieces of leather scraps to pieces of refined leather. So one VR16 piece of armour requires around 150/160 scraps, not over a thousand. No need to exaggerate, it doesn't help the argument.

Also, I've never got a drop rate of 20-30 scraps for a run round the kennels - in fact I'd be happy to see 5 or 6 pieces. It would appear that you've had a (very) lucky streak and now you're suffering from the same RNG as the rest of us.

However, I do think that the drop rate is too low, particularly as there is no way to top up on scraps from writs, which makes leather harder to get than silk.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... and today even skeevers drop rubedo pieces.
    In Wrothgar and Hewsbane, that is.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    ... and today even skeevers drop rubedo pieces.
    In Wrothgar and Hewsbane, that is.

Wait for the outcry...

"How can I fulfil my writs if I only get rubideo leather in Wrothgar?"