Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Search By Name - Guild Stores

WhitePawPrints
WhitePawPrints
✭✭✭✭✭
I am confident that this has been brought up many times before but it is a legitimate question on why we cannot search guild stores by organizing the name of the items alphabetically. We can in banks, but not the stores? That makes no sense to me.

I search for specific recipes all the time for crafting writs, and it is a pain to search hundreds of results when I could just as easily organize everything in alphabetical order and find it near instantly. This would also help those who want to sell to look up a fair price for their items.

Is this a weird thing to ask for?
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    I agree, this would be amazing. It would save so much time searching through stores. Instead of looking at every singe search result you could move through and easily see if that store has what you're looking for.
  • yakuruto
    yakuruto
    ✭✭✭
    If you guys olay on PC (it should work on Mac too, but I'm not sure) you can install an add-om called AwesomeGuildStore. It has several customizable filters, including search by name.
  • goboltz
    goboltz
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, this would be a BIG improvement on Consoles , It's not a problem for PC as they have addons !
    [PS5] [NA] [EP] - "Cheese for Everyone" !
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    goboltz wrote: »
    I agree, this would be a BIG improvement on Consoles , It's not a problem for PC as they have addons !

Honestly even with addons it's still a pain on PC. For example if you're searching for motifs that you don't know yet AwesomeGuildStore has a nice little button that will filter out motifs you already know. Type "Ancient Orc" in the text filter and you're good to go, right?

Well, not really. Since those filters provided by the addon don't actually get sent to the server, you're stuck scanning through empty page after empty page of results waiting to see if anything pops up. Oh then you get a page with one result, couple more empty pages, maybe a page with a couple items...

Ultimately we end up pushing "Next Page" and waiting for the silly search cooldown just as much as those on console do, just with a bit less visual noise on our screen. Adding the ability to search by name to the backend would go a long way to improving the usability of guild stores.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if its just a sort function that allows us to sort by name, that would help out tremendously. But, a search function would be even better!
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    goboltz wrote: »

I do agree that PC players do have it easier with addons, but I don't accept that as an excuse for Zenimax to give a half-assed product. No video game developer should rely on its community to overcome its own shortcomings.

Still for consoles, it would be a tremendous benefit for this feature to be added.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guild store is exceedingly frustrating to use without the Awesome Guild Store addon (even if that isn’t perfect) and I feel extremely sorry for people on console trying to search guild stores. Before I found that addon I usually just gave up on ever finding what I was looking for as I got so sick of scrolling down endlessly while all the text just became a blur. The ‘vanilla’ version of the guild store is almost unusable unless you have a LOT of time and patience.

Honestly it seems like gross negligence that they haven’t improved the guild store interface by now. I can’t believe anyone thought it was okay to not have a word search and name sort available from the start. Not to mention other more specific filters are needed, and it’s a real pain having to re-select all your search parameters at each new stall. I also find it irritating the way it jumps back up to the top after you purchase something and you have to scroll back down through everything looking for the place where you left off, something that wouldn’t be as much of a problem with a word search or name sort.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on March 5, 2016 12:26AM
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least now NPC's sell recipes that are needed for crafting writs; that should help the issue a bit. Still an incredibly basic and simple feature will still help a lot for searching for basic items.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wish to search for a treasure map or other trophy items through a good trading guild, you have to browse through 50-200 pages with a bad cooldown before you get to those items. They are not in any of the cathegories that can be filthered a bit out with the normal UI.... it is so bad :/

Addons help us on PC, and I guess on consoles players don't set those items for sale through guilds, because of the lacking search functions. x_x