The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Bug] Glitched Arrow on Character Model with Bow Equipped

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
There is a glitched arrow that appears in game and remains stuck at the feet of the character model when the following conditions apply:

1) A character has a bow equipped and uses an attack from a class or guild skill line. (Most single target skills such as Ambush or Binding Javelin will cause the glitch to happen, however there are some skills such as Puncturing Sweeps that also cause the glitch to occur).

2) The glitch also occurs when the character dodge rolls while the bow is equipped but sheathed (as in, the bow is resting on the character's back before the dodge roll begins).

Please add this glitch to any list of issues being patched. Thank you.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is a bug. Saw this on my NB last night. It happened to me when I used Poison Injection.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After more digging to see if I could find anyone else who experienced this glitch I came across this thread that contains images of the glitch:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/233007/bug-arrow-at-my-feet-graphics-glitch

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here after using bow skills ...

Weapon swap will fix it until bow skills are used again.
    shades.gif
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Same here after using bow skills ...

Weapon swap will fix it until bow skills are used again.
    shades.gif

Good tip. Unfortunately sometimes weapon swap doesn't completely remove the arrow. I can swap to a secondary weapon to make the arrow go away but after I swap back to the bow the arrow returns and is still stuck at my feet.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on February 1, 2016 8:24PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading the PTS patch notes I have noticed that there is nothing about this bow glitch. Just wondering if it's on the radar for the next patch?
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: If you have the bow in your hand and enter water that is deep enough to swim in, the glitch also occurs.
  • SimsVTC
    SimsVTC
    ✭✭
    I have that bug/glitch too on my NB which is bow specced.