Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS (Thieves Guild optimization discussion)

• Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina has any progress been done on this matter? We are very close to release and we don't have any positive or negative updates on the topic at hand.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • harrlockk616
    harrlockk616
    ✭✭✭
    Less then 15 hr until it hit's the Live Server and no update :#
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I am interested in helping with some of the FPS and other testing.

The SSD I have my NA Copy of ESO living on is only 60 GB. I dont have room for a whole 'nother copy of ESO ont he same drive.

How can I install just the test environment to my c, d, or e, but not the g my live copy is on?

Thank you,

*EB*
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf_Boy wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The SSD I have my NA Copy of ESO living on is only 60 GB. I dont have room for a whole 'nother copy of ESO ont he same drive.

How can I install just the test environment to my c, d, or e, but not the g my live copy is on?

Thank you,

*EB*

I'm not Gina but I know the answer to that: yes you can.

Log in to your account management page and download the ESO installer (in case you didn't keep it from when you originally installed ESO).

Run the installer and choose the drive and path you want to install the PTS on. This will only install the launcher. From there, you can install the PTS normally.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Elf_Boy wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you,

*EB*

I'm not Gina but I know the answer to that: yes you can.

Log in to your account management page and download the ESO installer (in case you didn't keep it from when you originally installed ESO).

Run the installer and choose the drive and path you want to install the PTS on. This will only install the launcher. From there, you can install the PTS normally.

Thank you!
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know for sure if the x64 exe will be available to launch manually after TG maintenance is over? I read that they are delaying the official rollout of x64 on PC till a later incremental patch, but do we know if the 64 bit exe will be in the install folder to launch manually the same way we do on PTS?

I'm worried because I'm doubtful there was enough time for ZOS to have closed the performance gap between PTS client version and live, and the 32 bit version of PTS was even further behind live.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on March 7, 2016 9:05AM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less then 15 hr until it hit's the Live Server and no update :#

Well the update is, they'll push it to live with performance problems.. they set the release date quite some time ago and also did PR around it.. they'll not postpone it.. heck this is the company that pushed a broken cyrodiil battleleveling build to consoles after finding out about the issue a few weeks before... why would they not push this, game was already unplayable in Cyrodiil due to lag.. now it will be unplayable for PvE players too due to FPS issues... but on a positive note: at least you can run the 64 bit client on win8/10 now!!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/250851/
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    So on live now the performance hit isn't as bad as on PTS, but it's still there.

With the 64bit client in open zone it's around 10%, but in town I still get up to 30% less fps...
    32bit is much worse in open zone and also slightly worse than 64bit in town.
    Edited by coolmodi on March 7, 2016 10:55PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just logged in for the first time to see if this issue was fixed for live server. FPS in Belkarth town square used to average 50-60 FPS, today on 32-bit I was seeing in the 30s and occasionally low 40s. In Rawl'kha (AD) I usually would get in the mid 40s at worst; today I am getting 25-35 around the guild traders. I'm sure the 64bit is a little better, but it has its issues at the moment.

3840x2160
    GTX 980Ti
    i7-5820K
    16GB DDR4 3200
    game installed on SSD

Please sort this out ZOS, the game performed fine yesterday!
    PC-NA
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    Any News here?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FPS in new zone is still pretty bad for me. Cut by roughly 40% of what's normal in a city. This is not compared to a dead zone either, I'm comparing with a busy night in rawl kha with tons of players around, so that is not the issue.

rip decibel
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotfix has worked great for me on 64-bit (for FPS issues).

Thanks ZOS for the quick fix!
    PC-NA
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Other then some missing textures I have yet to experience issues with FPS, performance etc.

For once I am lucky.

I wonder if using onboard realtek rather then creative drivers has something to do with it?