Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA megaserver for maintenance – May 24, 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC) – 3:00PM EDT (19:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/475853/
Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

Magicka DKs more useful after patch?

DemiDemon
DemiDemon
✭✭
I got to reading all the patch notes over the last few weeks because I have a Dunmer Werewolf Stamina DK that I am working on and the more I looked at the notes the more it looked like Magicka was gonna be better. I'd love to be a tank on there but with my stamina build after the patches go live, I wonder if switching over all my stuff to a Magicka DK wouldn't be a bit better.
PC/Xbox One - NA
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    You can still run with your stamina build with some changes.
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    "More useful," you say? Thank you for not using the word viable, friend. Possibly more overused than the words nerf and l2p.

    Anyway, mag DKs have definitely improved in terms of survivability next patch with the increase of heals and somewhat mobility because of an actual gap closer. They've also improved in the damage department, if you think about it. You don't have to split your CPs between Thaumaturge and Elemental because they'll be placed in the same passive, which means you'll have your magic and flame damage at once.

    In general magicka builds will be very strong compared to stam. Personally, I'll still be running stam builds because their play style interests me more than the healing ward/blessing of protection spam. You can make your stam DK still work :smile:

    Side Note: Since stam builds are going to need all they can get, it's best that you switch to maybe a redguard(preferred) or a bosmer.
    Edited by Ampnode on March 7, 2016 6:22AM
    PC NA - CP640+

    Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truly funny part is all those people who rerolled Mag DKs because of the upcoming patch, but have never played one before are in for a shock. The play style is a lot different to the other classes.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truly funny part is all those people who rerolled Mag DKs because of the upcoming patch, but have never played one before are in for a shock. The play style is a lot different to the other classes.

    Haha this. I expect to see them all reroll mag NB
    Edited by DKsUnite on March 7, 2016 7:00AM
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

    Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Northman" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

    Youtube: CorGaming
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    The truly funny part is all those people who rerolled Mag DKs because of the upcoming patch, but have never played one before are in for a shock. The play style is a lot different to the other classes.

    Haha this. I expect to see them all reroll mag NB

    ikr, the illusion of an 'I win button'
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The truly funny part is all those people who rerolled Mag DKs because of the upcoming patch, but have never played one before are in for a shock. The play style is a lot different to the other classes.

    Been playing Magicka Dk since beta's. It is the only class I truly enjoy playing. Really happy with some of the changes. This class really does have a very different play style from the others.
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    I will not reroll to magicka build. I don't even sure am I going to use new Igneous Weapons which gives Major Sorcery and Brutality cause I already have Momentum. I agree with others - stamina amd magicka build are completely different in matter of playstyle.
  • DemiDemon
    DemiDemon
    ✭✭
    Dr_Talos wrote: »
    You can still run with your stamina build with some changes.

    Oh? Like what type of changes?
    Ampnode wrote: »
    "More useful," you say? Thank you for not using the word viable, friend. Possibly more overused than the words nerf and l2p.

    Anyway, mag DKs have definitely improved in terms of survivability next patch with the increase of heals and somewhat mobility because of an actual gap closer. They've also improved in the damage department, if you think about it. You don't have to split your CPs between Thaumaturge and Elemental because they'll be placed in the same passive, which means you'll have your magic and flame damage at once.

    In general magicka builds will be very strong compared to stam. Personally, I'll still be running stam builds because their play style interests me more than the healing ward/blessing of protection spam. You can make your stam DK still work :smile:

    Side Note: Since stam builds are going to need all they can get, it's best that you switch to maybe a redguard(preferred) or a bosmer.

    Yeah, I just wondered if they was actually more useful than a Stamina DK considering it seems they get a nice boost from what I've seen released. Also wanting to do PVP at some point as well so that really is going to be a deciding factor. Can't say I've played on PTS but yeah. I have yet to get to the point that CP is a option. Still a lowly 37 currently but wondered if I should switch over or not. I do have a DK Nord that is for storage at the moment. Needed a character to get the Adventurers Pack. I can't really change the race until they put something out for it. Not about to lose all the work I did on it currently sadly. I figure I'll stick with Dunmer anyway for a reason. Thank you though. :)
    The truly funny part is all those people who rerolled Mag DKs because of the upcoming patch, but have never played one before are in for a shock. The play style is a lot different to the other classes.

    Been playing Magicka Dk since beta's. It is the only class I truly enjoy playing. Really happy with some of the changes. This class really does have a very different play style from the others.

    Yep, played a bit on a Templar (not long though need to try it fully), a Sorcerer (loved that class it was very fun), and have yet to try a NB yet. So far the DK is kinda difficult. I think it's because on Sorcerer all I see is attack based stuff but on DK I see mostly stuff to help you stay alive. Well at least the one attacks I've played with so far.
    Dr_Talos wrote: »
    I will not reroll to magicka build. I don't even sure am I going to use new Igneous Weapons which gives Major Sorcery and Brutality cause I already have Momentum. I agree with others - stamina amd magicka build are completely different in matter of playstyle.

    I actually use Molten Armaments instead of Igneous Weapons.
    Edited by DemiDemon on March 7, 2016 9:32AM
    PC/Xbox One - NA
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truly funny part is all those people who rerolled Mag DKs because of the upcoming patch, but have never played one before are in for a shock. The play style is a lot different to the other classes.

    You can Consider me one of These People because i stopped Playing my stam dk at vr4 and hated it. But Ive read about coming Changes and Started leveling it, what Should i say, as magicka i enjoy it atleast as much as my main (sorc) which i Played since Beta. Even without the Changes I Love It and regret Stopping at v4 without trying a magicka Build of it.
    So the "Shock" for me was, how much fun i Missed :sleepy:

    I mainly Play pvp, And the biggest Problem Is healing so far, or im Doing it wrong(hints appreciated).
    Edited by Birdovic on March 7, 2016 9:35AM
    Attempt and Thoughts to Overhaul Scaling, Attribute System and Enchantments
    Improving the Sorcerer class: Ideas

    "We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of Combat to feel awesome"
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    Now with Igneous Weapons you gain Major Brutality instead empowering heavy weapon attack. So if you don't have Momentum from 2H weapon tree, you can use Igneous Weapons. Anyway making magicka DK more powerful doesnt mean that stam DK will be weaker.
  • DemiDemon
    DemiDemon
    ✭✭
    Dr_Talos wrote: »
    Now with Igneous Weapons you gain Major Brutality instead empowering heavy weapon attack. So if you don't have Momentum from 2H weapon tree, you can use Igneous Weapons. Anyway making magicka DK more powerful doesnt mean that stam DK will be weaker.

    It's not that just I'm wondering which would be more useful to work with.
    PC/Xbox One - NA
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DemiDemon wrote: »
    Dr_Talos wrote: »
    Now with Igneous Weapons you gain Major Brutality instead empowering heavy weapon attack. So if you don't have Momentum from 2H weapon tree, you can use Igneous Weapons. Anyway making magicka DK more powerful doesnt mean that stam DK will be weaker.

    It's not that just I'm wondering which would be more useful to work with.

    Depends entirely on what you want to achieve.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile


    I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • DemiDemon
    DemiDemon
    ✭✭
    DemiDemon wrote: »
    Dr_Talos wrote: »
    Now with Igneous Weapons you gain Major Brutality instead empowering heavy weapon attack. So if you don't have Momentum from 2H weapon tree, you can use Igneous Weapons. Anyway making magicka DK more powerful doesnt mean that stam DK will be weaker.

    It's not that just I'm wondering which would be more useful to work with.

    Depends entirely on what you want to achieve.

    I'm kind of thinking maybe switching to a DPS role. Maybe that'd be more beneficial to PVE but for PVP I'm not sure at all. I'd like to get into that part cuz it seems so much fun.
    PC/Xbox One - NA
Sign In or Register to comment.