Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is 2.3.4 going to live or is it an internal 2.3.5 etc?

Yojack
Yojack
Title says it all. Just curious what to expect.
Yojack, of Yojack's Min/Max and the Yojack Build from Daoc, Wow, Swtor and Gw2. Original Master of the Stunlock!
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    going live monday march 7th as is and then there will likely be weekly patches for a few weeks after release
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be a new iteration with what the devs were able to work on since this week's 2.3.4 ... but not 100% sure what they'll call it.

The giant natch potes won't be hard to miss, however, when the update hits:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'll probably be 2.3.5. When IC/Orsi hit the live patch was incremented one sub-patch number. PTS is on 2.3.4 so it makes sense live will be 2.3.5.
    Edited by Paulington on March 6, 2016 7:41PM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    probably another patch with other additives, still surprised they reverted the changes on animation canceling tho :|
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, expect it to be a new version. 2.3.5 is a good guess.

For one thing, they have to undo the special change they did to the trial for PTS.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    probably another patch with other additives, still surprised they reverted the changes on animation canceling tho :|

Im also surprised and super happy they didnt implement it (for now atleast).
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll be back.

If it is that much trouble to get the important animations to play and not be eclipsed by lesser/newer ones, maybe the better solution is to not fix it but remove the animation cancelling.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll be back.

If it is that much trouble to get the important animations to play and not be eclipsed by lesser/newer ones, maybe the better solution is to not fix it but remove the animation cancelling.

Theres nothing wrong with is as it is though.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll be back.

Exactly.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll be back.

A couple months ago, I might have agreed. It needs to be fixed and animation priority isn't a fix. . The animation priority is just lipstick on the pig. :smile:
  • Yojack
    Yojack
    Thread hijack but nothing is wrong with animation canceling? O rly? Tell that to the nightshade that hit me with 4 crit ambushs from stealth .....7k dmg 7k dmg 7k dmg 7k dmg dead in less then 2 seconds....
    Yojack, of Yojack's Min/Max and the Yojack Build from Daoc, Wow, Swtor and Gw2. Original Master of the Stunlock!
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not animation cancelling, it's macro and exploit. With "human" animecut, you can't use more than one ambush each second.
    The major fix they need to do is to prevent the skill to be used without any animation, and that what they tried (even if they've finally delayed everything). If their prioritizing thing work well (so in a world full of butterfly and rainbows), most of exploit on animecut will disappear, such as too more attack in too few time, hidden incantation and the competence/LA/bash we often see now.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    It's not animation cancelling, it's macro and exploit. With "human" animecut, you can't use more than one ambush each second.
    The major fix they need to do is to prevent the skill to be used without any animation, and that what they tried (even if they've finally delayed everything). If their prioritizing thing work well (so in a world full of butterfly and rainbows), most of exploit on animecut will disappear, such as too more attack in too few time, hidden incantation and the competence/LA/bash we often see now.

except they pulled out this part of the update
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its gonna go live as is, so prepare for yourself for several weeks of game breaking bugs.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Yojack
    Yojack
    ....and getting rich off motifs....
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elder Staffs/Skirts Online is back xD
    EU | PC
  • Yojack
    Yojack
    Well back on track....2.3.4 was NOT ready for release so I'm hoping their internal was a lot more polished......(it won't be unfortunately)
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos need to stop setting dates for their DLC's
    zos need to get rid of character copy and just let NA and EU both use PTS at the same time with infinite crafting materials and max level characters and max cp

too much is missed in the PTS because of their very bad testing they give us. We miss so many bugs because of this character copy bs
    #MOREORBS
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably have a couple of bugs they need to squeeze in before we get a chance to call them out. :)
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yojack wrote: »
    Thread hijack but nothing is wrong with animation canceling? O rly? Tell that to the nightshade that hit me with 4 crit ambushs from stealth .....7k dmg 7k dmg 7k dmg 7k dmg dead in less then 2 seconds....

Not possible, you were probably lagging.

If you think animation cancelling lets people do more abilities in a shorter time spawn than they were otherwise able to then it just proves that you have no clue what you are talking about. All animation cancel so is squeeze in a light attack, heavy attack or bash in between skill uses, or cut off a fraction of their animation. Animation cancelling does not let you use skills faster, only cut off some of their animation which is used on a light attack instead. Yes it is more damage but is not something you can exploit with macroes to achieve several skill uses in the same time it takes another person to use a skill.
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭

It'll be back.

why would you remove the only ounce of skill based combat this game still offers
    nerf mdk
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Yojack wrote: »

Not possible, you were probably lagging.

If you think animation cancelling lets people do more abilities in a shorter time spawn than they were otherwise able to then it just proves that you have no clue what you are talking about. All animation cancel so is squeeze in a light attack, heavy attack or bash in between skill uses, or cut off a fraction of their animation. Animation cancelling does not let you use skills faster, only cut off some of their animation which is used on a light attack instead. Yes it is more damage but is not something you can exploit with macroes to achieve several skill uses in the same time it takes another person to use a skill.

HAHAHAHA !!!!!! so cute dude ! With my Logitech G15 i can macro anime cuts (with my sorcerer destro/light attack weave) twice faster than your better human skills, easy :)

On console the combat speed is way slower than on Pc mostly because of this : you can't use macro anime cuts. L2UK (learn to use keyboards :p )
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The patch number will be 2.3.5 when we go live, and will have a few additional fixes going in since 2.3.4 on the PTS.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonder how much they'll "forget" to put in patch notes this time ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch number will be 2.3.5 when we go live, and will have a few additional fixes going in since 2.3.4 on the PTS.

Shame, missed opportunity for countdown jokes on the forum :(.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »

"As we really want to give templars a "this is my house" feeling, we're now increasing its radius by 0.5 meter. We reduced the magicka regeneration by 80% to compensate".
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

:(
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't make sad face, it's not your fault :)

• Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't make sad face, it's not your fault :)

You...Ps4 Eu...Tiny Bosmer, right?
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

That's the theory, and that also what it should be. But sending too much information to the server, who result of more skill without any animation is closely tied to the whole animecut thing. Actually, you can use more than one skill per second with macro, and even cut some attack without them. It's why we are banned if we "send too much information in too few time".
    Remember that animation cancelling wasn't intended at the beginning, sure it give a lot of good thing but it also have it downside because ZOS never really worked on it before this patch. It's why I was waiting their animation prioritization, but seem that they are some issue left who delay it.