Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is VR 8 gear supposed to be weaker then VR 7?

Smokeytripod
Kinda like the title says, I just got to VR 8 and am going to craft some new gear but the stats on VR8 things seem to drop about 200 or so points from VR7 stuff.

Is this a bug or just a display error? otherwise I can't really see the point in making more gear

p.s I hope this is the right place to post this if not sorry :p
Xbox One - EU - Ebonheart Pact
GT: Sm0keytrip0d
Champion Rank 355
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is your vr7 gear enchanted in any way
  • Smokeytripod
    davidtxr wrote: »
    Is your vr7 gear enchanted in any way

It is but this was just from looking at stuff I can make at a crafting station, for example I can make a basic( white with no traits etc) VR7 fire staff that does 1025 damage while the VR8 staff goes down to 906 damage, that's what is confusing me :/
    Champion Rank 355
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's only a little bit stronger when upgraded the same and the enchants don't go up till level 10.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you comparing your upgraded gear to new white gear?
  • Smokeytripod
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Are you comparing your upgraded gear to new white gear?

Nope, comparing all white gear :3
    Champion Rank 355
  • Smokeytripod
    Finally able to post pics of what im on about (rubbish Xb1 and Onedrive taking their time)

y3mZWd9QmlkvmNYc1jQHbOtEZH9Eh8PWoB6VrVDNRYF6mAOmxGHengg9nYYEKSRtCQRdLvSa3I21FI6z-eQU9KgW9as0RwFGl7H3pmfmyaDldR2-yyV1h48bq3VC0E_fAPUDJ20eH5RavUyz-LplWoHlQ?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

y3m7lQyzatzPDtH3h6mIEzfX-xYr6IqQjUUne1KUZkQGrhBEIS1Qw5qdnZWh3rwU8uvrjxixBeOakAtuuv0GTteMUM-r3h6J5UZGigzIFWK6drJhYPpyQXS4JpQW37c1xLdypmtZA5by6MCSwuBXS4knw?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

Should the 2nd one not be slightly stronger not weaker?

* I Also noticed while waiting on Onedrive despite getting an attribute + skill point point for VR8 it says I cant use VR8 stuff, despite me wearing some random VR8 stuff I found atm lol*
    Edited by Smokeytripod on March 2, 2016 1:10PM
    Champion Rank 355
  • TalonKnight
    TalonKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Actually i think julianos gear or how ever u spell it gets worse after v4, but haha yeah i was waiting for some 1 to post this....
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally able to post pics of what im on about (rubbish Xb1 and Onedrive taking their time)

y3mZWd9QmlkvmNYc1jQHbOtEZH9Eh8PWoB6VrVDNRYF6mAOmxGHengg9nYYEKSRtCQRdLvSa3I21FI6z-eQU9KgW9as0RwFGl7H3pmfmyaDldR2-yyV1h48bq3VC0E_fAPUDJ20eH5RavUyz-LplWoHlQ?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

y3m7lQyzatzPDtH3h6mIEzfX-xYr6IqQjUUne1KUZkQGrhBEIS1Qw5qdnZWh3rwU8uvrjxixBeOakAtuuv0GTteMUM-r3h6J5UZGigzIFWK6drJhYPpyQXS4JpQW37c1xLdypmtZA5by6MCSwuBXS4knw?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

Should the 2nd one not be slightly stronger not weaker?

* I Also noticed while waiting on Onedrive despite getting an attribute + skill point point for VR8 it says I cant use VR8 stuff, despite me wearing some random VR8 stuff I found atm lol*

Well that is strange. Maybe it fixes itself with a restart?
  • FizzOnly
    FizzOnly
    ✭✭✭
    just checked on the PC and it seems your tooltip is wrong.
    v7 does 882 base white and v8 906.
  • Smokeytripod
    Actually i think julianos gear or how ever u spell it gets worse after v4, but haha yeah i was waiting for some 1 to post this....

Great, it took me ages to get the traits needed to make that stuff :p
    FizzOnly wrote: »
    just checked on the PC and it seems your tooltip is wrong.
    v7 does 882 base white and v8 906.

Odd, maybe it's a bit of a display error on my end then? I did just think it was caused by my gear but I have nothing on that affects weapon damage
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Well that is strange. Maybe it fixes itself with a restart?

Tried resetting and nothing changed, but then the numbers im being shown are off anyway so yeah lol
    Edited by Smokeytripod on March 2, 2016 1:52PM
    Champion Rank 355
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great, it took me ages to get the traits needed to make that stuff :p

Julianos is fine, it gets better as you level it. I have made a few sets at VR12, 14 and 16. Each one has been stronger just as expected.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a bug, no white V8 item should do less damage than a white V7 item of the same set. Take your screen prints and turn in tickets on them.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Its because its saying you cant make VR8 gear, so if you're VR8 something's gone wrong there. Did you level up while on the crafting station? Try logging out and back in. The VR7 figures its showing you are the battle levelled figures for Wrothgar whereas the VR8 aren't battle levelled as its saying you cant make it.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The picture of vr7 is equipped? Not familiar with console UI. You can't equip your vr8 one yet, it might jump up.

Edit: Oh it says BOP at top.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on March 4, 2016 2:03PM
    PC EU
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange on PC I get 882 damage for the v7 and 906 damage for the v8. Sounds like a bug of some sort with the v7. The v15 staff has 1025 damage though so it may just be a visual mix-up on the crafting station.

item-69608-57-1.png
    item-69608-58-1.png
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!