Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon Swaps Need To Work While In CC

Xeven
Xeven
✭✭✭✭✭
Continuing from my discussion on the last PTS:

With a CC happening to your character every 5 seconds, it is the number one cause of failed weapon swaps. In a game with only 5 skills and 1 ultimate per bar, it is imperative that weapon swaps are fluid and uninterruptible. While it might make sense from a realistic standpoint, due to the frequency of CC in this game, incessant failed weapon swaps makes the combat system feel unresponsive overall, and it is best for the fluidity of combat that this functionality is removed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel

Edited by Xeven on March 4, 2016 6:23PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather we address the overabundance of cheap CC in this game.
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with weapon swap while in CC. It probably would make the combat a little bit more fluid. Players would have a faster access to their defensive abilities and wouldn't have to 'wait' until the weapon swap is done.
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. This is not an issue that I frequently have, and I have never gotten frustrated/mad because I was CC'd and had to break out or wait to weapon swap. It simply doesn't make sense to prioritize weapon swapping over hard CCs, and doing so would cause issues with the functionality of other skills (e.g. immovable brute).
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CCs cause weapon swaps to fail. Most people dont even realize it, they just think it was lag. It wouldnt have any effect on immovable brute, at all.

At the very least, a weapon swap request should be allowed to process in a short window after being CCd. The idea is not to sit there in CC and swap weapons. Who would want to do that? The idea is to prevent CC from canceling weapon swaps.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No and you should be ashamed of this ridiculous idea...

The whole concept of cc is that it makes the game unresponsive.

You should not be able to swap while cc'd

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I'd rather we address the overabundance of cheap CC in this game.

Indeed.

Combat team: "we don't want players to spam one ability...... but here you go this is your highest damaging ability that both CC's and costs a pittance have fun!"

Players: "This needs a nerf or other things need to get buffed..."

Other players: "Don't NERF our only ABILITY!"

Combat team: "Well we feel likes it is all gravy but lets add an infinitely spammable cc component to gap closers that'll fix one button spamming..."

Players: "OMG this guy one shot me its OP NERF!"

Combat Team: "Was he using a bow?...Yes?...No worries NERF Incoming we don't want bow users one shotting people thats not fair."

Players: "OMG this guy one shot me its OP NERF!"

Combat Team: "Was he using a bow or stamina?...No?...Ah well perhaps you should get more armor or look at your CP point stackup.."

Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is uneeded. What is needed is for CC to actually function properly. As it is now, CC immunity is completely broken and buggy. Many skills do not give CC immunity unless you break out of them, anyone who's been Fossilized -> Wrecking Blow'd knows what that's like. And then there's the fun times where you get re-CC'd while doing the goddamned CC break animation!
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, weapon swap isn't gonna save me while I'm CC locked.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with the OP.

And also with the second post. The game is so saturated with CC that breaking free every 5-8 seconds during the whole encounter is becoming the norm.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locking down weapon swaps might be a neat tactic in a game where CCs were expensive or on cooldowns. You would use them strategically to deny heals or buffs. In this game however you mash your favorite CC every five seconds. There is no strategy involved. Everyone has access to multiple cheap and effective CCs, and many times you are fighting multiple people.

Weapon swapping in this particular game must be uninterruptible. The mechanics require it. This is not a QQ thread man, or a L2P issue. It's the only logical solution to fix what otherwise feels like an unresponsive mechanic.

I know many more people agree. Please chime in and let the devs know. Something must be done about weapon swaps.

Edited by Xeven on March 5, 2016 9:47PM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    Locking down weapon swaps might be a neat tactic in a game where CCs were expensive or on cooldowns. You would use them strategically to deny heals or buffs. In this game however you mash your favorite CC every five seconds. There is no strategy involved. Everyone has access to multiple cheap and effective CCs, and many times you are fighting multiple people.

Weapon swapping in this particular game must be uninterruptible. The mechanics require it. This is not a QQ thread man, or a L2P issue. It's the only logical solution to fix what otherwise feels like an unresponsive mechanic.

I know many more people agree. Please chime in and let the devs know. Something must be done about weapon swaps.
    I wasn't aware Wrecking Blow was a 5 second cast time. :trollface:
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CC mechanics and counters need a complete overhaul. Too much is broken, and certain skills are too good (e.g. fear, petrify, streak).

Also, the CC attached to gap closers needs to get fixed. Second worse thing in PVP right now.

Barring that, I'll agree with OP
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op and first reply are both important.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Stunning, snaring, immobilizing etc. that is the whole bunch of CCs should NOT be cheap and added part of any skill, but only available as a cast time ability, i.e. one that can be interrupted.

That would make CCs something of a tactical thing to do (and by choice), not a got you first, now you die piece of *** we got now. Weapons swap should then be disabled just as anything else would until you break free etc.

The real problem is the overabundance of CCs that to some part, if e.g. applied at the same time by different people, even can make it impossible to break free at all. As one counter to one CC is cancelled by the other CC while the counter to that is cancelled by the first. Add to that the freaking long time the break free animation takes ... all you can do is watch your character die without being able to do anything about it. Fun? This ain't!
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time i say this, its an l2p issue. sry.
    1. Look if u are stunned
    2. swap weapon

In case u got stunned, look at ur bar or ur weapons and simply swap after break free.
    It is that easy and brings an additional skillcomponent into the game.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CCs cause weapon swaps to fail. Most people dont even realize it, they just think it was lag. It wouldnt have any effect on immovable brute, at all.

At the very least, a weapon swap request should be allowed to process in a short window after being CCd. The idea is not to sit there in CC and swap weapons. Who would want to do that? The idea is to prevent CC from canceling weapon swaps.

It would have. Imagine this: One normal bar, one emergency-bar when you are CCed with: Immovable (lowered break free cost), Structured (increased HP) + class skills (extra lifereg, HP, stamreg etc possible)....so no, no actions when you are CCed as long as slotting skills give you any passive effects.
    Noobplar
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

It would have. Imagine this: One normal bar, one emergency-bar when you are CCed with: Immovable (lowered break free cost), Structured (increased HP) + class skills (extra lifereg, HP, stamreg etc possible)....so no, no actions when you are CCed as long as slotting skills give you any passive effects.

Who cares?
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Who cares?

you can even go further and build a stamreg/defensive backbar (including different sets) and ONLY swap there when CCed, if not, stay on your fulldmg frontbar. Sry, that's just insane...resource-management is so easy, no need to make it even easier.
    You got CCed on your Support/heal-bar, goodluck. CCed on front(dmg) bar? Your bad, break free and swap bars....not that big of a deal.

Btw...."Who cares?" is nothing constructive...it just destroys discussion...
    IF you want to make the game better, listen to dofferent opinions and discuss, don't be rude...
    Noobplar
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is your argument then you are the one who is being "rude". Ive already suggested as solution to your imaginary problem.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CC stops ALL actions...if you swap before you got CCed it will work, if not...badluck ;-)
    Your little timeframe won't change anything, you just change the time when weapon swap won't work after CC.
    (now: immediately, your suggestion: 0.1 (?) second later)
    Noobplar
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 3 PvE videos... and thats it. You dont even PvP. Those PvE CCs are ruthless man. Better put immovable on your back bar. Lol.

I like tacos. I bet you dont like tacos.

Edited by Xeven on March 7, 2016 9:05AM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have 3 PvE videos... and thats it. You dont even PvP. Those PvE CCs are ruthless man. Better put immovable on your back bar. Lol.

I like tacos. I bet you dont like tacos.

lol... i just can't record pvp/12-men content bc of bad fps/ping. I did more PvP than PvE the last 2 months, bc i have everything done in PvE so far. And i don't have any Problems with CCs in PvP...i don't even use immovable XD

But anyways...this topic is not about my pvp-experience, but about weapon-swap while CCed. My opinion is: no, reasons are stated above.

Shortform: i say no, bc of passive effects from skills
    you say yes, bc you don't want to look at your bar and weapon swap after CC if it didn't work.
    Noobplar
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I want to weapon swap and know that it worked, even if one of the other 24 players happened to press their cc button.

I do not want to willingly sit in cc and swap weapons, lol that is the asinine assumption you keep making.

I also like salsa.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I want to weapon swap and know that it worked, even if one of the other 24 players happened to press their cc button.

I do not want to willingly sit in cc and swap weapons, lol that is the asinine assumption you keep making.

I also like salsa.

Sounds more like a weapon-swap-problem (and maybe lag etc) than a problem with CC, isn't it? But anyways...if you press weaponswap and get Cced in the same time, you should not swap weapon bc you are CCed. If you swap before, it should happen...sure :)
    Noobplar
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :)

:|