The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So who all is going to try the new NO-CP server?

• reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. Hope it makes two different campaigns with three factions at 2 and 3 bars...but my guess is it won't happen. Will just be another gimmick server nobody plays on.

My guess is this. The low CP players will go to the no-CP server and get bored because there aren't enough organized groups, AP will suck, plus you'll have ganking 1v1 experts there. You think gankers are bad now? Wait till the griefers come to the non-CP server.

Eventually, your low-cp player is just going to come back to the standard server, non-CP server will have 1 bar at all times and be used to flip emps.

Zos doesn't get, their players want large scale pvp.
    Edited by reften on February 29, 2016 6:24PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • mcurley
    mcurley
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be enjoying BwB without the CP-twinks for a good long while but I might venture into AS with my vets to see how it goes for me there as well. Will be nice to try out a variety of builds that I couldn't make in BwB.

Edited by mcurley on February 29, 2016 8:20PM
    For the Covenant!
    Svvord - magicka NB
    Lavv - magicka DK
    Povver - stamina NB
    Psylint - stamina NB
    Yelruc - magicka Sorc
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no. This campaign will be a waste, IMO.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • V1EKING
    V1EKING
    Soul Shriven
    Spend hours of grinding CP only to play in a campaign where your hours were... a.... w...a....s.......t.......e offfffff ti......mmmmme!?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I'll try it. Especially if TF and Had turn into campaigns that are laggy messes.

Haderus turn into a laggy mess???

Have you been there lately? It is already a laggy mess with fps dropping into the single digits and ping through the roof. How can it turn into more of a laggy mess?

No I haven't. Sad to hear Azura's Disease has spread.

Even Trueflame was getting laggy last night, and there really weren't that many people online.
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    Will this result in a lag free, large scale pvp experience? If so, my answer will be more than likely a resounding yes.

One can only dream.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try it. Especially if TF and Had turn into campaigns that are laggy messes.

Have you been there lately? It is already a laggy mess with fps dropping into the single digits and ping through the roof. How can it turn into more of a laggy mess?

Even Trueflame was getting laggy last night, and there really weren't that many people online.

Because tons of people fled Azura's when the last campaign ended. No one wants to get stuck paying the alliance points for jumping campaigns after a new one starts. Unless they are giving a free jump when this goes live that many don't know about.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Professional BWB players will have an option for their vr1 toons now rather than delete them.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Professional BWB players will have an option for their vr1 toons now rather than delete them.

Until they do away with vet ranks
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

Until they do away with vet ranks

Well, they'd be level 50 champions, same thing only won't be battle leveled in the non-CP server. Non-battle level'd characters in a non-CP gonna feel it so bad.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRxKnight wrote: »
    No cp campaign = not worth my time...I'm not going to craft or purchase new armor sets just to play in a campaign that, more than likely, will be dead or not have good fights

this is the truth of it. i use Julianos right now. Julianos without CP isn't gonna work. I don't want to craft anymore V16 gear atm.
    Edited by Lucky28 on March 2, 2016 7:09AM
    Invictus
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had to log out from PS4 EU Dominion's Tank and Shield-stacker Sorcs, sucks there isnt enough dmg to do anything really, teleport + shield stacking is so unbelievable strong during Morning, unless you're really bad player you cant be killed. Hopefully NO-CP Campaigns are different so I definitely will try them. People log in, they realize they can do a damn, they log out. Great game you have here, Zen.

My solution is that Shield Stacking effectiviness should be scaled from the population of the game. Low pop, its less effective, high pop, its more effective.
    Edited by Sausage on March 2, 2016 8:16AM
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one single fight on the pts no cp campaign and it was fun!!!
    But that doesn't speak for anything.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely going to try it. Skill over CP's any day of the week!
    PC EU
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Less CP - less OP other classes in compare with templar. Worth trying for templars.
  • bubblebuttboss
    bubblebuttboss
    ✭✭✭
    I might giver a go for a few hours, beyond that...naw!

I can see this being popular though
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

Because tons of people fled Azura's when the last campaign ended. No one wants to get stuck paying the alliance points for jumping campaigns after a new one starts. Unless they are giving a free jump when this goes live that many don't know about.

They did state they would be giving a free campaign swap, that's why Azura's still has a decent number of people in it.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skyy wrote: »

They did state they would be giving a free campaign swap, that's why Azura's still has a decent number of people in it.

Azuras is already pretty dead, there's a strong EP night cap crew but aside from that we've crowned an emp every day this week with virtually no resistance.
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Azuras is already pretty dead, there's a strong EP night cap crew but aside from that we've crowned an emp every day this week with virtually no resistance.

Yeah everyone already switched it seems...I'm just on it still for my 5 gold mats or the possibility of legacy arch mage/elf bane
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give it a try to see if I can improve my limited ability, but have already moved my home campaign to TF.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most active players have capped or nearly-capped CP by now so offensive and defensive CPs cancel each other out for the most part.

The main difference will be bad sustain without CP, this will force players to reduce their spell/weapon dmg to invest in regen/cost reduction.

My build will be designed for CP campaigns and I will most likely swap out the jewelry with different enchants if I want to try the non-CP campaign. Its too much effort to craft new v16 gear just for the non-CP campaign.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. I don't feel like crafting entirely new sets of gear to account for the loss of stats from no-CP.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah everyone already switched it seems...I'm just on it still for my 5 gold mats or the possibility of legacy arch mage/elf bane

Yeah pretty much this. And DAOC of course.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on March 4, 2016 4:49PM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Managing regen without CP is going to be....fun
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah pretty much this. And DAOC of course.

Of course DAOC...DAOC is best game
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • Leach8888
    Leach8888
    V1EKING wrote: »
    Spend hours of grinding CP only to play in a campaign where your hours were... a.... w...a....s.......t.......e offfffff ti......mmmmme!?
    This is where skill and experience comes in to.play. you no longer have hidden bonuses to keep yourself alive or to kill faster than other players that think they are in a fair fight on non vet servers. You now need your armor sets and a good group tactic. It's called skill, not cheap tactics or bonuses other players don't know are buffing you and leave the fight unbalanced.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much a waste of time Imo.

They should have made it into some "Hard Mode" server where the NPC's are actually V16 and have some different abilities (DK guard can drop Standard on a flag etc.), more things are able to be captured like towns, bridges, abandoned milegates, districts in Imperial City. Add in that each Imperial City district gives you some Imperial Generals to also watch over emperor keeps (one at each keep- most of which are extremely hard, similar to Banner bosses in IC sewers, and use abilities not commonly used like ice and nightblade).