The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

ESO Crashes Repeatedly in Orrery

mrfr33z3
mrfr33z3
✭✭
I'm on my fourth attempt. Whenever I'm in the Orrery and around the time I break free just before the main battle, the game crashes. Of course, I venture all the way back to that area, place whatever knickknacks I'm supposed to, only to be met with another crash.

Are there any logs I can review to see what might be at fault? Anyone else experience more frequent crashing recently?

Thanks.
  • mrfr33z3
    mrfr33z3
    ✭✭
    I disabled a majority of my Add-Ons and tried again. Same thing. This time, I ran half-way through the Orrery and the game crashed as I passed the Queen chatting with someone.
  • mrfr33z3
    mrfr33z3
    ✭✭
    I managed to get through this problem. Here are all of the steps I took, culled from the pinned Troubleshooting post, just in case this causes issues for someone else:

- Make sure to run both the launcher and the game as admin and in compatibility mode for Windows XP-SP3
    - Include an exception for the ESO.exe file (located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\), the launcher & account.elderscrollsonline.com to your anti-virus software and your firewall.
    - Please run a memory test to help rule out faulty RAM as a possible cause of the crashing.
    - After rebooting your PC in selective start-up mode, please repair your game client
    - Make sure that overclocking is turned off for CPU, Graphics Card, and RAM.
    - I disabled NetBIOS over IP, and had to repopulate my static IP values, due to a "missing" protocol error I received after resetting my networking settings, per the recommendations in the troubleshooting post.
    - If your PC was a custom build or built privately please check if the power supply is adequate for your hardware.
    - Try to delete the ShaderCache.cooked file
    - Adjust your video card to run the game at High Performance. - Nvidia Video Card.
    - Make sure your drivers are up-to-date
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Thanks for updating the thread with the steps you took @mrfr33z3 - we're glad to hear they helped!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post