The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Crashes Repeatedly in Orrery

mrfr33z3
mrfr33z3
✭✭
I'm on my fourth attempt. Whenever I'm in the Orrery and around the time I break free just before the main battle, the game crashes. Of course, I venture all the way back to that area, place whatever knickknacks I'm supposed to, only to be met with another crash.

Are there any logs I can review to see what might be at fault? Anyone else experience more frequent crashing recently?

Thanks.
  • mrfr33z3
    mrfr33z3
    ✭✭
    I disabled a majority of my Add-Ons and tried again. Same thing. This time, I ran half-way through the Orrery and the game crashed as I passed the Queen chatting with someone.
  • mrfr33z3
    mrfr33z3
    ✭✭
    I managed to get through this problem. Here are all of the steps I took, culled from the pinned Troubleshooting post, just in case this causes issues for someone else:

- Make sure to run both the launcher and the game as admin and in compatibility mode for Windows XP-SP3
    - Include an exception for the ESO.exe file (located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\), the launcher & account.elderscrollsonline.com to your anti-virus software and your firewall.
    - Please run a memory test to help rule out faulty RAM as a possible cause of the crashing.
    - After rebooting your PC in selective start-up mode, please repair your game client
    - Make sure that overclocking is turned off for CPU, Graphics Card, and RAM.
    - I disabled NetBIOS over IP, and had to repopulate my static IP values, due to a "missing" protocol error I received after resetting my networking settings, per the recommendations in the troubleshooting post.
    - If your PC was a custom build or built privately please check if the power supply is adequate for your hardware.
    - Try to delete the ShaderCache.cooked file
    - Adjust your video card to run the game at High Performance. - Nvidia Video Card.
    - Make sure your drivers are up-to-date
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Thanks for updating the thread with the steps you took @mrfr33z3 - we're glad to hear they helped!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post