The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why don't we have small scale pvp?

Horus6
Horus6
✭✭
Don't get me wrong I love large scale battles like this, but it' s also nice to have small scale battle grounds like most other mmorpgs have.

I'm not saying we should have a " capture the flag battleground " but I am saying we need small scale matches major alliance warfare is fun when you're not lagging, or you're not getting stomped on by 20 people at once.

Why haven't you put in an arena system for 1v1 or small teams for more focused and skilled pvp?

Okay Elder scrolls we've got our gladiator system in through out the single player games, well you can implement that here as a pvp system as well.

Instead of fighting animals, random npcs etc let us queue up for a death match battle ground with 5v5 or 10v10 some thing like when you die you die and you're out of the round till it's over. I know i know the casuals would hate that... So give it a set kill limit which ever team gets the most kills wins and you just keep re-spawning till you there.

We need more pvp and different pvp
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have IC to do small scale pvp... oh wait...
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because everything that works well to kite or fight zergs or superior numbers then you, is getting nerfed and devs cater to zerging over small scaling. /endrant

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a good question. I would love to be doing that right now.
    PC EU
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭
    It just gets really boring after a while there is no skill involved in our current PvP system.

1. Run around with your raid group and all of you jump on and kill one guy.

2. run around with your raid kill another raid group and laugh about how good you are till two enemy groups show up and roflstomp you

3. Get cluster f****d by friendly's and enemies, and siege and just stand there like " mmkay "

The current system while very fun isn't enough, it's far to impersonal requires no skill and is virtually based on right place right time or you mine as well quit lol.

• Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭
    lol and it's so sad because outside of cyro where is all the wPvP?

Give us dark brotherhood and let us kill fellow players on contracts from other players or just for the hell of it.

More pvp is required, smaller pvp is required. enough of the endless pve that's great for pver's
  • BippNasty
    BippNasty
    ✭✭
    Horus6 wrote: »
    It just gets really boring after a while there is no skill involved in our current PvP system.

2. run around with your raid kill another raid group and laugh about how good you are till two enemy groups show up and roflstomp you

3. Get cluster f****d by friendly's and enemies, and siege and just stand there like " mmkay "

The current system while very fun isn't enough, it's far to impersonal requires no skill and is virtually based on right place right time or you mine as well quit lol.

First of all cyrodill is made for large scale combat. Thats what it has always been advertised as so why would they focus on small scale. Im sure we will see small scale stuff later on. And second i have seen small coordinated groups of like 15 or 20 take out groups of like 40 or 50. Everyone always sais that crydodil is a fight of the biggest group but thats really not true. Its just people dont know how to coordinate properly. Mainly its just a massive random mass of people doing their own thing, no strategies or anything.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give us dark brotherhood and let us kill fellow players on contracts from other players or just for the hell of it.

More pvp is required, smaller pvp is required. enough of the endless pve that's great for pver's

Good luck. The type of gamers they are catering to are not traditional MMOrpg people.
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭
    BippNasty wrote: »

First of all cyrodill is made for large scale combat. Thats what it has always been advertised as so why would they focus on small scale. Im sure we will see small scale stuff later on. And second i have seen small coordinated groups of like 15 or 20 take out groups of like 40 or 50. Everyone always sais that crydodil is a fight of the biggest group but thats really not true. Its just people dont know how to coordinate properly. Mainly its just a massive random mass of people doing their own thing, no strategies or anything.

The only way for me to respond to what you said is to say, Oh really no ***?

I didn't realize that it's always been advertised as large scale I mean you know

it's not like I said that the current system is fun

it's not like I said I enjoyed it

What was the point of your comment beyond increasing your post history lol.

I already know what you've said some of which I've said quite a few times myself.
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭

Good luck. The type of gamers they are catering to are not traditional MMOrpg people.

I realize that which is why I said they can still use systems like the gladiator system which wouldn't be traditional to mmos. In the sense that most mmos don't have a set kill limit they go by timers points etc..

They could make an arena system which required no queues, you just walk up to it and walk inside to fight people, if a certain amount of people are inside already gates shut and prevent you from going in til la set number have died.

They have a lot of wiggle room here to make all of us happy they're just too afraid to try
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    small scale pvp arenas are being worked on, it is comming, patience ;)!!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't get me wrong I love large scale battles like this, but it' s also nice to have small scale battle grounds like most other mmorpgs have.

I'm not saying we should have a " capture the flag battleground " but I am saying we need small scale matches major alliance warfare is fun when you're not lagging, or you're not getting stomped on by 20 people at once.

Why haven't you put in an arena system for 1v1 or small teams for more focused and skilled pvp?

Okay Elder scrolls we've got our gladiator system in through out the single player games, well you can implement that here as a pvp system as well.

Instead of fighting animals, random npcs etc let us queue up for a death match battle ground with 5v5 or 10v10 some thing like when you die you die and you're out of the round till it's over. I know i know the casuals would hate that... So give it a set kill limit which ever team gets the most kills wins and you just keep re-spawning till you there.

Well,maybe because they just didnt want to make it for small scale PvP? Granted,it would be nice for ht ose who like that sort of thing.WoW has it and people are happy w ith it,so I cant see why ESO doesnt do it too.
    In WoW you are able to challenge someone to a duel,anywhere,anytime. Someone can also decline the offer and go about their merry way too.
    Edited by Volkodav on February 29, 2016 10:00PM
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small Scale is all I do. It's harder to find, but it's there.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »

Small scale like in 1v1? That's what the OP mentioned.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because Wrobel seems to be a zergling.
    Edited by Wollust on February 29, 2016 10:05PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city sewers in one of the not pop locked servers tends to be small scale 24/7.

Go into them in the popular servers and you're asking to get zerged on.

People in the other non-pop locked servers seem to always carry more tel var on them too.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small scale will be problematic with some abilities scaled for large scale if they are used.
    Would love to have small scale without all the magic, more stam based skills.
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

Well,maybe because they just didnt want to make it for small scale PvP? Granted,it would be nice for ht ose who like that sort of thing.WoW has it and people are happy w ith it,so I cant see why ESO doesnt do it too.
    In WoW you are able to challenge someone to a duel,anywhere,anytime. Someone can also decline the offer and go about their merry way too.

World of warcraft is but one mmo and 90 percent of the mmorpgs out there right now have small and large scale pvp, large being relative to the game.
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭
    Small scale will be problematic with some abilities scaled for large scale if they are used.
    Would love to have small scale without all the magic, more stam based skills.

I could agree that specific pvp abilities we have now would be an issue, but they could be prohibited in small scale and implementing that would be simple.
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭

Small scale like in 1v1? That's what the OP mentioned.

I also mentioned 5v5 10v10 etc..

I did say I would like to see an arena system that would be for all of these things I personally would like to see a variety of instance based pvp zones that you have to queue for as well as some that you don't.

I said before that I do really enjoy large scale warfare but not being able to have more focused, personal and skill based pvp would be a very nice thing to have and would with out doubt regenerate the pvp community.

• Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭

It's not there on any significant level though and we've not gotten any truly new pvp patches.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

World of warcraft is but one mmo and 90 percent of the mmorpgs out there right now have small and large scale pvp, large being relative to the game.

I only reference WoW because of it's widespread fame.Most people know it more so than many other games.I didnt use it because I thought it was the only one.I know it isnt.I've played many of them throughout the years.
    Anyway,It also has small scale PvP,as I said,and as you said.I never said anything indicating that WoW was the only one that has small scale PvP.
    So what's the issue?
    :}
    Edited by Volkodav on March 1, 2016 12:01AM
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭

I only reference WoW because of it's widespread fame.Most people know it more so than many other games.I didnt use it because I thought it was the only one.I know it isnt.I've played many of them throughout the years.
    Anyway,It also has small scale PvP,as I said,and as you said.I never said anything indicating that WoW was the only one that has small scale PvP.
    So what's the issue?

Yeah I realize that I should've expressed my self better :P

The only reason I said what I said is because a lot of the people playing eso are still new to the world of mmos and some people even with out playing WoW have this impression that it's this horrible game and any one comparing some thing to it must mean that the comparison is also just as bad.

Just wanted to remind new players that it's not the only big mmo out there and more importantly that it's not the only mmorpg with small scale pvp!
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People zerg a lot but there ARE a lot of smaller scale groups to be experienced out there. 1 raid group taking on entire zergs, small 4 man or so ganking groups etc etc.

It's not perfect but it does happen.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So what's the issue?

Yeah I realize that I should've expressed my self better :P

The only reason I said what I said is because a lot of the people playing eso are still new to the world of mmos and some people even with out playing WoW have this impression that it's this horrible game and any one comparing some thing to it must mean that the comparison is also just as bad.

Just wanted to remind new players that it's not the only big mmo out there and more importantly that it's not the only mmorpg with small scale pvp!

Personally,I enjoyed WoW when I was into it.I still play it whenever the NA server is down.That,Morrowind,and a couple of other MMOs.
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer - It didn't fit their vision of the game.

If I remember correctly from Beta, they had envisioned small scale PvP taking place in the Cyrodiil delves. As it turns out, no one bothered with them outside of getting the achievements for quite some time. Even then, encounters in the delves were usually just ganking. It'd be a couple of people killing mobs \ bosses getting ganked by someone who came in behind them, not really much of a fight.

They had also envisioned resources getting taken by smaller groups.

In either case, neither one of those is a "battlegrounds" style PvP. It's not a small group vs a small group minus the element of "gank - you're dead."
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    Short answer - It didn't fit their vision of the game.

If I remember correctly from Beta, they had envisioned small scale PvP taking place in the Cyrodiil delves. As it turns out, no one bothered with them outside of getting the achievements for quite some time. Even then, encounters in the delves were usually just ganking. It'd be a couple of people killing mobs \ bosses getting ganked by someone who came in behind them, not really much of a fight.

They had also envisioned resources getting taken by smaller groups.

In either case, neither one of those is a "battlegrounds" style PvP. It's not a small group vs a small group minus the element of "gank - you're dead."

It has nothing to do with not fitting their vision of the game, even if htey purley followed Tes lore and game play style etc.. they can still have small scale pvp matches that will absolutely fit with the game and their vision.

The issue we have here is the same issue all mmorpgs face the lack of pvp content, Devs have and always will with very few exceptions catered to PvE players.
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    People zerg a lot but there ARE a lot of smaller scale groups to be experienced out there. 1 raid group taking on entire zergs, small 4 man or so ganking groups etc etc.

It's not perfect but it does happen.

It's not what I'm talking about though people don't seem to understand that. I'm talking about seeing small scale battle grounds that are separate from cyro as in instanced off locations.