Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting kicked at the beginning of a pledge?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
I am curious why I get kicked at the beginning of a normal pledge. I am a VR4 DPS. Is it maybe that they look for a VR16 DPS and kick me right away once I enter the instance?
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roll with guildies/friends, I have no idea why people pug, you do not know there, there is no unit cohesiveness IMO.

Maybe you got kicked as the dungeon was V16 and not scaled, or as you said, they wanted a V16 DD.

Plenty of good guilds out there than run dailys and stuff.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    I am curious why I get kicked at the beginning of a normal pledge. I am a VR4 DPS. Is it maybe that they look for a VR16 DPS and kick me right away once I enter the instance?

Most v4's have not figured out how to fight yet. Non vet combat does not teach you what you need to be effective in vet runs. So rather than dealing with the possibility of having to carrying you or have the entire run fail it is simpler to just remove you. Especially if this came about today for vICP pledge where only the talented, strong and well equipped survive. If you are going to group finder you can expect this on most runs except the easier maps like Wayrest or Elden Hollow. In the mean time do what SHADOW2KK recommends and find friends or guilds who are willing to work with you or are in the same situation.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Well, last night we did Imperial Prison which is vet and it went pretty smooth. I just don't get it why some vets kick other players that use the LFG tool too.

What I want to say that I'd be better to talk about the game mechanics and tell the newbros what is to be done rather than just kicking us out without even saying hello.

It's the good ESO and not the antisocial WOW.
    Edited by fetito666 on February 13, 2016 8:21AM
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also forgot to mention that you may have taken the slot intended for that groups friend or guild mate. Many players use this method to bring in players from other factions or scale up the people they run with. This practice is very common and It would not surprise me to learn it has been your case each time.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • izJordy
    izJordy
    ✭✭✭
    not sure my friend, you should be scaled to v16 in the dungeon.
    the only difference between you and a legit v16 is the game experience, champion points and gear, so a legit v16 is obviously gonna be more powerfull then you, maybe the dungeon was pretty difficult and they needed a better player?
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either idiots who can only make it through simple dungeons with a fully gold geared v16 cookie cutter build or possibly some one wanting to team up with a friend in another faction.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably tried to invite someone from another alliance.
    If they only wanted to invite experienced players ( I cant blame them for this) they could just ask in /z, group finder tool is not very reliable for this.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have sometimes tried to hook up with my other allience friends through the group-finder tool. When my group gets a wrong person in I explain and ask them kindly to leave group/ or in case I get pushed into a wrong group, I apologize and leave.
    -but sometimes people simply don't get a hint, or two ...or three etc. because they are afk or can't understand English, or just want to join the group at all costs..... unless they are directly rude, I will not kick them, so we pretend that we give up doing the run, I disband group and reinvite my friends back.. If my friends or guildies have leadership, they just kick the stranger instantly. Their method is more effective tbh. but I can't make myself kick people like that >.<

For pugging purpose, my guildies and friends also kick any low veteran ranked players and non-templar healers.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on February 13, 2016 7:29PM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People do it so that it scales. I.e. A guild or a group of people could already have a handpicked group of 4, but it won't scale unless you use the group finder tool, so the group starts as a 3 player group go into group finder get someone, kick that person and invite the 4th teammate and it should be scaled (least this is how it was explained to me)
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AkulA1996 wrote: »
    People do it so that it scales. I.e. A guild or a group of people could already have a handpicked group of 4, but it won't scale unless you use the group finder tool, so the group starts as a 3 player group go into group finder get someone, kick that person and invite the 4th teammate and it should be scaled (least this is how it was explained to me)

You dont have to kick anyone to do this. I works just fine... You just need to turn on group finder and immediately invite 4th group member.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AkulA1996 wrote: »

You dont have to kick anyone to do this. I works just fine... You just need to turn on group finder and immediately invite 4th group member.

^This works great if the 4th member is the tank. If it's a DPS tho, you are probably going to suck up someone from queue instantly.
  • Vaultamor
    Vaultamor
    fetito666 wrote: »

a group of 3 friends could just be using the Q to bump the scale to v16 an then inviting a 4th friend in so they still get the bump
    CP580 - Breton Magicka Templar DC Healer
    CP580 - Khajiit Magicka Nightblade DC The Deeps
    27 - Dragonknight DC Growing Tank
    CP580 - Argonian Templar AD Healer

Keep Calm and Chive On
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we use the group finder to Battle Level a dungeon for our group, we usually leave the tank as the one to queue. He's the one most likely NOT to be picked up immediately and that gives us time to invite him before the group finder picks one. If for chance it does pick one immediately, we just explain what we were trying to do and they are OK with it.

And I can assure you, if we do need a pug to complete a group, you would not be kicked just because you are a VR4. I've seen plenty of VR1's that can play better than some VR16's :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on February 14, 2016 3:46PM
  • PToadstoolK
    PToadstoolK
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I feel so bad when I have to kick someone, but its easier to just kick them than to explain what we are doing.. battle leveling someone in our group. I wish they'd make it auto battle level anyone in your group to do a dungeon. :open_mouth:
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are on console and not joining the chat then that could be why.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • JasminaChillibeaner
    I'm often guilty of kicking randoms in LFG groups. It's never anything personal, usually I just want a specific friend of another faction in the group.
    That said, plenty of groups want to clear the content at their own level for better loot without realising you can battle-level the group via LFG. In any case I wouldn't take it too personally.
    PC/EU/EP
    Leader of Constellation
    PvE Templar Healer and Achievement Hunter
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a minimun required level option should be implemented to avoid getting frustrated.
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm kicked in games without given reason I keep joining again and again just to mess with'em :P
    But if they actually bother talking to me then no problem.
    Edited by Lolssi on February 29, 2016 9:42AM
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the changes coming so you can invite cross alliance guildies this should happen less often if it is the getting kicked b/c of forming a group scenario. However, some time people are ungenerous and kick b/c you are not v16. For the silver pledges anyway I really don't think it matters much. I ran a silver pledge this w/end with a lvl 26 tank a low level vet dps and my vet 14 son, sorc who does nothing but cast frags - lol. We had no problem. Those gold pledges though . . . they are a different kettle of fish. I would never subject a group to my kid's talents - not yet anyway.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't get kicking a lower vet for the simple fact he's lower ranked. For all we know he could be a pro's pro with max CP.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Lolssi wrote: »
    If I'm kicked in games without given reason I keep joining again and again just to mess with'em :P
    But if they actually bother talking to me then no problem.

I also do that sometimes until they explain why I get kicked. :P
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree someone should have the decency to explain to you why. The few times someone in my guild was forming a group and we kicked someone we felt bad and took the time to explain and you know what they were cool with it, maybe disappointed but cool. Just be considerate.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.