The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get some 1:1 PvP experience

GrimMauKin
GrimMauKin
✭✭✭✭
I'm VR16 but have done virtually all PVE. I spent some time in Cyrodill yesterday finishing off some quests and delves and whilst I usually die very quickly in PvP surprised myself by actually beating someone.

It was back to normal later when I got trounced by someone whilst delving. My next 3 re-spawns put me in the middle of battles where I died in about a second each time in a hail of attacks (about 5-10 people).

And that's my problem really, Cyrodill is big and it often takes a while to find anyone, then I usually die very quickly indeed and start over again. I'm not getting any better because death comes to rapidly (often at the hands of a group); I could really do with some 1:1 practice. Is there anywhere I can get a more gentle introduction to PvP?

Some sort of 1:1 duelling would be nice and if some a training arena could be introduced I'd be happy to pay gold to more experienced PvPs for some training.
I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are dueling guilds in both EU and NA servers. Arena and Colosseum for EU and Legend for NA.
    And if you play late nights (when the zerg sleeps) there is a small change to people gather up and start dueling events spontaneously at least in Azura EU.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    What server do u play on? Ps4 has duels in imperial city arena
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    There are dueling guilds in both EU and NA servers. Arena and Colosseum for EU and Legend for NA.
    And if you play late nights (when the zerg sleeps) there is a small change to people gather up and start dueling events spontaneously at least in Azura EU.

This happened last night, 3 of us saw some EP players (we are AD) ran on the rock face for a scrap and saw a few of them sat down watching 2 sorcs duelling. We joined them and a few duels were happening one after another. This went on for 45mins with both sides stopping other players who were oblivious joining in. This was about 3am in Azura's star EU xbox one. When duelling was done we all went our seperate ways without the need for fighting.

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to IC of Azura (EU), you can find both small scale and duels there. Advice: use ignore list to write a personal invitation, it's useful.

regular client of Azura's City
    Edited by Ashamray on February 14, 2016 6:54PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'm on the EU server but don't have IC just yet (it looks like I might have to invest though).
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • mubzander
    mubzander
    ✭✭
    I'm EU xbox I need some help too.. I totally suck..
  • AtellusCalidus
    AtellusCalidus
    Soul Shriven
    I scout regularly campaigns for any duellers roaming about. Usually find them on lesser populated campaigns which don't draw the attention of zergs as much.

If you're on PS4 (EU) I'd suggest Thornblade or maybe Scourge. If you send me a PM on PSN there's a chance I'll be in any of those 2. I don't have any pro gear but that doesn't matter I'm just interested in having fun and developing my skills. Hopefully, the devs will get the thumb out and start implementing some proper PvP arena soon. Can't believe they haven't done this already tbh...
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    A dueling guild seems like your best option. If you can find one that also does some keep-taking in a semi-regular fashion, that will help a lot too. Oftentimes, just running with a dedicated group in Cyrodiil helps so much, even if you wipe sometimes.

But for pure refinement of 1v1, a dueling guild will serve you well.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw where you said you play on the EU server, but for anyone looking for 1v1 experience on the NA server, hit me up for an Initiate invitation to one of our dueling guilds. My forum name is my @ name.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GrimMauKin - Skill does count in Cyrodiil as does gear......

Sort out your gear before you have more dissapointment in 1v1....

What class are you?
    What gear are you wearing and with which traits?

Cyrodiil has different ruled to PVE and make sure you under stand them and adhere to them.... Impenetrable trait is there for a reason..

Also go and read this guide by a very experienced pvp'er Dean the Cat

Good luck..

look me up ingame @johngo0036 i will gladly do some 1v1 against you and give you tips.. ps i am not so good either..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 (NA) You can normally find good fights in the sewers, hang around the bottom of the ladders at the sewer entrance and you'll get one, seems to be an unwritten code in there not to interfere in 1v1's.
    I've literally been in the middle of an AD zerg 1v1ing a guy and they all ran past or stopped for a min to watch.
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    My character's certainly not built or kitted out for PvP, he's just a general build (hybrid Nightblade) for solo PvE play so would need some serious re-working/re-kitting for serious PvP.

My main problem though is that I'm rather slow and simply not very good (tend to panic and punch keys when attack then re-think later what I should have done).

The issue at the moment is that I expire very quickly without having any time to really practice the skills that might help me improve. A duelling guild and some 1:1 might help; thanks for all the idea!
  • Leach8888
    Leach8888
    Where are these sewers at? Never seen them in cyro.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leach8888 wrote: »
    Where are these sewers at? Never seen them in cyro.

The sewers are the imperial city dlc. Becomes available after purchase or during subscription. The location for access, are actually 3 spots all surrounding the imperial city in the middle of Cyrodiil.

Without purchase or subscription it is inaccessible, and is the middle island you can't get to.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GrimMauKin I also had the same issue, and still do sometimes without being familiar with a new set up.

The only way to get over it is,

1. Get use to dying or at least don't worry about it, keeping calm is crucial, and death in eso is very forgiving, I actually enjoy the beautiful landscape as I horse ride back.

And

2. Become very familiar with your lay out, muscle memory is key. Before doing any PvP practice on mobs or other NPCs, get warmed up so to speak.

There will be players you cannot beat, at least for now, and that's fine, you'll get better and you'll get more CPs in time.

The best place, outside of the later night dueling, it's located somewhere high northern Cyrodiil (been there a few times, never actively sought it out tho) and Cropsford repeatable quests, just watch out for gank squads... they like to hunt there too.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found temple district in ic can be good for dueling. I killed a dc one time and went back to his base waiting for him to come. We just kept dueling for ages. Was so much fun using the surroundings to block light of sight and trying to burst him down.

Another time 3 ad kept killing me. After a while 1 ad decided to walk off and I managed to take out the 2 left and then kill the 3rd. But I guess most of the time o am grinding monster teeth there waiting for some player to start a fight.
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the tips. I recently bought IC and am getting absolutely creamed there too now :blush: