Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Special Sets Crafting Stations

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi Guys,

I am unable to craft any special set, what is the requirement to craft specially set I.e. willow?

My character is level 50 in wood black smithig and clothing skills. I am always getting special sets from monster drops.

Thank You,
Edited by Lord_Eomer on February 28, 2016 10:50AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its dependent on how many traits you have researched on an item. Each crafting set has a specific number of traits you need to get it craft it, doesn't matter which of the traits it is. Then to craft the specific set you need to go to the location where it can be made.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you mean traits like CriricL Rating? Phiscial/ spell resticance, weapon enchanmenebt etc?

And for which item? I have already researched most of them via ordinary station.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on February 28, 2016 10:49AM
  • Lumi
    Lumi
    ✭✭✭
    Have you researched traits? All craftable sets require you to have certain amount of traits learned for the item you are trying to craft. For example Willow's Path requires you to know 6 traits for every item you want to craft (light pants, resto staff ect.).

Edit: You also need to be in special crafting station for that set. Willow's Path crafting locations can be found in Reaper's March: Greenspeaker's Grove, Bangkorai: Viridian Hideaway & The Rift: Smokefrost Vigil.
    Edited by Lumi on February 28, 2016 10:53AM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it can be any trait correct in I.e. weapon attack speed, critical Rating etc? And can be research from any station?
  • yakuruto
    yakuruto
    ✭✭✭
    You may already know most of this, but just to be sure I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

To craft a special set you need:

1. The materials to craft the item.
    2. A style stone of your choice (provided you know that certain style)
    3. A trait stone if you want your item to have one (this is optional, but you must already know that trait for that item)
    4. You must have already researched the required number of traits for the item you want to craft.

So lets say you want to make a hat, a robe and breeches of Willow's Path. You need to have 6 traits researched for each and everyone of those items. That is, 6 traits for the hat, 6 for the robe and 6 for the breeches. These traits can be researched at any station.

Weapons work the same way, having 6 traits in Inferno Staff won't let you craft a Lightning Staff, nor 6 traits in sword will let you craft a Greatsword. Basically, if you wanna be able to craft every special set, research all (9) traits for every item.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    yes when a set requires say 5 traits that means you must have any 5 traits researched on any individual piece of armor or weapon that you want to make in that set. You can research these traits at any crafting station not just the set crafting stations. These traits progressively take longer to learn based on how many traits you have already learned on each armor or weapon type, starting at 6 hours with each additional trait doubling the research time. Each crafting skill line has a passive that reduces the time required to research and allows for up to 3 researches to be performed simultaneously. without the passive you can only research 1 at a time. Because of all the time required to fully research all these traits, it is a good idea to invest these skill points if you want to be a serious crafter. You can always respect out of them after you get all traits researched.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis