Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What the **** - Templars have been living with this?

• Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been living with the pain for a long time, OP. I built a playstyle around the skill. It is what I depend on for mobility as a Magicka Templar, always scanning for surrounding enemies I can charge to in order to present a trickier target to others. Plus I like Sweeps, and so setting it up with a closer is often important.

I have been so focused on that character that when I recently made a Crit Rush-based Stam Temp and sort of approximated the playstyle, I was surprised how much more fun it was. A responsive gap closer that doesn't make me nervous to use??? Wow! And I can get Major Expedition from a DW skill. Even better.

I am now having more fun with my alt than my main. I wanted to play Magicka melee, and I cannot do so effectively merely because one skill does not and apparently cannot work. Magicka Temps are my favorite class EXCEPT for that one thing, and it's silly that I don't have fun on my favorite build because of one bugged skill.

• NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    raasdal wrote: »
    I have always "mained" a Sorc, so i have had my share of rages over how buggy the Overload ultimate is. But i had really no idea how templars have it. Their one and only key gapcloser, is the most bugged ability i have ever seen.

Sorc bug: overload glitches and you get to keep your magelight buff.
    Templar bug: gap closer glitches and you get to stand there and take it like a man, while being unable to use any skill.

But don't fret.. there's a workaround.. waste a potion to debug yourself... though that tidbit of info probably caused ZOS to move it way down the prio list, as there's a "fix"... hence.. not important enough.

lol...when overload glitches, you can't use skills and use it at all until you Zone. Can be a terrible bug if u run into it at the end of a dungeon, or in pvp. your hands will fly up, but you will do effectivly NOTHING. and ur locked into it. like u can't get out lol
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Docmandu wrote: »
    I have always "mained" a Sorc, so i have had my share of rages over how buggy the Overload ultimate is. But i had really no idea how templars have it. Their one and only key gapcloser, is the most bugged ability i have ever seen.

Sorc bug: overload glitches and you get to keep your magelight buff.
    Templar bug: gap closer glitches and you get to stand there and take it like a man, while being unable to use any skill.

But don't fret.. there's a workaround.. waste a potion to debug yourself... though that tidbit of info probably caused ZOS to move it way down the prio list, as there's a "fix"... hence.. not important enough.

lol...when overload glitches, you can't use skills and use it at all until you Zone. Can be a terrible bug if u run into it at the end of a dungeon, or in pvp. your hands will fly up, but you will do effectivly NOTHING. and ur locked into it. like u can't get out lol

Both glitches are inexcusable due to the importance of those skills for their respective classes. In my mind, I cannot see how any designer would be able to, in good faith, move on and work on ANY skill/combat changes until the skills already IN the game work as advertised. Otherwise, they are working off of data that is flawed and not indicative of what the skill balance would be if the game were working as intended. You cannot wisely iterate on broken code. Bugged skills should absolutely be priority number one, not just for the players, but for the developers who are charged with figuring out how the balance should work going forward.

Bugged skills mean:

1) Repetitive player feedback focused on still-broken skills.

2) Dilution of healthy feedback focused on how skills that are working properly are faring in play.

3) Players are angry and more likely to write off potentially good design decisions because they view the problems with their class as some kind of all-inclusive disregard from ZOS.

If broken (and I mean BROKEN) skills were given priority, then the devs responsible for coding this stuff would have a better base to work off of and players would have less reason to complain via wild tantrums that are lent legitimacy by virtue of the broken skills that serve as a vehicle for said complaints.

• THBronx
    THBronx
    ✭✭✭
    If you guys don't use TC, what's the skill to use as glap closer then? Tips?
    Hadamanthys
    Templar of Ebonheart Pact.
    NA Server.
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    You can go with 2h stampede or invasion from 1h and shield.
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you guys don't use TC, what's the skill to use as glap closer then? Tips?

Like @jbcrocks said, Invasion and Stampede. Invasion is a better option by far imo since it is a very close mirror and S&S can be very useful for a magicka build. The stun is great.

I am an idiot and keep believing that TC is going to start working so I keep using it. I want a gap closer that A) Doesn't drain the little Stam I have and B ) Hits fairly hard. TC does those when it works.

But if you are looking for an alternate closer for sparse use, Invasion is the most efficient and effective choice right now.
    Edited by Speely on February 28, 2016 5:28AM
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    Speely wrote: »
    I am an idiot and keep believing that TC is going to start working so I keep using it. I want a gap closer that A) Doesn't drain the little Stam I have and B ) Hits fairly hard. TC does those when it works.

Likewise. Stampede and invasion are ok. I use shielded assault over invasion. Most people can see that coming and break the stun before it runs the full duration. So would rather have a little damage shield.

By using stampede, you get a snare plus battle rush (30% increase stamina regen if you kill someone). Kinda relieves the cost over having to bar a high costing stamina ability on a magicka build.

Zenimax needs to fix this ability. We need TC to stop bugging or just feeling slow. 
    My solution to Champion Point System here
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to the sewers, Stand on a grate and then try topling charge.... its a laugh.... noise happens, magicka goes and you remain in one place.. funniest most infuriating thing ever...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• solynar
    solynar
    ZOSE fixed it. You need to drink a potion when you can't do anything.
    As far as pathing, have you tried soaking your controller / keyboard in milk?
    PS4 NA
    V16 Stamina NB AD
    V16 Healbot Templar AD
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allright, so i have been levelling a new baby-templar (magicka). And oh boy, i got a surprise with the Toppling Charge.

1. It will occasionally lock you out of ALL abilities. Sometimes for 1 minute, sometimes for 30 seconds.
    2. It has insane bad pathfinding. Compared to other gapclosers like Crit Rush, you have SO many times where it will not fire off. I will not compare to Ambush which is too easy to connect with. But in my opinion they should all be like that.
    3. Even WHEN you should DEFINITELY have path to the enemy, you can get a bug where it won't fire. You can stand right in front of enemy, and you will only fire the first microsecond of the animation, and then it will cancel, as if you lost LOS.

This has, single handedly, caused me to stop playing this class any further. As a magicka class, looking to use Sweeps, it is crucial to have a gapcloser. And i am not going to play something, which is bugging out THAT much. The rage when i died because of it, would simply be too much.

So - all of my sympathy goes out to you Templars, who have been living with this so long. You are real troopers.

it is brutal. TG seems way better, had it only happen once on a pretty bad slope. fingers crossed the completely redid the move with the tracking of one of the other charges.

so log back on when it TG hits and check it out. templars everywhere are crying about bol, but all builds that arnt pure heals are actually hugely buffed this patch (here is an idea go past the patch notes all the way to the pts... :) not just becuase of temp changes but mechanics changes and cp changes altogether
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    go to the sewers, Stand on a grate and then try topling charge.... its a laugh.... noise happens, magicka goes and you remain in one place.. funniest most infuriating thing ever...

Not true. Sometimes you fall under the grates unable to escape, and stuck in combat since the mobs can't actually reach you and you can't reach them.

:)
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason, taking a potion fixes the bug for me. I never have an issue anymore,as long as I have potions on me.
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes in Cyrodiil I get so excited when TC actually works that I charge repeatedly from one enemy player to another as long as possible. I usually end up deep in the enemy zerg spamming Healing Ward and BoL and die 30 seconds later, but it's worth the exhilaration of the skill repeatedly working back-to-back on those rare occasions. It's like that Seinfeld episode where Kramer is driving the car with the gas gauge on empty and they keep passing exits for the thrill of seeing how far they can go without running out of gas.
    Deacon Grim
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    For some reason, taking a potion fixes the bug for me. I never have an issue anymore,as long as I have potions on me.

However, that is not a fix, that is a workaround for a code bug. Not much software companies can get a way with a blunder like this, apart from Microsoft and possibly Apple... ;)

Btw, the Overload bug sounds horribel! I chime in to voice that it needs as immediate attention as the Templar bugs of which TC is one of the more prominent ones.
    Edited by Idinuse on March 2, 2016 5:33PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    Best bet is to abandon TC for Critical Rush or Shield Charge, both are fairly solid in PVP.

Zenimax is a joke, their reputation in the gaming community is pretty horrible so its a mystery to me when people are so surprised by their continued flagrant incompetence. Not to mention they just had a whole slew of layoffs recently so any hopes of addressing some of these very old nagging issues well, good luck with that. I know personally alot of people have just plain left the game which may or may not have something to do with the above. In a market so expansive and competitive a company cannot afford to be complacent but hey the fact they pulled off a half decent game after an initial disastrous release is still mildly impressive. If I never need someone to polish a turd I definitely know who to call.

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshelmen wrote: »

or you are stuck with a potion timer...
    Edited by Tankqull on March 2, 2016 10:08PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"