Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to access all gear on the PTS?

neo7185
neo7185
✭✭✭
Hello everyone, forgive the "noobness" of this question. I'm a console player who purchased ESO on pc so myself and friends could mess around on the PTS. Mostly looking to view new gear, theory craft, etc. Eventually hoping to play some as well to submit feedback.

Anyways, my question concerns gear/materials. I know several sets are available, but what about crafted/input sets such as Torug's Pact or Shadowalker. Is there a way to access this gear or the materials necessary to craft them? Also, it seems most sets don't have every piece available. For example is there a way to have a helm/shoulder of the sets that are on there? Thank you for any information on the subject.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Materials you can get from TVS if you want it in VR15 or 16.

However, unless you have the traits, motif, etc then no you can't and it's a glaring hole in the testing system as it currently stands that has yet to be properly addressed. We complained about it on the IC PTS, we complained about it during the Orsinium PTS and now we're complaining about it again on the TG PTS.

We just have to hope for better with the DB PTS, ZOS have said they are working on it and the template group will try to do better next time, so cross your fingers! :smiley:.
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems pretty simple. Load us with TV and unlock all our traits. Can't be that hard to do. Especially unlocking all traits on PTS, it's silly not to. TV are at least grindable in the PTS time frame. Traits are not.

DPS dummies would be nice also. Another common request every PTS. That also doesn't seem to complicated, but certainly more work than unlocking our traits.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on February 26, 2016 7:10PM
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems pretty simple. Load us with TV and unlock all our traits. Can't be that hard to do. Especially unlocking all traits on PTS, it's silly not to. TV are at least grindable in the PTS time frame. Traits are not.

DPS dummies would be nice also. Another common request every PTS. That also doesn't seem to complicated, but certainly more work than unlocking our traits.

Yep, and I've made all these suggestions elsewhere multiple times as have others. Apparently there is a technical reason for not having max traits on premades (Maybe? Who knows?) but beyond that you still have the rest of the gear. All IC gear, all Trial gear, all Dungeon gear, there's just tons of it which just needs to be put in boxes that premades are given. Same with giving us all motifs and such.

I agree, it can't be that hard, but it is time consuming and that seems to be the issue.
  • neo7185
    neo7185
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Materials you can get from TVS if you want it in VR15 or 16.

However, unless you have the traits, motif, etc then no you can't and it's a glaring hole in the testing system as it currently stands that has yet to be properly addressed. We complained about it on the IC PTS, we complained about it during the Orsinium PTS and now we're complaining about it again on the TG PTS.

We just have to hope for better with the DB PTS, ZOS have said they are working on it and the template group will try to do better next time, so cross your fingers! :smiley:.

Well that is the answer I was unfortunately expecting, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple. I appreciate the answer. If I were to get the materials what is the likelihood of finding someone to make the gear? On that same token, what about tempering materials?

I too hope this is addressed. It's pretty hard to test a system with 1/2 the tools.
  • iRageGGB
    iRageGGB
    ✭✭✭
    I believe their main concern is the new stuff that is added to be tested, like the new sets and what not. They don't want people going onto the PTS (I think) and using it for a testing grounds for builds, that's not the purpose of the PTS. Granted it would be nice before 100% committing to a build or gear but still.

It's not really a problem it's just that they probably didn't think people would want to use the PTS as a testing grounds for not new stuff. I know it's been requested a lot by the players to be able to play like that but it's not the main intent of the PTS.

It'd be nice just give us all the traits, a bunch of Tel Var, and a bunch of trait mats, crafting materials and tempers and stuff to test gold gear or where we can see proper numbers of things, but it's a privilege not a right.

I'd like it to where you get your horse 100% upgraded and have maxed inventory/bank slots as well.
    The Ugly Orcling - EP Orc Stam Sorc
    Thorlarex Sah'Kriid - EP Sorcerer
    Râgê - EP Dragonknight
    Serriah Sah'Kriid - DC Nightblade
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iRageGGB wrote: »
    I believe their main concern is the new stuff that is added to be tested, like the new sets and what not. They don't want people going onto the PTS (I think) and using it for a testing grounds for builds, that's not the purpose of the PTS. Granted it would be nice before 100% committing to a build or gear but still.

It's not really a problem it's just that they probably didn't think people would want to use the PTS as a testing grounds for not new stuff. I know it's been requested a lot by the players to be able to play like that but it's not the main intent of the PTS.

It'd be nice just give us all the traits, a bunch of Tel Var, and a bunch of trait mats, crafting materials and tempers and stuff to test gold gear or where we can see proper numbers of things, but it's a privilege not a right.

I'd like it to where you get your horse 100% upgraded and have maxed inventory/bank slots as well.

When it comes to the horse/bank/inventory @iRageGGB you can do that via the Crown Store, they give you 5,500 Crowns and everything costs 1 Crown, so just buy all the Crown upgrades and boom it's all maxed! :smiley:.

The problem is the sets they gave us we actually can't test because they haven't given us the pieces required for us to test them, no-one would run the sets as they have been given so in making us test how ZOS want they've actually made it so we won't test them at all.

If I had every single piece of every single new set, I'd have tried them all in every possible combo by now and given feedback but since we don't I haven't.
  • iRageGGB
    iRageGGB
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    When it comes to the horse/bank/inventory @iRageGGB you can do that via the Crown Store, they give you 5,500 Crowns and everything costs 1 Crown, so just buy all the Crown upgrades and boom it's all maxed! :smiley:.

The problem is the sets they gave us we actually can't test because they haven't given us the pieces required for us to test them, no-one would run the sets as they have been given so in making us test how ZOS want they've actually made it so we won't test them at all.

If I had every single piece of every single new set, I'd have tried them all in every possible combo by now and given feedback but since we don't I haven't.
    @Paulington

Oh I know you can do that, it's just kind of annoying when im playing and testing 8 different toons for magicka and stamina and I have to do it 8+ times.

Yeah I see what you're saying, I would have liked to test julianos/torug/willpower/kena for a set for PvP but I couldn't because no traits/no set given for torug. Or you master weapons or whatever.

Edited by iRageGGB on February 28, 2016 2:24AM
    The Ugly Orcling - EP Orc Stam Sorc
    Thorlarex Sah'Kriid - EP Sorcerer
    Râgê - EP Dragonknight
    Serriah Sah'Kriid - DC Nightblade