The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Double Storm Atronach

Bone_Demon
Bone_Demon
✭✭✭
So i recently started playing a sorc, picked the storm atronach ulti and discovered if i spam mash my ultimate hotkey i will summon 2 atronachs. This is a bug right? It's not supposed to happen or is it?
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    i have seen players use double nova, double dragon flag, double negate, any ulti that is target on ground based can be doubled
  • Bone_Demon
    Bone_Demon
    ✭✭✭
    i have seen players use double nova, double dragon flag, double negate, any ulti that is target on ground based can be doubled

Well i cant say for others because i havent used the abovementioned ultis. But for atro i can confirm. So the question at hand is : Is this intended? Is a fix coming if its not intended?

• DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to work on all ultimates that you need to place using an aiming circle. Like templars nova.
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    DDemon wrote: »
    Seems to work on all ultimates that you need to place using an aiming circle. Like templars nova.

as i said above the ultimates i said work with this bug
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    and i had a fight with a sorc other day 1v1 and he summoned 4 atros, its a bug but i dont think zenimax @Wrobel know about this bug yet
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDemon wrote: »

as i said above the ultimates i said work with this bug

Sorry, I took awhile replying and you post did not appear as I posted, resulting in me giving a similar answer. :smiley:

As for this bug, I believe it was mentioned on PTS several times, but there has (as far as I know) not yet been a reply from ZOS.
    Edited by DDemon on February 26, 2016 5:21PM
  • Adamon2
    Adamon2
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that a double Atronach happens. In Cyrodiil when there's a big fight I can sometimes cast a double. I couldn't reproduce it when in PVE areas. Must be lag related.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know whats funny? Even with two the ult is still garbage.
  • Bone_Demon
    Bone_Demon
    ✭✭✭
    Adamon2 wrote: »
    I can confirm that a double Atronach happens. In Cyrodiil when there's a big fight I can sometimes cast a double. I couldn't reproduce it when in PVE areas. Must be lag related.

I've only been to PvE areas with my sorc yet.
    Xeven wrote: »

This is not a nerf sorcs thread.. no need to get overprotective
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even need to be ground targeted. Templars have been able to double up on Remembrance for well over a year now.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    i would say it's about on par with metor when two are dropped. However if the person targeted is silly enough to stay in the target range of the Astros, they are gonna find themselves getting 6k damage ticks from the Astros and dead very soon. That might be with deadric prey curse active though, otherwise would be less

• VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    The double atronach is not a lag related issue you just need to spam ultimate button as more times as possible when your ultimate is full and two atro's will drop,you can do it in PvE and aswell PvP,also keep abusing it till Zos acknowledges the issues and maybe it will get fixed along with double nova and other abusable ultimates.

One thing is sure is that I'm going to abuse it a lot.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing like getting hit with 3 dawnbreakers, it was kinda nice to see a good size zerg of proxy det vamps go down though.