Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

(Solved) Immediate ESO crash report with Patch 2.3.3 both 32-bit and 64-bit client

Idinuse
Idinuse
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm getting immediate crashes with following ESO crash report upon launching both the 64-bit client and the 32-bit client.

I looked around to see if others have reported, but it seems I'm fairly solitaire in this.

I have two sets of ESO and PTS installed, one on my C drive and one on my G drive, the G drive being almost twice as fast in effective throughput, hence I normally run the game from the G drive. I get the same crash&report when starting the clients from both drives.

Apart from odd static noise and poor FPS in the TG content every now and then the 64-bit client has worked flawlessly on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Since I get the same crashes with the 32-bit client, I didn't quite know where to put my issue so I put it here.
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Cloroplatinico
    I also have this issue on PTS PC client. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Cloroplatinico on February 24, 2016 1:43PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an AMD 4850 GPU, might that be the culprit? If I'm not mistaken it's only DX10.1?
    Edited by Idinuse on February 24, 2016 2:15PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Cloroplatinico
    Idinuse wrote: »
    I have an AMD 4850 GPU, might that be the culprit? If I'm not mistaken it's only DX10.1?

No I was able to play PTS before their last patch, so I think it's not that.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    What sort of crash/error messaging are you seeing? Could you copy/paste or attach a screenshot in here?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't the only one. I submit the crash report every time as well.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same thing. ESO live works fine. PTS has worked fine on all other updates (Champ System, Imperial City, Orsinium, etc.). But Thieves Guild PTS crashes instantly, both 32-bit and 64-bit. I do not even get to login screen. I have tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of PTS.

Running dual GTX 560 Ti and DirectX 11.

Screenshot of what I get the second I click on eso.exe or eso64.exe:

lkb5PKh.png
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the crash report that Dagoth_Rac supplied is what I get with eso.exe (32-bit) and eso64.exe (64-bit) clients.

Both worked perfectly prior to patch 2.3.3.

Update
    So I decided to try the Intel built in GPU just to see if I could get it going with a DX11 device, even if it would be slow. However, in Win7 64-bit I had a code 12 resource conflict which prevented the GPU from initiating any hd acceleration or DX support. At this point the live eso.exe had the exact same crash report upon start as the PTS files.

When booted to Win10 with proper Intel GPU drivers, live started as usual and the PTS eso64.exe returned the same error code upon launch as reported in the 64-bit feedback thread, no ESO crash report.

This suggests to me that it is the DX11 compatibility on hardware level that has been introduced with 2.3.3 and my AMD4850 only supports 10.1 despite that i.e DxDiag reports that the system uses DX11.

I hope I'm wrong, but will be checking prices for a decent DX12 card with 4GB memory that at least delivers 60fps in 1080p. (Suggestions welcome).
    Edited by Idinuse on February 26, 2016 7:01PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    This suggests to me that it is the DX11 compatibility on hardware level that has been introduced with 2.3.3 and my AMD4850 only supports 10.1 dispite that i.e DxDiag reports that the system uses DX11.

My GTX 560 Ti cards are definitely DX11 at the hardware level, but both eso.exe and eso64.exe still crash immediately.
  • j.j.hillsaveryb16_ESO
    I have had the same on my i5 core Mac 64 bit ever since patch 2.3.3 I crash as soon as I enter the Fulcrom manor and start to fight the wolf. Before the patch I played with no crashes.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be aware if anyone has Fraps running (not recording but in your systray) this will autocrash clients on launch for some people.

You can close Fraps, launch the game, then re-open fraps and it will work fine.

Not sure if any of the issues here are related to that but I had(have) the same error spewed at me for this reason with live servers right now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, guys! We're going to look into this and see what's going on.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I went out and bought a GT720 2GB DX11 card, I consider it an interim upgrade for the time being.

The PTS eso64.exe client now starts as before on my Win7 64-bit boot, as does the PTS 32-bit eso.exe client.

Upadate*

The framerate of the GT720 (a multimedia card) is however subpar on game FPS, my AMD HD4850 easily gives 60FPS in 720P where the GT720 delivers ~30 so I'm returning it for a proper gaming card.
    Edited by Idinuse on February 27, 2016 3:55PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Update 2*
    (Solved)

Just to follow up. I changed the mediocre multi media GT720 to yet another interim upgrade, the GTX750.

This has solved the immediate ESO crash report upon launching both the 32-bit and the 64-bit PTS clients under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I use the Nvidia 353.62 drivers and have solid 60FPS in 1080P all High settings, (haven't tried anything higher) with IMO very satisfying graphics quality. For one that comes from using 720P on Medium settings in Cyrodiil and High settings in PvE/Questing, I'm blown away by the detail. In any case, the Nvidia drivers are as clean and fresh installed as can be since I came from an AMD GPU prior to this.

Still there is static noise in TG content for a good amount of time when just started. It cleared up after a while though. Might be the set I'm wearing, with it's (quite annoying) sound effect.

Edit Sound glitches cleard up with patch 2.3.4.

@Dagoth_Rac I hope you find a solution, and that today's patch may solve your problem. Maybe a reinstall of the Nvidia drivers or DX11, if possible, or deleting the ShaderCache.cooked and renaming UserSettings.txt to UserSettings.bak might solve it, in any case good luck!
    Edited by Idinuse on March 1, 2016 3:37PM