Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wrecking Blow and its wonders

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    I can tell you this about wb I've only been pvping for two months and it's simply the easiest thing to counter I look forward to wb spammers it's literally easy AP for me and on top of that the people doing it die so easy and I play a mana templar

If your on console ps4 eu, ill show you how there not 'easy ap' if they know what there doing. Wb needs toning down, if at least needs fixing first though.

fix it first. i´m not sure if it would then need any further nerfs.

Yeah see how it is without the dodgy range and cc first.

If it still seems really strong just remove the cc, a high dmg skill that empowers itself shouldn't have a good hard cc to it anyway. Give it something else, like minor fracture or a small bleed or something as a compensation

This way it won't affect the PvE's who use it.

the first nerf to be applied if everneeded - is to add the common snare on every casted/channeled attack but WB ...

Frags knocks down the enemy. Then Frags would need to be given a snare as well =P.

i might have been a bit missunderstandable there. what i ment was:
    casting frags snares the caster, casting flares snares the caster, casting jabs snares the caster, casting WB doesent...
    Edited by Tankqull on February 25, 2016 10:19AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    So, this is a
    • single target only ability
    • that costs stamina
    • have a "cast time"
    • High damage but low DPS
    • Stuns - if the target is stunable
    • and can be completely avoided by simply moving

I give up. Except a stun, and maybe a last big hit, why is this ability even interesting?

I don't even use it for anything other than not to get bored about the real power in 2H.

The ability that
    • hits EVERY target in range. (Are 60 targets even max?)
    • Costs less stamina then you get back - endless spam attack
    • Instant attack - can even be fired "mid air"
    • Huge DPS
    • Can not be avoided by moving when you see the attack
    • Works on all types of targets
    • One of the best "Zerg" killers for solo pvpers in the game

Sure, I like this a lot, but "one win button" gets boring fast and only puts me behind when it gets tweaked.

Is it one high damage hit and stun, with a big number that is so appealing?

Help me to understand this. Why isn't 20 dead targets way more interesting, than maybe one?

the problem is the only move to avoide it is to break los by getting through the WBer, roll dodging while still in range of the WBer WB still connects [if the 0.2sec dmg immunity by rolldodging doesent covers the actual execution of the WB] as unlike other casted abilities WB has a n instant execution while e.g. frags has flight time (alot of time to innitiate a roll dodge denying the frag) WBs application is instant - with crappy latency we face in cyro hitting the correct time window is pure luck or awesome skill...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard they will just add a tooltip that you can hit it from 20ft away. Plus EDIT:

You also forgot to mention that the actual WB hit you like 0.5sec after Dodgeroll. Now, if I recall correctly, you can dodge roll casted/channeled abilities atm. Never the less, it means that the guy clicked WB, you dodge rolled it and still got hit.

#legit
    #zos_pvpbalance_analysts_needbigger_payslips
    Edited by Mr_Nobody on February 25, 2016 1:53PM
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    So, this is a
    • single target only ability
    • that costs stamina
    • have a "cast time"
    • High damage but low DPS
    • Stuns - if the target is stunable
    • and can be completely avoided by simply moving

I give up. Except a stun, and maybe a last big hit, why is this ability even interesting?

I don't even use it for anything other than not to get bored about the real power in 2H.

The ability that
    • hits EVERY target in range. (Are 60 targets even max?)
    • Costs less stamina then you get back - endless spam attack
    • Instant attack - can even be fired "mid air"
    • Huge DPS
    • Can not be avoided by moving when you see the attack
    • Works on all types of targets
    • One of the best "Zerg" killers for solo pvpers in the game

Sure, I like this a lot, but "one win button" gets boring fast and only puts me behind when it gets tweaked.

Is it one high damage hit and stun, with a big number that is so appealing?

Help me to understand this. Why isn't 20 dead targets way more interesting, than maybe one?

the problem is the only move to avoide it is to break los by getting through the WBer, roll dodging while still in range of the WBer WB still connects [if the 0.2sec dmg immunity by rolldodging doesent covers the actual execution of the WB] as unlike other casted abilities WB has a n instant execution while e.g. frags has flight time (alot of time to innitiate a roll dodge denying the frag) WBs application is instant - with crappy latency we face in cyro hitting the correct time window is pure luck or awesome skill...

I have not found it to be instant. I can selectively block when I see the start of the animation. With latency and the like, has to be at least a few tenths of a second. If by instant you mean no travel time after the cast, I think it's a fair trade off for having to be in melee range.

Now the fact that the wb animation can be obscured by heavy attack is a problem, but it is common to all animation cancelling and ZoS is at least trying to find a solution. I really don't like how little skill or knowledge is required in this game due to animation cancelling. I don't see a good solution except to somehow signal what is being used through the api. Maybe a charge up meter using overlapping bars like ZoS used to demonstrate the changes they were going to make.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can tell you this about wb I've only been pvping for two months and it's simply the easiest thing to counter I look forward to wb spammers it's literally easy AP for me and on top of that the people doing it die so easy and I play a mana templar

If your on console ps4 eu, ill show you how there not 'easy ap' if they know what there doing. Wb needs toning down, if at least needs fixing first though.

If it still seems really strong just remove the cc, a high dmg skill that empowers itself shouldn't have a good hard cc to it anyway. Give it something else, like minor fracture or a small bleed or something as a compensation

the first nerf to be applied if everneeded - is to add the common snare on every casted/channeled attack but WB ...

Frags knocks down the enemy. Then Frags would need to be given a snare as well =P.

casting frags snares the caster, casting flares snares the caster, casting jabs snares the caster, casting WB doesent...

Yes it does. You slow down tremendously while casting wrecking blow, dunno what you are on about....
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it does. You slow down tremendously while casting wrecking blow, dunno what you are on about....

No you don't...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No you don't...

Hm, that just shows how long it has been since I used that ability....yeah, that would be nice.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you don't...

Hm, that just shows how long it has been since I used that ability....yeah, that would be nice.

Then again everytime i do use that skill i'm either snared or have some sort of mobility on, so maybe i don't notice it.

Though i rarely play my dk because it's boring 3 hitting someone... I don't remember ever slowing down.
    PS4 EU DC

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it a L2P issue if it's server side lag? Explain.

Random people throwing l2p out there when they have no idea.

Quite simple really, if you are familiar with the abilities you'd know their ranges ect. thus L2P issue...

The server lag part was to inform OP of what the actual cause for the confusion was.

Random people throwing around " they have no idea" The pot calling the kettle black?

OP sadly I am on EU, but I have no doubt in your abilities, what I do doubt however is your knowledge of all the weapon and other classes skills.

Have you played every weapon, morph, class yet? If yes, then my apologies. If no my point exactly you cannot assume and say it's a fact. That is called opinion not factual.

As for your clip that is def server lag & here is why:
    Facts about your death
      On the last few seconds of your death you were flying in the air (clearly a result of Wrecking Blow as you yourself stated 0:20s) At the same time we see both V Curse & Det nuking you followed by execute as you were running after getting up ( I assume at this point you were already dead and just lag catching up with the damage being dealt).

I do however realise your frustration OP, I mean you uploaded a video to YT so I do get that and I hope your weekend is filled with many kills.

I do urge you however to use the skills before calling for nerfs. Both in PvE and PvP.

I am a man of reason and I have the solution to your problems though:
    IF dodge roll didn't cost stamina ( I assume it's your NB's primary resource) you could have rolled to safety ages before.
    So let's rather add constructive suggestions to ZoS instead of calling for more nerfs - if they added a small resource pool for the dodge roll / block that would balance things out a bit wouldn't you agree?

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    How is it a L2P issue if it's server side lag? Explain.

Random people throwing l2p out there when they have no idea.

Quite simple really, if you are familiar with the abilities you'd know their ranges ect. thus L2P issue...

The server lag part was to inform OP of what the actual cause for the confusion was.

Random people throwing around " they have no idea" The pot calling the kettle black?

OP sadly I am on EU, but I have no doubt in your abilities, what I do doubt however is your knowledge of all the weapon and other classes skills.

Have you played every weapon, morph, class yet? If yes, then my apologies. If no my point exactly you cannot assume and say it's a fact. That is called opinion not factual.

As for your clip that is def server lag & here is why:
    Facts about your death
      On the last few seconds of your death you were flying in the air (clearly a result of Wrecking Blow as you yourself stated 0:20s) At the same time we see both V Curse & Det nuking you followed by execute as you were running after getting up ( I assume at this point you were already dead and just lag catching up with the damage being dealt).

I do however realise your frustration OP, I mean you uploaded a video to YT so I do get that and I hope your weekend is filled with many kills.

I do urge you however to use the skills before calling for nerfs. Both in PvE and PvP.

I am a man of reason and I have the solution to your problems though:
    IF dodge roll didn't cost stamina ( I assume it's your NB's primary resource) you could have rolled to safety ages before.
    So let's rather add constructive suggestions to ZoS instead of calling for more nerfs - if they added a small resource pool for the dodge roll / block that would balance things out a bit wouldn't you agree?

Or they could just fix their servers / datacenters so we dont have this mess we have right now. I know. Rocket science.
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    wb doesnt need a nerf. it needs a fix.
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    It's called wrecking blow for a reason get WRECKED! Jk lol fix the game, make wb bashible plz!!
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WB needs to have its range toned down by 2 meters, that is it. I understand how it is annoying to get WBd to death, but as a pure archer build, even I can get away from it, it isn't THAT difficult. Speed pots and immovable pots are your friend.

Agreed. It gives too much wiggle room for distance and is suppose to be a melee type of skill. If it was 4-5 meter range to use it, there is more risk to the caster-- but it gives ME equal chances to see the tells and punish him accordingly. If I get hit, that is entirely my fault. It seems as if when hes casting it at max range it can be used pretty mindlessly. It's actually pretty tricky to punish a WB spammer in a very vivdly busy big fight in PvP.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 29, 2016 6:04PM
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the new pvp
  • boundsy88
    boundsy88
    ✭✭✭
    wrecking blow is easy to counter... when its working as intended. then there is the 50 meter range and getting hit mid dodge roll and getting CC'd by it while blocking. GG zose
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    I really look forward to Dark brotherhood, since they also said they are gonna tweak alot of the stamina based skills.

As of now.. if you play stam sorc/nightblade/templar/dk it is Wrecking blow and steel tornado that is only option for single target dps and aoe.(this is ofc if we not include class skills like surprise attack)

This is really boring.

Gonna be fun and see what they come up with, including some stamina based ultimates that does wepon damage...
    Edited by Lifecode666 on March 1, 2016 12:22PM
    Up the hornz
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is precisely the reason I stopped playing stamina Lifecode666. Because I don't want to be shoehorned into 2 abilities. I would prefer 80% of both my attack bars to be filled with meaningful stamina abilities. I cannot really do in the games current state.

I love what WB and Tornado can do a lot. I just don't want that to be my forever bread n' butter combo.... that bread gets real stale like real quick against smart players.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 1, 2016 12:40PM
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its simple, casting flare or shards doesnt need you to stick with the enemy. Done
    Having this high latency in the game u need to be able to move and u need a huge range since latency.... WB shouldnt be changed that way.
    That is absolutely right as it is but it should be counterable, like bashable... it should be an attack of choice and not something u spam like a noob iwin button.

I had some duels against very experienced players where i didnt have difficult situations at all but i sometimes fight full noobs who just push that one button and if i do 1 single mistake, im dead. It shouldnt be that way. Even if i know its coming now, i sometimes cant do a thing against it since its animation is bugged and the spammer doesnt get punished at all.
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    I use wb with my stamblade and I can tell you that I hit experienced players like 1/7 attempts.
    Inexperienced? 7/7
    L2p
    Hint: dodgeroll

I can tell you don't know wtf you're talking about because you're clearly a moron for using wb on a stamblade when you have a insta cast dps ability with surprise attack. Also, I did dodge roll and was behind the tree and was well outside the range of wb. Quit trolling.

Its true yep sure dodge roll but most players will run out of stam to dodge it thus up the cost on WB to use it ( thus stopping its spam)
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    If you notice,

That gap closer that stopped you in your tracks just before the WB, was from the same NB. You simply didn't get out of range before the .5 second timestamp on the checks.

And to dodge roll WB you have to do it just after the back wind up and before the upswing.

But it's not the abilities fault you got hit like this, it's the current Range/Los checks criteria of the engine. I have seen video's of myself nailing someone with WB, and on their screen I was well over 7m, but on mine I was never beyond 5m.

So it's the checks and pings of both players that is involved here. Not just yours. Your ping was 113, but his might have been 80, which is quite a difference really. And then there was the REALLY low FPS you had.

It's not as cut and dry as you think.
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    I use wb with my stamblade and I can tell you that I hit experienced players like 1/7 attempts.
    Inexperienced? 7/7
    L2p
    Hint: dodgeroll

I can tell you don't know wtf you're talking about because you're clearly a moron for using wb on a stamblade when you have a insta cast dps ability with surprise attack. Also, I did dodge roll and was behind the tree and was well outside the range of wb. Quit trolling.

This right here is the single most ignorant thing I have heard on the forums. Both abilities have merit, not only in the same build, but in separate builds.

I won't explain the nuances, but rest assured, WB is not at all wasted on a NB if used properly.

@Xeniph
    Pretty much this in a nutshell.
    The issue is not WB but rather the latency of both players. As usual players think the game on their screen is exactly the same for all other players. I remember testing this with someone I knew to have a much worse connection than I. We both ran side by side and used shadowplay to record. On my screen I was ahead of him by about 10m. On his shadowplay he was ahead of me the whole time.

People are too quick to call foul or whine when they die in PvP. Granted at least this players subjective experience has an alleged buggy scapegoat.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else pause the video and think the distance was just about 7 meters? I know it feels like you should be farther away cause you're all movin' real fast and stuff (been there, do that). However, we all know the dude who smacked you wasn't strolling through the park either.

7 meters is a F-ing huge distance.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, wb range is totally bs. Zos said they made certain sourc abilities deal less damage because they can be used at range, yet here we see massive range on wb, I have also experienced this crap.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    Yep, wb range is totally bs. Zos said they made certain sourc abilities deal less damage because they can be used at range, yet here we see massive range on wb, I have also experienced this crap.

That is not 7m, thats bigger than the range of a steel tornado ^^^
    PS4 EU DC