Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collectible Achievement Guide (Spoiler Alert)

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As an AD player Brass Anklets are simply terrible to get. I've been porting around Craglorn for hours, no drop.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to get Wolf's Tooth Necklace for a long time. Tried Glister Vale in Auridon (V1 area for me, as I'm DC) for a few hours with no luck. Finally got it really fast in Eastmarch (EP), east of the Ritual mundus stone.

I'm down to the following:

- Everfrost: any other place I can try other than Spellscar (Craglorn) and Willowgrove (Reaper's March - AD)?

- Ogre Toe Ring: this one is really nagging me, as I've spent hours farming Carac Dena (Greenshade - AD), a delve with nothing BUT ogres, and still haven't found it; also been killing every single ogre that crosses my path in Wrothgar. Can anyone confirm if they've gotten the collectible in either place, or if there are other interesting places?

- Imp's Effigy: I tried getting this in Rootwater Grove (Greenshade - AD), along with the one from the Spriggans. Got this last one, but not the effigy. There's a cave in the Rift with a couple of Imps I could try farming, but I'd appreciate any advice on other good spots. Auridon has quite a few, but they don't really respawn very fast, and I've had lousy luck in low VR areas.

- Buzzing Spine: the only place I can find to farm is Shadowfen, but no luck so far. I find it really odd (though normal by ZOS standards) that the VR13 Wamasu in northwest Craglorn (near Dragonstar) don't drop ANY loot, let alone a collectible.

- Crypt Jar: tried farming Gandranen Ruins (Shadowfen - EP) for hours, no luck there. Never got one in Hel-Ra either.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    As an AD player Brass Anklets are simply terrible to get. I've been porting around Craglorn for hours, no drop.

Make that 2 full days.
  • technique420
    technique420
    Soul Shriven
    Twitching Draugr Hand - Draugr

Wrothgar- exil's borrow
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    I've been trying to get Wolf's Tooth Necklace for a long time. Tried Glister Vale in Auridon (V1 area for me, as I'm DC) for a few hours with no luck. Finally got it really fast in Eastmarch (EP), east of the Ritual mundus stone.

I'm down to the following:

- Everfrost: any other place I can try other than Spellscar (Craglorn) and Willowgrove (Reaper's March - AD)?

- Ogre Toe Ring: this one is really nagging me, as I've spent hours farming Carac Dena (Greenshade - AD), a delve with nothing BUT ogres, and still haven't found it; also been killing every single ogre that crosses my path in Wrothgar. Can anyone confirm if they've gotten the collectible in either place, or if there are other interesting places?

- Imp's Effigy: I tried getting this in Rootwater Grove (Greenshade - AD), along with the one from the Spriggans. Got this last one, but not the effigy. There's a cave in the Rift with a couple of Imps I could try farming, but I'd appreciate any advice on other good spots. Auridon has quite a few, but they don't really respawn very fast, and I've had lousy luck in low VR areas.

- Buzzing Spine: the only place I can find to farm is Shadowfen, but no luck so far. I find it really odd (though normal by ZOS standards) that the VR13 Wamasu in northwest Craglorn (near Dragonstar) don't drop ANY loot, let alone a collectible.

- Crypt Jar: tried farming Gandranen Ruins (Shadowfen - EP) for hours, no luck there. Never got one in Hel-Ra either.

I got my Toe Ring in Carac Dena.It took many circuits, collecting a lot of soul stones from boss, but it finally dropped.
    For Imp Effigy, I farmed Fardir's Folly, north of Dune in Reapers. It also took forever.
    You're in the right spots for Everfrost. I got mine in Willowgrove.
    Actually got Buzzing Spine from a chance drop in Grahtwood, but stick with Shadowfen.
    I rolled an alt to farm several collectibles in DC (home alliance), but Zos screwed us on that method. Got my Crypt Jar in Alik'r. Farm where you are for that, and pray every hour to RNGesus.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farmed for my Crypt Jar in Craglorn around Seeker's Archive for around 5 hours, then I tried Lost City of Na-Totambu in Alik'r Desert for 4 hours until finally moving on to Crypt of the Exiles in Bangkorai, where I got it after five minutes! :D
    Edited by Zinaroth on January 14, 2016 6:10PM
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great place to find Lurchers for the Knotted Heart collectible is Rootwater Grove in Greenshade.
  • Jamesbr1b14_ESO
    So... I finally got my Fleshy Symbiont, and since all my other characters were well past the level of Abamath, I made a toon specifically for getting the Symbiont. Well, I have it and they are now BOUND! [snip] Why would you bind these items? I had one toon that I've been collecting achievements on and he's been maxed for over a year, so there wasn't an option to collect it once you finally got around to fixing the broken collectible. Yes, you, yourselves acknowledged you were just waiting for a larger patch before you repaired it. Now that you've repaired it, you've buggered more stuff up. [snip] this nerf. It doesn't serve anyone and is only caused due to your coding errors to begin with.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 5, 2023 6:09PM
  • avanwhy
    avanwhy
    ✭✭
    I finally got calcified cuttle to drop for me in Lady Llarel's shelter, a delve in Deshaan.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for this list. I have been working on this achievement forever.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where to find Bull netches, kagouti, kwama and wamasu for a veteren 16 EP character to farm for collectables?
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on February 14, 2016 7:57PM
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know where to find Bull netches, kagouti, kwama and wamasu for a veteren 16 EP character to farm for collectables?

Most of the information you're looking for is on the previous page, starting around post #340. Good luck, afraid you're going to need it.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got some good suggestions on where to farm "Hoarvor" for their "Luminous Blood Sac" as a VR16 Ebonheart Pact character? I just don't feel like Abamath in Malabal Tor is very effectient but I am having a hard time thinking of a better place. Let me know please, thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind got it, on to "Gossamer Winglet" from "Wasp".
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 15, 2016 1:16PM
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings. Tell me one thing in the game mechanics. Can I get a trophy malformed kagouti tusk from low-level kagouties, being a EP veteran rank 16 character? As far as I know, the loot can be obtained only from the mobs on 5 levels under your character, with mobs that are 6 or more levels under already get any loot is impossible. With kagouti in deshaan and shadowfen loot drops, and therefore, logically trophy should also drops, but does not drops, more than 3,000 kagouti killed, but no trophy. I spend time in vain or I can get from them the trophy?
    No Kagouties in veteran leveled zones for EP. Craglorn dungeon School of Warriors - no drop from kagouties on arena, vDSA 4 - too few kagouties and too low chance to get trophy. No variables for get trophy...
    Edited by StrangerFull on February 19, 2016 6:17PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings. Tell me one thing in the game mechanics. Can I get a trophy malformed kagouti tusk from low-level kagouties, being a EP veteran rank 16 character? As far as I know, the loot can be obtained only from the mobs on 5 levels under your character, with mobs that are 6 or more levels under already get any loot is impossible. With kagouti in deshaan and shadowfen loot drops, and therefore, logically trophy should also drops, but does not drops, more than 3,000 kagouti killed, but no trophy. I spend time in vain or I can get from them the trophy?
    No Kagouties in veteran leveled zones for EP. Craglorn dungeon School of Warriors - no drop from kagouties on arena, vDSA 4 - too few kagouties and too low chance to get trophy. No variables for get trophy...

Vets can only get drops from level 45 and up. EP characters have truly been given the shaft by zos. As you noted, there are few places where kagouti in your level range actually spawn, and then only in small numbers. I suggest you complain to CS, asking to either allow collectibles to be banked again, or to add more spawning sites.
    PC/NA/DC
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    But I get drops from kagouties less than 45 lvl, in deshaan they are 20 lvl. I can't get trophy from them even they drops something? In coldharbour ogrims 44 lvl not drops anything, even raw materials.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But I get drops from kagouties less than 45 lvl, in deshaan they are 20 lvl. I can't get trophy from them even they drops something? In coldharbour ogrims 44 lvl not drops anything, even raw materials.

"Drops" as in what exactly? If it's just clothing mats, it's likely part of a bug that never got fixed. I get these too sometimes. But gold and equipment doesn't drop. If it drops for you, report it.As for collectibles, you are SOL when it comes to level 44 and under.
    PC/NA/DC
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. I understood. I can't get needed drop from these mobs. I get drops raw materials and provisioning component. Drop gets from every killed mob only sometimes has no drop from them but no gold or equipment.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know of a good, or at least half decent, spot to farm Wisps for their Glowing Remnant trophy for a VR16 EP character?

Also can anyone confirm or deny whether monster trophies have higher drop chance off mobs and bosses inside dungeons or whether that is only the case of a few select ones where ZOS intentionally buffed the drop chances like Bile Gilt off the Caverne Matriarch in Normal Darkshade Caverns?
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 20, 2016 6:26PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good, or at least half decent, spot to farm Wisps for their Glowing Remnant trophy for a VR16 EP character?

Also can anyone confirm or deny whether monster trophies have higher drop chance off mobs and bosses inside dungeons or whether that is only the case of a few select ones where ZOS intentionally buffed the drop chances like Bile Gilt off the Caverne Matriarch in Normal Darkshade Caverns?

For Wisps, SW Greenshade has an area with lots. There are also clusters of them along rivers in Reapers March.

I seem to get a fair number of collectibles in dungeons, but this could be RNG. I've never seen any solid evidence that it really is higher in dungeons.
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 21, 2016 7:12AM
    PC/NA/DC
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

"Drops" as in what exactly? If it's just clothing mats, it's likely part of a bug that never got fixed. I get these too sometimes. But gold and equipment doesn't drop. If it drops for you, report it.As for collectibles, you are SOL when it comes to level 44 and under.

The fact that you can get appropriately leveled hides from any mob regardless of level difference is not a bug, but intended.

Otherwise how would crafters get hide mats? When they finally introduced the trophies, I remember they broke this and lower level hides were not dropping (as well as guts if you were above level 4). It was a mess.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »

The fact that you can get appropriately leveled hides from any mob regardless of level difference is not a bug, but intended.

Otherwise how would crafters get hide mats? When they finally introduced the trophies, I remember they broke this and lower level hides were not dropping (as well as guts if you were above level 4). It was a mess.

I still remember the Guar Genocide of Davon's Watch. Horrible times...
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider Crown Sighting
    This dropped for me the other day from one of the spider daedra in Veteran White Gold Tower.
  • Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    Found a "better" (in my opinion) place for Chitin Accumulator - Calcified Cuttle

EP - Onkobra Kwama Mine (Shadowfen)

Also, I hope I can find a decent place to farm those Atronach Elements, all the good locals are in the AD, but my main guy is FROM the AD and now v16 -_- And the ones given have very little (Coldharbour) or are a little tougher solo (Craglorn).

Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eradrann wrote: »
    Found a "better" (in my opinion) place for Chitin Accumulator - Calcified Cuttle

EP - Onkobra Kwama Mine (Shadowfen)

Also, I hope I can find a decent place to farm those Atronach Elements, all the good locals are in the AD, but my main guy is FROM the AD and now v16 -_- And the ones given have very little (Coldharbour) or are a little tougher solo (Craglorn).

There's lots of frost, fire and ice atronachs in Craglorn. I believe the place is called Spellscar. Not sure about flesh atronachs as AD though.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking for some ideas on where to farm Mammoths as a VR16 EP character. The locations in The Rift are too low level and the Timber Mammoths in Vulkwasten (Malabal Tor) are friendly to me, I suspect because I did the quest line there.

I know there are mammoths in Wrothgar but these are hardly farmable. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thank you!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking for some ideas on where to farm Mammoths as a VR16 EP character. The locations in The Rift are too low level and the Timber Mammoths in Vulkwasten (Malabal Tor) are friendly to me, I suspect because I did the quest line there.

I know there are mammoths in Wrothgar but these are hardly farmable. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thank you!

I think the mammoths closest to Vulkhwasten aren't targetable because they're required for a quest, but there are some a bit further out that you can kill. Not many, though, if I remember correctly. Other than that, I'd say your best bet really is Wrothgar. There are a couple of spots with 1-2 mammoths, and the map isn't that large, so although it's not as good a farm spot as the Rift, you can still get a few. Trouble is, there's lots of people there...

[EDIT] By the way, I noticed some people replied to my last post here, so thanks @Ourorboros and @Zinaroth. I now have all the collectibles on my main (and frankly, very little incentive to farm them on any alts hehehe).
    Edited by daemonios on February 25, 2016 9:41AM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

Thank you!

I think the mammoths closest to Vulkhwasten aren't targetable because they're required for a quest, but there are some a bit further out that you can kill. Not many, though, if I remember correctly. Other than that, I'd say your best bet really is Wrothgar. There are a couple of spots with 1-2 mammoths, and the map isn't that large, so although it's not as good a farm spot as the Rift, you can still get a few. Trouble is, there's lots of people there...

[EDIT] By the way, I noticed some people replied to my last post here, so thanks @Ourorboros and @Zinaroth. I now have all the collectibles on my main (and frankly, very little incentive to farm them on any alts hehehe).

I managed to find two mammoths at Vulkwasten that was killable. Hardly even worth mentioning. Damn it, EP is so screwed over for these trophy achievements...

:(

Found a rotation with 10 Mammoths in Wrothgar. The rotation takes like 7 minutes so it's a little more than one kill per minute, but it's sooo slow and the place is pretty crowded so I have to be on point for respawns.
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 25, 2016 11:18AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you!

Mammoths not targetable? For me, they are yellow targets, so, like mudcrabs, they can be attacked. There are more mammoths around one of the dolmens in Malabal Tor as well. Seems like this would be a better farming area.
    PC/NA/DC
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargoyle in Craglorn can drop Stony Heart collectible? Any good spot for DC player?