The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

question about gear in a templar healer

Caipiroska
Hello guys, i recently became v16 with my only character, my templar healer (argonian) .

I have 50 in all craftings and 9 traits researched in light armor.

So my question is, which is the best set or combination of sets that I should use ? Should i craft myself my gear or I should save money to buy a dropable one ?

I don't have experience pvping, so I mostly do pve, but i would like to learn to pvp as well...
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagrenac's hope 5pc, 3pc seducer, and 3 willpower to start with. That will give you decent regen, super fast rez speed, and decent spell damage.

Then run WGT for spell power cure. It's bind on pickup so you have to farm it yourself. It's best in slot for healers right now. Run it with seducers when you get it.
  • Caipiroska
    Kagrenac's hope 5pc, 3pc seducer, and 3 willpower to start with. That will give you decent regen, super fast rez speed, and decent spell damage.

Then run WGT for spell power cure. It's bind on pickup so you have to farm it yourself. It's best in slot for healers right now. Run it with seducers when you get it.

Ok thanks man you helped me a lot .
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    5 Julianos/kagrenacs/twice born star
    3/4 seducer/Magnus
    3 willpower

Also kena and nerieneth are pretty useful
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently I use spell power cure + kena helmet, but otherwise I would have chosen:
    5 pieces of Julianos or Kagrenacs
    3 Willpower jewelry with cost reduction enchants
    3/4 pieces Torugs Pact or Magnus set

5 light, 1 heavy, 1 medium to get the benefits of the Undaunted mettle passive.
    restoration staff, destruction staff and dual wield swords all with precise trait.
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Kags is good but rez will be nerfed next release. I just invested in a 5 piece v16 Julianos for that reason and that I felt it might be a bit more flexible between Magicka DK and Temp.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of Kag's in PvE, tell your group to stop dying :D

julianos/kena w/torugs
    julianos/overwhelming
    SPC/kena w/torugs
    Edited by Cuyler on February 23, 2016 2:22PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Caipiroska
    what about pvp?

I don't know what to do, i'm going to spend a lot of gold (that i don't have yet) crafting my gear v16 all yellow so I have to decide correctly .

I was going to make Kagrenacs but now I see many comments that says juliano is better...

What about the weapon? dual wield + resto I use. I was going to make them nirnhorned...
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Caipiroska wrote: »
    what about pvp?

I don't know what to do, i'm going to spend a lot of gold (that i don't have yet) crafting my gear v16 all yellow so I have to decide correctly .

I was going to make Kagrenacs but now I see many comments that says juliano is better...

What about the weapon? dual wield + resto I use. I was going to make them nirnhorned...

Yeah the gold sink for all new V16 is upwards of 500K depending on if you have the mats or not- way stupid.

The problem i see with Templar healer is that it is not going to be as easy in the next release.
    Sure you can stick with the dual wield/resto approach but if you are going to heal and only heal then maybe destro/restro
    might be a better approach since everyone seems to think wall of elements is the bomb.

IDK, for now i stuck with d/w nirn/precise and resto precise, undaunted, divines/infused, Julianos/Tourag and mixed monster shoulders/hat for now.

I figure if we suck at healing and "staying in our house" in the next release and people are crying due to the fact they are dieing OR we cannot output enough DPS I can switch to DK and maybe even explore the dps and possible healing on the MagDK side.

It is kinda a tough call right now IMO with MagTemps since you don't really want to be mediocre at everything...

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about pvp?

You'll need resto staff, dual wield and destruction staff (needed if you have DK's and sorcerers in your team that deal high damage, they will need Elemental Drain for their magicka sustainability).

As a healer, make it all precise trait. Nirnhoned is more a thing damage dealers use in pvp and pve-trials, where they come up against enemies with resistance where nirnhoned wins over precise.

Julianos is much better than Kagrenacs Hope set, however ....if you don't have good friends and active friendly pve guilds to run dungeons with, and is doomed to play with strangers and pugs then maybe Kagrenacs Hope is better, as it provides extra health + some magicka regen.

Economy:
    Make your weapons v16 and gold
    Make the rest of your armor v15 and purple with purple enchantments
    Get Willpower rings with Healthy trait, the necklace is cheap so make it arcane
    • if you can afford it, get reduced cost glyphs for your jewelry, but it is not needed. The default enchantment on the jewelry is magicka regen :)
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on February 24, 2016 10:44AM
  • Caipiroska
    what about pvp?

You'll need resto staff, dual wield and destruction staff (needed if you have DK's and sorcerers in your team that deal high damage, they will need Elemental Drain for their magicka sustainability).

As a healer, make it all precise trait. Nirnhoned is more a thing damage dealers use in pvp and pve-trials, where they come up against enemies with resistance where nirnhoned wins over precise.

Julianos is much better than Kagrenacs Hope set, however ....if you don't have good friends and active friendly pve guilds to run dungeons with, and is doomed to play with strangers and pugs then maybe Kagrenacs Hope is better, as it provides extra health + some magicka regen.

Economy:
    Make your weapons v16 and gold
    Make the rest of your armor v15 and purple with purple enchantments
    Get Willpower rings with Healthy trait, the necklace is cheap so make it arcane
    • if you can afford it, get reduced cost glyphs for your jewelry, but it is not needed. The default enchantment on the jewelry is magicka regen :)

I guess i'll do that for now, I have 50 in all the craftings so I can make my own glyphs.
    I'll keep using my v15 armor until the new DLC

thanks again to everyone