The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

[BUG] Thundering Presence doesn't work properly on PTS

kkampaseb17_ESO
kkampaseb17_ESO
✭✭✭
Thundering presence doesn't refresh its increased damage during the 4 initial seconds if you recast it while it is active. How did you manage to break this ability since it is working properly on live atm?

Is this change intentional?
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wow all this attention on this thread shows how much people actually value this ability.

On a more serious note...it still needs fixing.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_RichLambert any comments?
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow all this attention on this thread shows how much people actually value this ability.

On a more serious note...it still needs fixing.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_RichLambert any comments?

LOL ikr
    Thundering Presence is still useless in live as it is in PTS, i dont even care if they fix it or not lol
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina sorc checking in to say I don't give a damn if they fix it either. Sad excuse for an ability.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Also stam sorc I rather they not waste resources or time fixing this let them fix something else
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina or magicka - nobody uses thundering presense to be honest.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I decided to give this morph a look on pts.. Not worth it when it worked and now that this bug is there...
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Anhedonie wrote: »

PVE ppl use it
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

PVE ppl use it

Haven't seen a stamsorc in pve since...well, past 6 months or so.
    Sorry then.Well, at least some lost souls use it.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVE ppl use it

I use it as a magicka sorc. It adds some DPS when jumping in a mob group due to the small AoE damage and I only have to activate it before engaging, usually there's no need to cast it again. It also helps with boss fights if you can go melee range. On those fights where you can't go melee, it still gives you some DPS boost just by sitting on your bar because it's a class ability.
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

PVE ppl use it

You might need to reconsider your course. Stamina sorcs are the bottom atm (although the difference is not that huge but you can feel it between equally skilled players) and this is a DoT focused update. With the -25% damage to your physical attacks...aka now your wrecking blow will be hitting for 7.5k instead of 10k, you might start thinking outside of the box.

Considering that this skill ignores completely blocking (both PTS and live) and it ignores also absorb shields (PTS) it could provide a useful tool if recast every 4s. The cost is a bit steep but it is managable. I am still getting 2k ticks per target in PvP without a single point in Elemental Expert and that is on live, not on PTS with the extra damage from thaumaturge.
    Edited by kkampaseb17_ESO on February 24, 2016 10:23AM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I stand by what I've said before; half the skill changes ZOS introduces are always bugged or non functioning.
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    I stand by what I've said before; half the skill changes ZOS introduces are always bugged or non functioning.

The problem is that they didn't touch this skill supposedly with this patch. So no idea what other generic rule they changed that broke the functionality of the skill.

It might have to do with how damage of DoTs or bleeds is "reapplied" atm, or should I say it is not reapplied hence not refreshing timer. Although that is a welcome change for bleeds etc...it is certainly unwelcome for this skill that has this particular rule.
    Edited by kkampaseb17_ESO on February 24, 2016 10:35AM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

The problem is that they didn't touch this skill supposedly with this patch. So no idea what other generic rule they changed that broke the functionality of the skill.
    Same way they broke Mages Fury with the execute not proccing if they hold block. :joy:
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

PVE ppl use it

I use it as a magicka sorc. It adds some DPS when jumping in a mob group due to the small AoE damage and I only have to activate it before engaging, usually there's no need to cast it again. It also helps with boss fights if you can go melee range. On those fights where you can't go melee, it still gives you some DPS boost just by sitting on your bar because it's a class ability.

Do you know that Thundering Presense is a stamina morph?
    And you're (most likely) reffering to Boundless Storm which is a magicka morph.
    Edited by Anhedonie on February 24, 2016 11:32AM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

PVE ppl use it

Do you know that Thundering Presense is a stamina morph?
    And you're (most likely) reffering to Boundless Storm which is a magicka morph.

Fair enough, I don't know all my morphs by heart :)