Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Loyalty Rewards for DLC Game Packs"

• Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Just wondering ... in 5 years time when somebody for the first time gets an ESO Plus sub, he'll be flooded with gifts?!

I don't understand this philosophy either.

I think pets should be only for those that purchased the DLC with Crowns (you get enough Crowns being Subscribed anyway).

Or at the very least, make it so that for each Subscribed month or two, you get a reward.
    Plus members cannot buy the DLC tho. It wont show up because you already have access to it. Also plus members will have paid far more with the sub than anyone who just plays for free and buys the content when it comes out.
    Plus members can absolutely buy the DLC. When you select it in the Crown Store it will say that you already have access to it, but that buying it now will mean it is always available even if your sub ends.

Not my experience. When I was subbed none of the DLC showed as being able to be purchased. Regardless it doesnt matter. They are paying just like people who buy the DLC are paying. They should not be forced to buy the DLC and pay for plus as well simply to get a pet. Thats just ludicrous.

Being subscribed for 2 months is enough to get 3000 crowns, which means you are able to purchase any DLC you want. You are not paying extra. It's the same as buying DLCs separately right from the start.

The fact is that if a player has Subscribed for one month, he shouldn't be getting all the rewards at once. If there are 4 DLCs out already, he shouldn't be getting 4 rewards just being subscribed to ESO for one month. He should be Subscribed to ESO 4-8 months to get all the 4 rewards, or he can always purchase the DLCs separately and get them immediately.

It just wouldn't be fair to award the players so good for a measly one month of subscription (13€). Especially not when there are players that have been subscribed for much longer. The most loyal players won't be happy about that.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering ... in 5 years time when somebody for the first time gets an ESO Plus sub, he'll be flooded with gifts?!

I think pets should be only for those that purchased the DLC with Crowns (you get enough Crowns being Subscribed anyway).

Or at the very least, make it so that for each Subscribed month or two, you get a reward.
    Plus members cannot buy the DLC tho. It wont show up because you already have access to it. Also plus members will have paid far more with the sub than anyone who just plays for free and buys the content when it comes out.
    Plus members can absolutely buy the DLC. When you select it in the Crown Store it will say that you already have access to it, but that buying it now will mean it is always available even if your sub ends.

Not my experience. When I was subbed none of the DLC showed as being able to be purchased. Regardless it doesnt matter. They are paying just like people who buy the DLC are paying. They should not be forced to buy the DLC and pay for plus as well simply to get a pet. Thats just ludicrous.

Being subscribed for 2 months is enough to get 3000 crowns, which means you are able to purchase any DLC you want. You are not paying extra. It's the same as buying DLCs separately right from the start.

The fact is that if a player has Subscribed for one month, he shouldn't be getting all the rewards at once. If there are 4 DLCs out already, he shouldn't be getting 4 rewards just being subscribed to ESO for one month. He should be Subscribed to ESO 4-8 months to get all the 4 rewards, or he can always purchase the DLCs separately and get them immediately.

It just wouldn't be fair to award the players so good for a measly one month of subscription (13€). Especially not when there are players that have been subscribed for much longer. The most loyal players won't be happy about that.

I think you are confusing "facts" with your opinion on how things should work. Both are paying customers and both should have access to the same rewards. Also after the first month why would they cancel? Makes no sense. You cant complete all three DLC in one month.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on February 22, 2016 7:56PM
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are confusing "facts" with your opinion on how things should work. Both are paying customers and both should have access to the same rewards.

I'm not confusing anything. Spending 80€ for 4 DLCs is not the same as spending 13€ for 1 month of ESO+.
    You do the math and tell me how is that the same?
    Also from a business perspective, that's a very bad managment. There is no incentive to Sub if you get all the rewards subbing just 1 month. I have no doubt starting with TG or DB they will address this and change it accordingly.
    Edited by Bloodfang on February 22, 2016 9:48PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic idea, I loved the loyalty rewards back from the sub days and find this to be a most delightful continuation of that theme. Thanks so much!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think you are confusing "facts" with your opinion on how things should work. Both are paying customers and both should have access to the same rewards.

I'm not confusing anything. Speding 80€ for 4 DLCs is not the same as spending 13€ for 1 month of ESO+.
    You do the math and tell me how is that the same?
    Also from a business perspective, that's a very bad managment. There is no incentive to Sub if you get all the rewards subbing just 1 month. I have no doubt starting with TG or DB they will address this and change it accordingly.

I never said it was the same. I said your opinion was people should have to pay for multiple months to get the pets. My opinion is a paying customer is a paying customer.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with previous posters that this is a fantastic idea! I had some similar thoughts tossing around in my mind in regard to reintroducing the loyalty program - inspired by the periodic posts from players wanting to be able to purchase the PC loyalty rewards (esp. the Senche Tiger). I was trying to figure out a way to make them available again, but NOT purchasable in the Crown Store, and thought that some sort of reward for ESO+ or purchasing Crowns would be a great way to do it.

Not saying that I necessarily want the PC loyalty rewards to be made available again, but I had come up with a few thoughts in regard to how they would implement it. I had thought of rewards being available after X months of ESO+ or X Crowns purchased.

I think tying the rewards to the DLC is a nice solution, but I do agree that it can lead to future problems with someone subscribing for a month ($15) to get the vanity pets from a good number of DLCs and then unsubbing. That's a lot of "rewards" for only $15. However, how many people would actually do that, since if they unsubbed, they'd lose access to all the DLC and would just have the vanity pets to show for it. Granted, some might do this, but I don't expect a lot would.

So, yes, someone who purchases the DLC will pay a lot more up front, but most who subscribe to ESO+ do so for a variety of reasons, not just vanity pets. And, in the long run, they may potentially pay more than one who just purchases the DLC. At least on console, which only has a monthly subscription. On PC, you at least get 3-month and 6-month subscriptions with a reduced monthly cost. On the other hand, you can purchase 5500 Crowns for only $40. To get that same amount of Crowns as an ESO+ member, you would have to subscribe for 4 months, which would give you 6000 for $60.

In the end, I think this solution works, but we'll see how it actually plays out.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just freaking out thinking it was delayed on PC :) My wife is going out of town for a week 2nd week of march I planned on binge playing the whole week. Only pausing to eat.

And after eating, don't forget to use one of those in-game chamber pots.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I think tying the rewards to the DLC is a nice solution, but I do agree that it can lead to future problems with someone subscribing for a month ($15) to get the vanity pets from a good number of DLCs and then unsubbing. That's a lot of "rewards" for only $15. However, how many people would actually do that, since if they unsubbed, they'd lose access to all the DLC and would just have the vanity pets to show for it. Granted, some might do this, but I don't expect a lot would.

Wait, I thought you only got the DLCs that is released one month after you subscribe. So if I started my ESO+ membership today, I would not get the Imperial City, Orsinium OR Thieves Guild DLCs, because I became a member too late for the first two and not early enough for the third. However, I WOULD get the Dark Brotherhood DLC, and with that, the loyalty/DLC reward. In order to get the Echalette and Jackal pets, though, I would have to buy the DLCs they belong to manually, which means I keep the DLCs when my membership ends, though Dark Brotherhood would disappear. I could swear there was a guildmate who got ESO+ the day before Orsinium's launch to get the DLC cheaper (since he was planning on getting a membership anyway), but he didn't get the DLC since he was too late. I just want to make sure I haven't misunderstood something major.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Not necessarily. In order to receive the reward, you have to complete the achievement first (it's as simple as walking into the area, but still a step you have to take).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • cathyshively101b14_ESO
    Thank you! This is a wonderful idea and much appreciated. My husband and I just love this game! I love the small perks, fun things and such. Love doing quests and leveling for the pets and costumes etc and hope it's just the beginning for a continuously long journey ahead. Been playing since beta and still haven't gotten bored. Always finding or reading something new and wonderful each play time. Keep up the great work!
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not enough thank yous on this thread! This is really fun and very much appreciated. Thank you!
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could give the flying snake or mind shriven skin for imperial city dlc. As a loyalty reward.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 23, 2016 7:35AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    I really would like to customize my pet with colors and everything.
    Have a home, and tie the dog to the yard now that I have both a dog and an Echalette :)
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily. In order to receive the reward, you have to complete the achievement first (it's as simple as walking into the area, but still a step you have to take).

What's a bit unclear is, will the quest/reward stay when a new DLC is released?! So for example, would you still be able to receive the Thieves Guild DLC reward if in 5 years time you sub for the first time?! Or is the quest granting you the gift, time limited (ie. until the next DLC is released) ?

Just wondering...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Docmandu I would imagine unless they make changes it would grant it upon entering the zone.

It sounds like this is more a "thank you for your purchase" gift than a limited pre-order style gift. So from now on (unless changed) anyone who buys the DLC or subs at any point and enters that zone will get a little unlock to thank them for their purchase.

If they ever head down the road of pre-order exclusive pets (like SWTOR) then I am pretty sure we'll see the forums on fire with rage from the mobs. The only exclusives which I believe are not available and have not been planned to make available are the subscriber loyalty items.

Though personally I wouldn't care if these were made available to new subscribers as an incentive for subbing for x number of months. The game needs income to run.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno. Nice touch.
    Edited by Thybrinena on February 23, 2016 10:17PM
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    MOAR THINGS

IT'S NOT ENOUGH

WE WANT ACHIEVEMENT MOUNTS
    ACHIEVEMENT PETS
    ACHIEVEMENT EMOTES
    ACHIEVEMENT POSES
    ACHIEVEMENT ANIMATION CHANGES / COLOURATION CHANGES (LIKE NEW TELEPORT STYLES)
    ACHIEVEMENT COSTUMES / OUTFITS
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templar skills are still broken but here's a free pet, lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    The character sheet bugs out sometimes and the comparison sheet does the same, its wrong all the time.
    It's very annoying when you can't trust your own stats, so I suggest you fix that first.
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Pure ages to wait for consoles man :'(
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    AGES!
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Delegator
    Delegator
    ✭✭✭
    I have never understood the appeal of vanity pets, but to each his own. I would ban them in Cyrodiil because I can't imagine that they help with lag or frame rates, though.

Anyway, I would like to see some variety to the loyalty rewards. Instead of a pet every time, how about a costume, dye set, or mount? I'm not looking for anything that will give an advantage in PVE or PVP, but something to recognize that people play the game differently and value different aspects of character.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delegator wrote: »
    I have never understood the appeal of vanity pets, but to each his own. I would ban them in Cyrodiil because I can't imagine that they help with lag or frame rates, though.

Nah, why limit other players in what they can do?

I'd just add two new options:
    • Hide pets while in Cyrodiil.
    • Hide other players' pets while in Cyrodiil.

If you tick the first option, the second one is greyed out for obvious reasons.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Delegator Vanity pets are already disabled in Cyrodiil.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pets and reskinned mounts are the easiest to put in the game. No balance issues nothing like that. So thats probably why the rewards are strictly cosmetic.
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    Delegator wrote: »

Anyway, I would like to see some variety to the loyalty rewards. Instead of a pet every time, how about a costume, dye set, or mount? I'm not looking for anything that will give an advantage in PVE or PVP, but something to recognize that people play the game differently and value different aspects of character.
    You know… you talk and criticize like you know what you are talking about, but I feel like you didn't read the article or play the PVP part of the game AT ALL.

Yes, to each their own when it comes to vanity pets and cosmetics in general; I personally love them, especially pets and mounts because I can show off a little (like with my tiger; even if I love Senches in general, the tiger is my beloved favourite because it is proof that I played the game since launch… I also get insanely jealous of people with the Imga-monkey pet because of this XD). As long as you are respectful toward others with your apathy toward cosmetics, I will respect your opinion likewise.
    However, pets are ALREADY BANNED in Cyrodiil. They mention in ESO Live and on news articles such as this. Pets are not allowed, and thus assistants will not be allowed when they arrive. I understand that your writing does not make it clear that you are in Cyrodiil often, but it feels weird to say they should ban them when you don't even know they DO.

Second, at the very article that talks about the return of loyalty rewards, that this forum thread IS ABOUT and that Gina Bruno said later in this same forum thread, they mention that loyalty rewards will be different in the future; it just so happens that these two loyalty rewards are pets. They don't mention what other kinds of loyalty rewards there will be, but I guess they will be pets, costumes, dyes, maybe even a mount, who knows. People are still going to whine that the loyalty rewards for the DLC *they* buy isn't as big (I can't imagine skipping a DLC with a mount reward for a DLC with a dye reward), but at least they can't whine that the reward is the same all the time.

I am sorry if I make this sound angry, @Delegator, but I do feel that as a principle, if you are going to criticize the contents of the article this forum thread is about, the least you could do is read it thoroughly. I have myself failed to do this in the past and will sometimes keep doing so in the future, so I can't go by example. But it would be nice at any rate.
  • willklippsteinb14_ESO
    Really love this! However, Why no Nightingale costume for the Thiefs guild Content?
  • Delegator
    Delegator
    ✭✭✭
    Pensola wrote: »
    I am sorry if I make this sound angry, @Delegator, but I do feel that as a principle, if you are going to criticize the contents of the article this forum thread is about, the least you could do is read it thoroughly. I have myself failed to do this in the past and will sometimes keep doing so in the future, so I can't go by example. But it would be nice at any rate.

Yes, you do come across as both uneccessarily angry (taking about 5x as much time to complain about my post than anybody else took in any post in this thread) and as condescending with a "do what I say, not what I do" attitude. The fact that you took SO MUCH TIME to do that, with a post longer than any other in this thread, makes me question your priorities. But like I said, to each his own.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really love this! However, Why no Nightingale costume for the Thiefs guild Content?
    @willklippsteinb14_ESO Because the current iteration of the Thieves Guild has no obvious connection to Nocturnal.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them. Thank you
    Edited by Katahdin on March 1, 2016 5:38PM
    Beta tester November 2013