The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This doesn't make sense

Katyprairie
Katyprairie
✭✭
Ok I don't understand why I get torn apart so freaking hard in pvp. Im a veteran 16 DK with all 64 attribute points into stamina and 250CP I don't have any super awesome sets at the moment but I am currently wearing 5/5 affliction 3/3 endurance 3/3 agility and a molar kena shoulder and a beckoning steel helmet all heavy armor. I'd also like to mention that I believe that I and a pretty decent player and know the mechanics of MMO'S quite well (former WOW player). The problem is I just feel like everyone is hitting so much harder than me and taking so much less damage then me I mean I get if five people are attacking me I don't stand much of a chance but come on it seems like I can never get myself a 1v1 kill. Here is my stats and ability bars in Cyrodil
Health:31,000 stamina;30,000 magicka:10,000
Magic recovery:514 health recovery:596 stamina recovery:1058 weapon damage: 2200
Spell resistance 31,000 physical resistance: 27,000 440 critical resistance and 32% weapon critical.I am a werewolf and also have the boon tower as my mundus stone.
My first ability bar is one handed and shield and I have hardened armor, pierce armor, green dragon blood, evil hunter, defensive posture and take flight as my ultimate. My second ability bar is two handed and I have critical rush, executioner, unstable flame, rally, wrecking blow and werewolf as my ultimate. I know this setup isn't ideal nor is my gear but still It isn't possible that every player in Cyrodil has everything maxed and perfectly constructed yet either. So what is the deal?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your weapon damage is low.

Stam build should have 3k minimum.

Your stam recovery is low too. I like at least 2k on my builds. Dk can get away with a little less due to battle roar passive.

Can't think what affliction does off top of my head, but it's heavy correct? Heavy armor is trash currently. You'd be much better off swapping to medium. Adds regen, reduced cost, weapon damage, weapon crit. It makes a huge difference.

Personally, i'd go 5 hunding's and 4 morkuldin. 5 medium, maybe 6, then the rest in heavy. Unless you have undaunted 9, then 5 medium, 1 light, 1 heavy. If you can't craft morkuldin ( 9 traits) then go with ashen grip.

Traits, I like 3 infused on legs, chest and head. 2 impenetrable, 2 divines. Some stack impen a lot more though. Weapon damage on your weapons.

You could drop your health some and have more stam, which'll make you hit hard. Maybe also drop the tower for serpent.

I see you have dragon blood. I'm assuming you don't have vigor? Things will get a lot better then. Dragon blood is a terrible heal. Even coupled with rally it's not a lot of healing.

Igneous shield is good too. Stops you getting critted andgives back stam & generates ultimate passively. Reflective scale is a better version of sword and shield reflect as well. I also run shuffle. 20% dodge chance and removes snares.

Something I see a lot of DKs doing is opening up with take flight. Keep it for when someone is CCed. Wrecking blow straight into take flight for instance. They can't block or dodge it then so they take big damage.

For reference, my Dk has 22k health, 29k stam, 3200 weapon damage, 37% crit, 2200 stam regen, 1100 magica regen, 900 health recovery (orc). I run 1 Bloodspawn, 1 kena, 5 hunding's and 3 agility. My weapons aren't anything currently (2h and bow). I use drinks in pvp for regen. I use serpent mundus stone.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 18, 2016 12:08AM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor mitigation does very little in this game, better off using medium for the regen. The amount of lag makes blocking difficult in the best scenarios but try to block the big hits. Range spam and run with a group swapping to aoe. Untill and if they make instanced objective pvp dont take it to seriously
  • Katyprairie
    Katyprairie
    ✭✭
    If I switch to medium armor will I still be able to tank for dungeons?
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    You can tank all dungeons in Light Armor, you just need a source of stamina. Temp Shards and Repentance are OP for this role.
    Like a Boss!
  • Katyprairie
    Katyprairie
    ✭✭
    I'm a DK though @bosstuggles
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is possible, but you need differnt armour for pvp and pve anyway, so you can still use heavy in pve.

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea tanking in heavy is recomended. The block cost redux adds up quick and constitution actually does good work.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski - has given you some pretty good advice there..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have a heavy set for pve tanking. I run 2 engine guardian, 3 whitestrake and 4 Alessia bulwark (o think that's my setup anyway). I have 30k health, 28k stam, 14-15k magica, 33k on both resistances and like 1200 stam regen.

Honestly, you can switch up armor sets and skills and go from good pvp dps to pve tank. You'd get better tanking stats if you specced fully for it, but this game doesn't require that for 90% of it.

Trust me, I was in the same position as you 6 months ago. Tank mode in pvp. There's no place for them though currently. Keep two lots of gear so you can tank in pve and crush faces in pvp.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To put it shortly;

1. Heavy armor sucks.... Really does. No reason to wear more then 2 pieces unless your duelling. Even then....
    2. This meta is all about burst. 2.2k Wp damage us waaaaay to Low. Basically if u were up agaisnt my toons ud have 0 pressure on me. My sorc will just press hardened ward and negate the next 3 attacks u do on me. My dk/nb would just hit rally or vigor and out heal any kind of damage ud be doing. No pressure and no burst = Gg in this meta
    3. Ur recovery is waaaaaaay to Low. If ur really good u can get by with 1.5k but personally I prefer running around 1.8 to 2 without engin. I get by with around 1.4k regen with engin cos engin is just infinite sustain... Only way your dying is if someone manages to drop a ccccccombo burst on you due to misplay.

The Long version;

Best all rounded set for stam right now is hundings. Give that a try. Also 2 piece engin Guardian works WONDERS with stam dk. Especially with SnB due nerf to blocking. (No stam regen).

My dk is in 5 hundings (Med) + 2 engin + 3 agility. I'm going 5/1/1 due to undaunted Passives. His stats fully buffed; 24.6k health, 36k stam, 4K Wp damage, ard 50% crit and ard 10-11k magicka. He runs different weapons depending on my mood and playstyle. Sometimes 2h/bow for aggressive play and sometimes SnB/2h or SnB/bow for outnumbered situations. Also keeping some detect pots/invis pots helps since dk has very *** mobility. The medium armor skill shuffle also does wonders combined with timely dodge rolls for survival and outnumbered situations. Save ult for combos. Common ones I use is wrecking blow > leap or fossilize> structured entropy> leap. Both of these make leap unblockable and with 100 points into mighty, it can straight up floor most Super aggressive builds since all they do is stack max stat and resource.

Against nbs; basically survive their initial stealth burst, then pop immovable with detect pot and proceed to burst their sorry ass for trying to gank a dk.

Against sorcs; make sure u keep flappy wings up for frags/ meteor. Sadly meteor cannot be reflected next patch. Just watch for their burst. The deadly proxy>curse>frags/streak>dawnbreaker/meteor will burst you down from full Hp if you let up pressure. Best way to kill sorcs is to burn their stamina bar. Reverb bash/uppercut etc and keep cc on them the second their immunity runs out. They will keep refreshing their damned hardened ward and there's not a thing you can do about it until their stam bar runs out. Then proceed to spank them with the leap combo. Some sorcs like to camp in mines. If this happens I just back up unless i have bow equipped (in which case snipe spam~), and walk away. Crit rushing into mines normally ends in my death....

Templars; well if ur into an SnB Templar spamming Bol.... Give up. I've never managed to kill them... I have however tried. We just end up locked in eternal combat till we both say *** it and walk away. If it's a nooby spamming jabs just side step/dodge roll then cc and leap and execute.

Agaisnt other dks: basically a matter of who can last longer and who gets a successful cc leap combo first.

Additionally, corrosive armor is a very underrated and underused ultimate. It costs 200, but combine this with immovable and my wrecking blows hit for 20k lol. It basically Negates all resistances and can surprise someone who is only expecting a cc + leap

Also @Brrrofski has given u some solid tips which I agree with. Try them out too.
    Edited by Vangy on February 18, 2016 2:39PM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Go for medium armor and maybe 2 heavy.
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    Owch them stats are bad you want more than 2k regen, 3k weapon damage and every other stat does not matter also wear medium might help , you skills also matter what are you using?
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a DK though @bosstuggles

The Templar in your party will be giving stam to you via shards and repentance.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    All you need to tank is a constant stream of shards from a temp in group its stupidly easy heavy armor is close to useless currently just slot defensive posture
    Edited by BossTuggles on February 22, 2016 10:21PM
    Like a Boss!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My magicka templar does a bit of tanking on the side, I just have a separate set of clothes for it with 5 heavy pieces. Even without templar shards (as I am usually the only templar in the group, and cannot pick up my own shards) as long as you have lots of potions, its fine :smile:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on February 22, 2016 10:25PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind