Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RP'ers, Where Are You? (PC...but Console Welcome to Chime In)

Krist
Krist
✭✭✭✭
I recently joined an rp guild of hundreds of people. 20 to 30 play each night, sometimes more. I have yet to rp with any of them. I saw one person ask when will we rp, and was answered "We will put it on the guild message". Nice people, but that is not rp, or is not the rp I grew up on (I am over 40).

Are there any non-themed guilds out there that are connected to other rp guilds, maybe also brings the themes together by connecting them? It would be great to have an rp guild where at least (but not necessarily only) the leaders of other guilds would join to bring the guilds together in one area. A knight constantly interacting with knights is okay, but when they can interact with thieves and mages and other types it is amazing. I am not against joining a werewolf or vampire guild, but I do not want to just interact with other werewolves.
I do not want to go to a website outside of ESO and join up and be a part of something that is apart from the actual game. Not knocking that at all, just saying personally.

Before anyone asks if I want this so bad why don't I do it, I do not have the time to run a guild. I have run many guilds in the past 20 something years of rp, but my time is very sporadic now.

Any suggestions *outside of looking at other websites*?

"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
"Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
"That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Tyrrean
    Tyrrean
    ✭✭
    Are you EU or NA?
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA ... and it seem EU is where the rp'ers are.
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • OneWithTheShadows
    Hey there, I'm from the NA area as well and you-re right, it-s hard to find any recent RP these days. What I did was to try the EU server and I found out about the Blackrose Cartel which I became affiliated with and befriended the leader. He is very friendly and a great person, you should try that Guild. I'm also into hardcore roleplay and EU rp guilds do mix between each other. I haven't played in almost a year though but I'm recently in contact with Xin (Blackrose leader), I'm just finding the time to download the server and log in :)
  • OneWithTheShadows
    Sorry for double post...By the way with the new Thieves Guild DLC the roleplay scenarios could get quite interesting.
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for double post...By the way with the new Thieves Guild DLC the roleplay scenarios could get quite interesting.

I agree completely, and am looking forward to it. I think ESO is just getting started. Wrothgar and it's play has regained my interest in the game, though I actually doubted it at first. I never left, but my play was more sparse.

• cdebaca
    cdebaca
    ✭✭
    any Rpers in AD (NA server) who wanna RP? Hmu @cdebaca
    @King_Kuza - CP600

[Ph'iil] - Khajiit, Templar - AD
    [Baurus the Blade] - Redguard, Dragonknight - DC
    [Lifts-Her-Tåil] - Argonian, Nightblade - DC
    [Nerevårine] - Dunmer, Templar - DC

Guildmaster of [The Kuza Clan]
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    I've just written this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here because it seems relevant:

There are plenty of RP hotspots on both NA-PC and EU-PC. But due to the existence of shards, you may find yourself in a different phase than most roleplayers, and so you will not see them. The best way to work around this is to join a large roleplay community guild.

The best place to start is the website of TESO-RP, which is really the main forum for us roleplayers. Some faction-specific communities also have their own websites. For example, on the EU-PC megaserver you should check Stormhaven RP in the Daggerfall Covenant and Ebonheart RP in the Ebonheart Pact.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.teso-rp.com/

i know i know, but you dont have to join, just click on the events tab and look at the rp even calender, just show up at the event of your choice

great people in that community though, no obligations
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Just showing up at the event is not always enough, however, due to issues of phasing. You might go there and find no one, simply because you are in a different phase. It's good to know who is hosting the event or even just someone who is participating, this way you can use the "travel to player" function if you run into phasing issues.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • Darksongkadah
    Darksongkadah
    Soul Shriven
    I would strongly recommend joining one of the RP Guilds that serve as OOC hub to facilitate RP. Children of Skyrim (Send me a message in game if you'd like an invite) is an option, Ebonheart RP is another, and I believe there's a third too. These allow you to know when events are and help with phasing.
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm part of a guild Roleplayers United. It's good at helping you find roleplay guilds.

I'd love to find more public events. If anyone would like to roleplay in the Ebonhart Pact, please send me an IM or mail to @Taisynn in game. I have a very quirky bosmer character. She was adopted to an Argonian Family that was seperated when they got enslaved. She's an escaped slave, now mercenary, with an unhealthy obsession with Sheogorath and cheese!
    Edited by Taisynn on April 29, 2016 7:00PM
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • ThePMSBeast
    ThePMSBeast
    ✭✭
    Type of RP that i am used to is that you are in character most of the time. Interacting with other players (rpers or not, confuses the hell out of non-RPers lol) And if there is a multi-cultural guild, the characters you play are always RPing like in Real life. RP events are awesome, but i would like to join an RP guild that focuses on normal daily rp of the characters plus RP events. Being in character 99% of the time can be quite fun.
    " I know from righteous, I know from sin. I got two sides, and they both friends "
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Type of RP that i am used to is that you are in character most of the time. Interacting with other players (rpers or not, confuses the hell out of non-RPers lol) And if there is a multi-cultural guild, the characters you play are always RPing like in Real life. RP events are awesome, but i would like to join an RP guild that focuses on normal daily rp of the characters plus RP events. Being in character 99% of the time can be quite fun.

Agree, and THAT is what I cut my teeth on with rp...not counting table top. UO private rp shards were fabulous for such in their time, as rp was mandatory and (ooc) was very rare. Telling me "we have rp events" kind of makes me cringe, but not being an rp snob, just not use to that kind of rp. I dont know how possible this actually is on ESO, as an MMO. The fiction is great and really helps to get into the rp on a solo basis, but it is hard to do so with groups.
  • ForestGuard
    ForestGuard
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not suggesting anything, but you asked where we are and I have to echo another's comment: We're on TESO-RP.com. Enjin is like facebook for gamers and the roleplaying community is massive, connecting this subcommunity type from almost every major MMORPG.
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.teso-rp.com/

i know i know, but you dont have to join, just click on the events tab and look at the rp even calender, just show up at the event of your choice

great people in that community though, no obligations

I highly recommend this site for finding RP. It links to hundreds of Guilds, player profiles, and all manner of RP related things. There are also several "RP Hub Guilds" that foster RP but are not a themed group.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are in your heart <3
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete please.
    Edited by Taisynn on May 30, 2016 9:18AM
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact

Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
  • Mellimal12
    Mellimal12
    Soul Shriven
    *waves* Hello! I'm about two weeks into playing for the first time on ESO. I want to piggyback off this thread since it addresses some of my issues. First off: My GAWDS the scenery is GORGEOUS! LOTRO has some boss scenery but yeah...I wandered around looking at water and trees my first day (noob). With that being said, I made characters in all three factions just to see the scenery. And as it happens, I do notice that certain factions tend towards RP more. Is this just me or is this something the senior players here have noticed? My first impromptu rp was with my clueless Dunmer Nightblade with another Dunmer I think he might have been a DragonKnight..anyways, he was the paranoid, elitist *-hole I figured Dunmer to be. And that was on my third day here. Forgot his name and I wish I would have had sense to record it but yeah...kudos to you Dunmer Dragonknight *-hole, Zahlev would be honored to stick a blade or two in your back.
    Disregarding my noobgush above, is there a better faction for rp? My first tester characters might be deleted now that I kind of sort of know what I'm doing. I still want to adventure and expand my characters but I also want to rp. Help? :'(
    Zahlev Nar'Hlaalu- EP Dunmer NB Davica Gaulterus - DC Imperial Templar Jhessael AD Altmer Sorceress
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will help if you list your factions being played .

On the Daggerfall side , I still see players in Rivenspire , Daggerfalls , Reapersmarch RPing in the main cities and sometimes out in secluded areas . Ride around thos areas and just pay attention to area chat not zone .
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking for RP with little luck lol. most of what i find is questionable at best.
    Edited by jircris11 on May 18, 2016 11:19PM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I did this a while back. It just really isnt there. Such a great fiction to play off of too.
  • PrinceOfWorms
    PrinceOfWorms
    ✭✭
    I havent found anyone active yet who wants to RP. I used to RP on RPNation, but the players were a little lacking in content.
    I'm in the US, in Austin Texas. ( CST )

Always looking for a group. :)
    Yes, such will you be- Queen of every grace. When the last sacramental words are said; and beneath grass and flowers that lovely face moulders among the dead.
    Then, O Beloved, whisper to the worm that crawls up to devour you with a kiss that I still guard in memory the dear form of love that comes to this.
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent found anyone active yet who wants to RP. I used to RP on RPNation, but the players were a little lacking in content.
    I'm in the US, in Austin Texas. ( CST )

Always looking for a group. :)

Join Children of Skyrim. They do roleplays in Riften every Wednesday. And everyday, really, but Wednesday is the most popular day.

• Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a proud member of Children of Skyrim, and current roleplay with 4 guilds who participate in activities in and around Riften and Eastmarch. It's really a great place to be. If anyone would like to participate or roleplay with me, I'll link my guild's sign up pages below. Children of Skyrim is great for all kinds of roleplay in the Ebonhart Pact, even if you don't join a guild there are many public events where we welcome everyone, our most noticeable one being Wednesday at the Withered Tree in Riften.

We also have a joint Teamspeak server where all the guilds get together and communicate with each other. Also, add me, my @name is @Taisynn (just like here) and I would be honored to roleplay with you anytime. There are also other roleplaying guilds and OOC hubs, which you can find at http://www.teso-rp.com/

Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) (OOC Hub for EP/Skyrim Roleplay, Allied with Morrowind Community)
    Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP) (Treasure Hunters, We have 87 members)
    The Hand of Mora's Collection (RP/EP) (Collectors of knowledge under Heremeous Mora)
    The Jackals (RP/EP) (Mercenaries, Thieves, and Madmen!)
    Edited by Taisynn on June 6, 2016 7:53AM

• Michas
    Michas
    I think it really depends on the "level" of RP you're looking for. I know of players who just like to embrace the environment when they play, so they adopt the vernacular and just go about their playing. On the other side of that scale, there are people, myself included, who really develop the character backstory and create a completely fleshed out character. The odd thing is: Murphy's law dictates that "rarely the two shall meet", which can be frustrating.
    For those of you on the roads of Tamriel on the NA server, if you happen upon Wulfrich Kerr, feel free to roleplay. Wulfrich is a big (really big) armor clad Nord (Scottish) Dragonknight who tends to roam a bit. Most recently, he can be found wandering the roads and wilderness of Auridon, Grahtwood, or Greenshade.
    Edited by Michas on June 14, 2016 4:41PM
    "The best thing about not living in a castle is not having to defend it." Wulfrich Kerr
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please do not think I mean this in an rp snob type way, as I do not like those kind very much. However, the idea of "lets rp on weds" is not what I was looking for.
    I have actually found it on another game, but will be playing here as well because ESO is just that awesome. I play Comraich: The Last Sanctuary, which is a free UO rp shard. Graphics of course are old, but if you see/speak to someone, it is rp. It matters. I LOVE ESO's content, but because it is such a massive MMORPG.....you just cant. Not their fault, no fault.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    Please do not think I mean this in an rp snob type way, as I do not like those kind very much. However, the idea of "lets rp on weds" is not what I was looking for.
    I have actually found it on another game, but will be playing here as well because ESO is just that awesome. I play Comraich: The Last Sanctuary, which is a free UO rp shard. Graphics of course are old, but if you see/speak to someone, it is rp. It matters. I LOVE ESO's content, but because it is such a massive MMORPG.....you just cant. Not their fault, no fault.

I realise you're on the NA server but if you wander in the EU direction, I'd be happy to strike up IC conversation with you. That goes for anyone.

I understand completely your feelings about very organised RP - it can feel a bit awkward? I'm glad it's out there tho, and I really like it when I happen upon a group going about their RP stories. I sometimes lurk discreetly and quietly to enjoy the play. As long as it's not rude...*then* I run away. Fast.

When I started out playing mmos (in WoW beta if I'm honest *blushes*) I got a crash course in how to behave on an RP server. EVERYONE abided by the unofficial rules too! So, OOC brackets for speaking normally, walking in cities, and heaven forfend if you didn't politely ask someone to group in /w before inviting them! I liked it. :) 'The Last Sanctuary' sounds name-appropriate! ^^ I'm glad some games still carry on 'the old ways' *gigglesnorts*

So, if you bump into me in the wilderness and fire-up the ol' RP, I'll always do my best to respond appropriately. :)
    Edited by Magenpie on June 16, 2016 8:58AM
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Born 2E 545, 8 First Seed. I was abnormally born two months before my egg siblings, under the sign of the Lord. Raised amongst Kota-Vimleel. As a hatchling, I initially grew in the marsh. I was a natural alchemist with an inclination for combat. I left the protection of the pack to explore, harvest, and taste test plants. While out I saw a fellow scale skin being captured by elven slavers. My intent to help resulted in my capture.
    My first suckling of sap as a hatchling caused my veins to pulse grow and glow. I was told the story of my veins as hatchling and decided to call myself Tree-Blood during my captivity. Tree-Blood is a foreign style name since i was captured before my naming day and remember little jel.
    I have two egg-brothers and an egg-sister that I have grown with. Although I was mostly a loner because i was born two months earlier then them, my one egg-brother admired me from a distance, since he was mostly away in Shadowscale development. The few times he returned to the marsh, it seemed as though it was specifically to meet me. He often stated things about my experiences that only I knew. Although it was unknown to me how exactly he knew these things, I trusted him and was at ease with the fact.
    He was a leader of sorts and had another of our brothers follow him around closely, mimicing him. I often thought about how my capture affected him, yet knowing he had our family reassured me he would be well.
    After nine years of survivng captivity in Tel Aruhn, I seized the opportunity to escape when a Ra-Gada pirate unit attacked the telvanni stronghold. I happened to harpoon a Dunmer necromancer that resurrected a recently killed pirate to attack the ship captain. As a result, she welcomed my presence on board. Of course, the past four years of the khahaten flu effecting Tamriel made her and her crew wary of accepting me, yet the fact that I saved her life and honor(since killing a Ra-Netu would be dishonorable) outweighed that concern. Being in and on the sea allowed me to once again develop my aquatic attributes and sparring with the Ra-Gada helped me train in armed combat. Ideally I prefer hand-to-claw combat with little to no gear, yet in this climate, I have mastered Heavy armor with a blunt two handed maul. For agile pleasure I switch to my poison and diseased dual wielded hammers.
    ANKHOR was a title given to me by the Ra-Gada because of my ability to stay well rooted, stable and pivotal in principle as well as combat, like the anchors they use so frequently. M.S.F. is an acronym for their sea clan. I have carried these as a sign of respect, while insuring they were always reminded of my firm allegiance to my hatch-ling brethren.
    After eight years of travelling, training and learning their ways, I returned to my leel. The signing of the daggerfall convenant and the Akaviri invasion changed the environment of the Ra-Gada and the seas. It was a wise period to depart and aligned with the events following. I returned only days when I was fortunate enough to be apart of General Keshu the Black Fins and Heita-Meens Shellback movement north. We clearly changed the balance of the combat and seemed to surprise the Akaviri as much as Dunmer. General Keshu and Heita-Meen were impressive leaders. One was more strategic and decisive while the other was more raw and immediate. Although officially, Almalexia granted us freedom by abolishing slavery, we were already in the act of taking and claiming for ourself.
    Although my Hist connection had mostly dissolved over the fifteen years of absence, my bodies ability to absorb the sap as it swells in my veins, allowed me some degree of faintly hearing the whisper after six years of rigorous effort to rekindle it. The SoulBurst drastically aligned my essence to that of the Hist and my egg kin.
    I have always been for my Marsh egg kin. Meeting my hatchling siblings was a very agreeable experience. Hearing Kota-Sax-Blood tell me about his Shadowscale years and his developed magic abilities has been endarkening.
    My brother was put in a deep sleep following the Soulburst. At times his body faded in and out of an electrical state, so we keep him in a canopy elevated from water. He met me in my dreams, or more like we shared them. We toured a Marsh similar yet different than our own. With stuctures different then the Xanmeer, yet with a population organized like the men and mer. In addition, there were strict rules distinguishing our Black Marsh leel from the other Tamriel inhabitants. We both were very inspired by this vision and took note that the name these Saxhleel claimed was An-Xileel.
    There have been deadric anchor like structures falling from the sky and deadra appearing out of minor portal type lights. In addition, the ebonheart pack is now engaged in a war with other Tamriel men and mer. I may now end up fighting my Ra-Gada brethren from years back. Regardless of my respect for their contribution to my present state, all who verse my Saxhleel kin will submit or perish.
    I will begin exploring and guarding our lands more in the following days. If Kota-Sax-Blood remains sleep, i will leave him to the care of our Raj and egg-siblings. I will begin my travels at White Rose Prison.
    Ankhor MSF Tree-Blood
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • LaiTash
    LaiTash
    ✭✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    NA ... and it seem EU is where the rp'ers are.

Hah! I've just checked teso-rp and there are SO many events everyday on NA an none whatsoever on EU.
  • mythlover20
    mythlover20
    ✭✭✭
    I've only been playing ESO (NA PC server) for a month or two now, but I've been looking for RP since then, since my Facebook RP family has unfortunately been taken from Facebook for various reasons. I've joined several RP guilds, even tried to start one of my own, but finding it has been impossible for me. There is only one person I rp with and even he can't find anyone else who will RP with him. I know that being and Australian, and having my main character be a Dragon Age: Inquisition import isn't going to help, but the other four characters I regularly play aren't. No matter who I ask, nor when I ask, nor which character I play, I can't get an answer as to where RP happens, or when it happens. I have as little information now as I did before I joined the RP guilds I'm in.

I'm honestly about to just give up. There doesn't seem to be any point trying anymore.
    "In the darkness all is the same, all is equal. It is the light which casts the shadow, and turns to evil that which simply was." - Me.

mythlover20/The Plant Baron

Officer in Blood Moon Traders trade guild.

Blood Moon Traders is a laid back, werewolf-themed Trade Guild with a stable trader in Sentinel, in the Alik'r Desert. We have weekly raffles and auctions, as well as a variety of events throughout the week, and a monthly Yard Sale. Join us and you'll have access to a fully-stocked Guild Hall, a Discord Server, and a website. In return all we ask for is active participation in our events or making 25k gold in sales each week. Search for Blood Moon Traders in the Guild Finder or message me in-game for an invite.