Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else disappointed by the molag gal fight?

efarley
efarley
Soul Shriven
Just finished the game, beat molag bal my first try in under 5 minutes, he never dropped me below 75% hp. I'm a vr1 imperial templar, the titans took about two hits to drop and I just stood in the aoe smashing molag with my skills. I was expecting a fight....
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is waaaay to easy I agree. I have fought world bosses that require more thought and effort. Hell even public dungeon bosses are harder, and they are all really easy.

Hell, I have fought mobs harder if I am being truly honest.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILER!!!!!

I guess the reasoning is that you are all hopped up on meridia juice, but even then, I still think that for a deadric lord, the fight should be a bit harder.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the main issue here is that it is needed to defeat him to continue to cadwell's silver. so being blocked by lack of skill cause you can't kill him will be a frustrating experience.

The solution is imo simple. change the story slightly . I think it is important to have an incentive to do the main quest line to continue. But from a story telling perspective it also makes more sense to change then end.

The final "regular" step in the main quest is "Shadow of Sancre Tor". This is the way to defeating Mannimarco. Then you are tasked to help the leader of your alliance to tidy things up (final quest in your alliance). then the weight of the three crowns start, you enter coldharbour and stop the plainmeld. After activating the light of Meridia, you are transported to the coloured rooms together with the last king. you get the quest rewards, meridia let you reclaim your soul and cadwell offers you cadwell's silver. However, Meridia also summons "the prophet" and tasks you to stop Molag bal for good. This will start council of the 5 companions and God of schemes. The later would be scaled (so it doesn't matter at what level you do it, it has a fixed dificulty) and it is no longer blocking progress so it can be made as hard as it needs to be.

It makes more sense from a story telling perspective and solves the difficulty level.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Osiinin
    Osiinin
    Agree with the above poster, yes it would have been nice to be harder, but since its a block in being able to access the other 2/3's of the single player part of the PVE game they have to keep that in mind when balancing the difficulty.

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. Guess I'm the only one who had a tough time with this guy. Took two tries and almost three, if it wasn't for a lucky run behind a rock to boost my health a bit. That jumping attack (which I couldn't figure out how to avoid) slapped me every time.

But to be honest, his defeat was no easier or harder than any other ES end boss. Though, I feel the fight in Oblivion was the best ever simply due to the massive amount of mobs while trying to take down Molag Bal.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Naked Nord killed him butt naked ...
    w00t.gif
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    Yeah, this. I know, thread necromancy but since I have a new character approaching this battle I started thinking about how disappointing the battle will be against the God of Schemes. I want to NEED the best armor for my level, just repaired with repair kits in my inventory, the highest quality food and plenty of potions to finish the job. I want to NEED 30 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay to finish the job and I want to feel a real sense of accomplishment for killing him. It shouldn't be easy, it's a right of passage into the upper levels.
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this. I know, thread necromancy but since I have a new character approaching this battle I started thinking about how disappointing the battle will be against the God of Schemes. I want to NEED the best armor for my level, just repaired with repair kits in my inventory, the highest quality food and plenty of potions to finish the job. I want to NEED 30 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay to finish the job and I want to feel a real sense of accomplishment for killing him. It shouldn't be easy, it's a right of passage into the upper levels.
    Prepare to be disappointed ...
    dry.gif
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag Gal

Xgkc9QA.png

"You messed with her at the wrong time of the month, Vestige"
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to fight a considerably stronger and annoying version of him, you can try to solo him in IC sewers :)
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    At least you can do that? The npcs disappear for me when I reach the spot where the Companions has to gather up and I have to make a particular choice and get Meridia's buff. Been like that for over a week now. I have no reason to play if a bug keeps me from finishing the story.
  • mtPrimo
    mtPrimo
    I think it is more paradoxal than anything. It means anything can fall, even the God of Schemes.

Perhapes Uncle Sheo is a bit more harder, who would know?

Fondue?
    Admiral Primo of Thir - Altmer | Templar | Aldmeri Dominion |
    Primo I - Imperial | Dragon Knight | Ebonhart Pact |

The strategic advantage developed by good warriors is like the movement of a round stone, rolling down a mountain 300 meters high. The force required is negligible; the result, spectacular.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    @Kurimugann This happened to me this week. Got the message to wait for the companions to gather and it didn't happen. I just remained in the area and logged off and straight back in and they appeared to let me continue to the final fight.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • SnuggleMePlease
    SnuggleMePlease
    ✭✭✭
    I also just finished the questline for the first time. I was rather disappointed as well. It seemed like I really didn't have to pay much attention to the fight. I was literally watching TV and spamming buttons at the same time. It just felt pretty anti-climatic. I would at least like a boss fight that I have to pay full attention to.

Cheers,
    Snuggle
    "Heavy-bearded Y'ffre, speak through me. Tell us of the time before time. Let the story grow in me. Let my heart echo to the pounding of your feet along the story-lines, the bones of the world. I will walk Your steps, and know Your story."

SnuggleMePlease - NA - AD
    Green Prophet of Bosmeri Pride
    Esmira Oakenwreath
  • SnuggleMePlease
    SnuggleMePlease
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Molag Gal

Xgkc9QA.png

"You messed with her at the wrong time of the month, Vestige"

I'm falling inlove, and not with Molag Gal. <3
    "Heavy-bearded Y'ffre, speak through me. Tell us of the time before time. Let the story grow in me. Let my heart echo to the pounding of your feet along the story-lines, the bones of the world. I will walk Your steps, and know Your story."

SnuggleMePlease - NA - AD
    Green Prophet of Bosmeri Pride
    Esmira Oakenwreath
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I killed him without potions or anything.Just decent gear and my Prismatic bow. Oh,and lotsa running circles around him.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I killed him on 0 durability lvl 44 white gear when I was VR2 ( not bragging just trying to agree with OP by stating facts ).

Sadly there are harder mobs in Dolmens than this end game boss.

However !! :mrgreen: and this is a good suggestion...

They should allow you to redo that final fight after each Cadwell trial ( Silver & Gold ). So 3 end game boss fights ( no extra skill points, but you do get some gold and a item ( blue or epic would suffice I guess, nothing major ), they could even leave out the reward it would just be a nice challenge.

This should also not be mandatory so players should choose to do this or not ( so as not to have to repeat it on many alts )

An interesting story ( The following is based on a true story ):
    When I first arrived in Cold Harbour a former friend on teamspeak was about to explain the tactics you needed to do in order to defeat him ( and he was serious about how difficult this fight was ).

I immediately interrupted him and said I am muting you guys can whisper me when you are done, so I proceeded to mute my TS. He then explained to my other friend, she listened and later that week he explained again right before we did it ( note I muted again, they gave me a heads up they were going to discuss it and I should mute ).

The next day I did the fight easy peasy lemon squeezy!

When he logged onto TS I immediately asked him whether or not he was trolling me because that fight was ridiculously easy and to my surprise he said that he was serious and that it is the hardest fight in the game for him, he died hundreds of times.

To this day I do not understand how.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS... If someone read this... At end of Cadwell Gold (or what this will be called after remove vr ranks)... At the end of all 3 main story quest line...
    Give us REAL battle with "almost-god".
    True Boss of game.
    And... Make it repetable :wink:
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    Not only was the fight super easy, but it was in every way extremely underwhelming. You're fighting a DAEDRIC PRINCE, one of the most powerful beings in the entire Elder Scrolls lore, which is quite expansive. The fight should look epic, with a massive beast towering over you.

It started out great, with you being pulled up and then thrown back down, but then the puny version comes down and its downhill from there. The storyline was great with relatively interesting characters, and it set up for a cool boss fight, but in the end it really wasn't anything that special. Maybe they can change it in the future? Probably not.