Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about using stat points

Nyro87
Nyro87
How much should I invest in stamina if I am mostly using Shadow and Siphoning? Noticed they both use Magicka so I was wondering if I should even bother with stamina at all.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you need to decide if you are going stamina or magicka and then pile the attribute points into that attribute..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Nyro87
    Nyro87
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    you need to decide if you are going stamina or magicka and then pile the attribute points into that attribute..

Well, that's what I was asking. Even though they are Nightblade trees the skills seem to use magicka. So I guess I should go magicka. Seemed weird Nightblade skills would use magicka.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    put 0 points into stamina if you are a magica player.
  • Nyro87
    Nyro87
    Didgerion wrote: »

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I don't mess up my build somehow out of lack of knowledge lol
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What race is your character?

Pvp or Pve?
    Edited by Cuyler on February 9, 2016 6:23PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyro87 wrote: »

Well, that's what I was asking. Even though they are Nightblade trees the skills seem to use magicka. So I guess I should go magicka. Seemed weird Nightblade skills would use magicka.
    Well, there are different ways to play a nightblade.
    You can play them as a kind of bloodmage, using manly siphoning skills, you can play them as a kind of illusionist, utilizing stealth and skills like shadow image, concealed weapon, lotus fan or fear, you can play them as rouge with dual wield and bow, relaying mainly on weapon skills and those class skills that can be morphed to a stamina version, you can play a tanky warrior that uses his class skills only for sustain and utillity, ...
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I just wanted to make sure I don't mess up my build somehow out of lack of knowledge lol

You can always respec your attribute points when you get to the capital city of your faction. It's something you'll probably do when you get to a high level, so if you mess up, it's fixable.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

You can always respec.

Current meta is to put all attribute points into that which scales your damage. You pick what scales your damage with the skills and morphs you choose. Most skills have a Stamina or Magic morph, so be careful come Morph time. It's not terrible to put some points into your off Attribute, but you don't want to put too many in there to get the best bang for the point.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the NB skills in Assassin and Shadow can be morphed to scale off stamina instead of magicka.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I use Stamina for my NB.Total Stamina.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class skills are mainly magicka based. Each class has a few ..3-4 stamina morphs, but that is pretty much it.
    • Stamina based players use mainly weapon skills for damage, and class abilities as utility (shields, healing, invisbility, flee from battle, buffing etc.)
    • Magicka based players use class skill abilities to kill with and also as utilities.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will need some stamina if you intend to sneak and for blocking/dodging physical attacks which can be vital when you’re up against the ones that send you flat on your back - they can pretty much prevent you from having a chance to do anything if you can’t block them.

But yeah, in the shadow and siphoning skills there are only a couple of Morphs that use stamina instead of magicka, so you probably won’t need it for those, unless they make more changes in the future. The question is whether you are also going to need it for weapon skills or if you’re going with staves instead.