The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Emperorship is flawed system!

• nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why I need to "prove" it. Seems childish..I myself am not interested in Emperorship as I'm only a v6 healer atm..more for other players. Granted I did finally make it into 6th place and held it for a few days but I'm not personally interested in it until I get the appropriate level.

Regardless our guild pvps in moon-cursed ps4 server and we've had the same emperor crowned for the last 10+ campaigns. You rarely see him do any actual work for it. Just sits back and watches most the time. Our guild leader had almost caught up with him on the leader boards and when he logs on he doubles ,almost tripples his points within 2 hours max and becomes untouchable at that point.
    Hell, I've been told he's even admited to having a deal with the other factions to get the points racked up when asked how the hell hes capable of it.

It's really not asking for much putting a limit on how often you can get Emperorship. Not saying they can't ever get it again. I just think its more fair if other people have a chance at it by putting a limit on there. Because if you believe it or not people are cheating the system. Lucky you if its not going on in your server and people are actually putting in legit work for it, but it DOES happen.

And don't tell me to just switch campaigns. Sure we can do that, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Which PS4 server are you playing on? Is it Eu? We have this problem atm with a constant Emporer who has switched alliances this campaign .
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The emp system is flawed, but not because everyone who works for it doesn't get their turn. It's flawed because of the way it unbalances the game, and is partially responsible for numerous blanket changes to the game.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry everybody doesn't get a trophy.

They're playing the game. The game is more than just logging on and fighting. It's building relationships with people, even cross alliances, to achieve goals. Some of these players work the politics hard to get emp...not to mention play the game a lot to get the AP needed to be on top.

It's a sub-game that Zos probably never anticipated, but players love it.

I do think how AP is awarded needs serious overhaul, as I'm not a fan of abusing the system to get your AP. But, that is probably going to happen not matter what system you use.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emperorship should be disabled until performance problems are solved, then maybe we can start thinking about what emperorship should mean, what you should do to earn it and what you should do to keep it.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reften wrote: »

They're playing the game. The game is more than just logging on and fighting. It's building relationships with people, even cross alliances, to achieve goals. Some of these players work the politics hard to get emp...not to mention play the game a lot to get the AP needed to be on top.

I do think how AP is awarded needs serious overhaul, as I'm not a fan of abusing the system to get your AP. But, that is probably going to happen not matter what system you use.

Work the politics or work the erp?
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    reften wrote: »

Work the politics or work the erp?

erp?
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.