The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What is your favorite rare crafted style?

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xivkyn
    Nestor wrote: »
    Right now its Dwemer for me. Light Dwemer Chest goes so nice with a Molag Kena Shoulder as the shoulder is a one piece item and the Dwemer Chest has a design feature that looks really good with that..

However Glass looks pretty good, and so does Ancient Elf.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen any one in full dwemer (or just never noticed it). Got pics @Nestor ? :smiley:
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    Neither have I, it is such a popular style, but is so rare.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
    Dunmer Nightblade- Lvl 19 (WIP)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xivkyn
    This style resembles Daedric in past Elder Scrolls games but with its own twist. Hands down my favorite motif!

Mercenary is a close second, and imo Glass is a little disappointing minus the heavy armor and some medium/weapons. Hopefully a future motif could include something that's basically a copy of Morrowinds glass style, since the current Glass attempted to be similar to Skyrim and just isn't that amazing.
    Glass_Armor_(Morrowind)?file=Glass_Armor_Set_MW.png
    Edited by Vaoh on January 23, 2016 6:42PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary
    There is no single style for all. I pick many styles depending on target.
    - Mercenary is the Armor of the Month for me. Several alts are wearing it now. The asymmetric plate and ornaments give good dyeing possibilities. Good shield. Has one-side small shoulder piece to avoid WoWish looks. Nerfs boobs on females and gives girls an athletic look.
    - Xivkyn takes dye very well and i often put one xivkyn item for colour contrasts.Looks good both full black, white and metallic dyes. Well done style overall.
    - Barbaric looks good on curvy females. Medium chest and heavy hidden helmet is a reasonable armor.
    - Dwemer of course for, um, dwemerish looks. Medium shoulder pieces can be used alone to enhance torso V-shape, because they come to arm sides, not on top of shoulders. With that helmet i wish that bash would animate as head butt. Go nuts with metallic dyes.
    - Glass is natural shiny look for paladins. But i can't forget what it looked in some Skyrim mods. It should have been closer to Dwemer style - bronze frames with glass inserts. Every attempt to dye this with non-metallic colours turns it immediately to Power Rangers.
    - Ancient Orc with the heavy pant/skirt lets tanks look tanky. Switch to other pants to show dat ass - medium chest don't have backflap. The textures could be better. Now they have no purpose and look artificial. A bit problematic to dye. Mean looking swords.
    - Ancient Elf for neutral good looks, Shoulders fit for Razum Dar, but maybe not for all.
    - Akaviri fits for rich old fat male perverts (just look at the picture below :mrgreen: ).
    - Breton for neutral looks and for shy vampires and for those who forget to mention what style they want.

Gear below have usually my personal dyes clothier purple with Julianos white legs..
    Mercenary on slender cat:
    Screenshot%202015-12-27%2018.18.00.png

The Master (Akaviri) and the Apprentice (Xivkyn):
    edit: only chest is Akaviri, rest Mercenary
    Screenshot%202016-01-15%2017.56.38.png

Light Xivkyn from the Overwhelming set:
    Screenshot%202016-01-22%2014.13.34.png

Low level tank in Ancient Orc:
    Screenshot%202016-01-21%2012.40.23.png

Friend's Dwemer tank alt at VR1:
    Screenshot%202016-01-24%2013.25.33b.jpg

This happened when i tried to dye glass armor with clothier purple, sorry:
    Screenshot%202016-01-22%2018.03.53.png

Edited by helediron on January 27, 2016 5:01AM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None are my favorite, so I outfit my alts in different looks. I don't spend as much time customizing outfits as I would like, because it's too hard to guess the outcome without a Preview window, and mats for v16 too costly to mess around with. Why the F don't we have a Preview window?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xivkyn
    Honestly I think they all look very hit and miss. There's a few good pieces here and there, but on the whole it's either extremely edgy and 'trying too hard' or just...bleh

I do like a lot of Xivkyn pieces though
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glass
    It's pretty close as some styles have better looking weapons at different levels ... while other styles have better looking armor at different levels. My level 32 Stamplar is in full wood elf medium right now with a glass shield.

However, vr16 Akiviri Staff looks pretty bad a$s.
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    I made a glass helmet for my level 12 alt >_>

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    Dwemer
    well for me i like Dwemer light armor imp heavy armor and xivkyn for med armor
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    Anyone know a good armor combination for sorcs? I am leveling a magicka one, but I am not sure what armor to use. (style-wise)

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer
    Really Akaviri, but wanted to vote so dwemer :)

But I usually wear khajiit medium or nord light.
  • Furrelito
    Furrelito
    Xivkyn
    Akaviri tho:(
    M'aiq and Cadwell baes are forever
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    Yeah, I apologize it isn't in the poll.

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer
    Everything about dwemer it's perfect. I love the light armor robes
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    I have been thinking about using dwemer light for my sorc, think they would look good on an altmer?

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ancient Elf
    I voted Ancient Elf as it's the one my Bosmer main wears (primarily, with some Altmer, Bosmer, and Glass mixed in). That said, I think Imperial and Xivkyn are both super cool, and Glass is definitely growing on me. Primal and Barbaric are interesting, but I'd never wear them myself. Daedric was a huge disappointment to me.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    I agree, daedric looks pretty dumb compared to previous versions.

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
  • FrozenAnimal
    FrozenAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akaviri and Khajiit.
    Edited by FrozenAnimal on January 31, 2016 2:28PM
    Vollmond Rudel - Deutschsprachige Werwolfgilde, Plattform: PC/Mac
    Unsere Mitglieder riechen nach nasser Hund, unsere gejagten Widersacher nach Urin.
    Anfragen an: @FroziAnimal [Ingame] oder @FrozenAnimal [Forum]
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial
    I have a nord tank that wears heavy imperial. She looks like one classy Beeyotch while you try to kill her and fail. Imperial FTW for any distinguished warrior who wants to look classy as F**k.
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    Ok, if you could make one crafted set of any style, but only one style, which style would you choose?

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
  • Vanady
    Vanady
    ✭✭✭
    Xivkyn
    Those are my favourites. :)

1. Xyvkin in medium armor
    2. Mercenary in heavy
    3. Imperial in heavy
    Guilds: Hodor / Aurora Avalonis / Exterminatus / Ghost & Goblins

@ VanaEvr (EU PC EP)
    Vanady Y - Templar Healer - Breton
    Vaine Evr - Nightblade Magicka - Dark Elf
    Va'shjra Yaz - Dragonknight Stamina - Khajiit
    Vasorcys - Sorceress Magicka - Breton
    Vanaya W - Warden Healer - Breton
    Vanea Vany - Dragonknight Magicka - Breton
    Vanecro X - Necromancer Healer - Breton

My Youtube Channel Here
    My Twitch Channel Here
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many pieces from all of the sets that are ugly in addition to the ones that are really good. For instance, I'd never ever want to be seen wearing any piece of the primal gear, but the shield and staff are decent. In the other sense, Akaviri is good-looking bling armor that is sure to turn heads wherever you go, but the weapons are thoroughly garbage and a waste of expensive scale.

Then you have to consider which armor type it is, because the type changes everything dramatically. Too many variables for me to pick one set as my "favorite" rare style. I never make an entire set for myself out of one kit, I mix and match everything, even mixing rare with common (try light mercenary and khajiit shoulders sometime).
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    There are many pieces from all of the sets that are ugly in addition to the ones that are really good. For instance, I'd never ever want to be seen wearing any piece of the primal gear, but the shield and staff are decent. In the other sense, Akaviri is good-looking bling armor that is sure to turn heads wherever you go, but the weapons are thoroughly garbage and a waste of expensive scale.

Then you have to consider which armor type it is, because the type changes everything dramatically. Too many variables for me to pick one set as my "favorite" rare style. I never make an entire set for myself out of one kit, I mix and match everything, even mixing rare with common (try light mercenary and khajiit shoulders sometime).

I do have to agree with you on this one.

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    New question, what is your least favorite style?

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much nothing good comes from Barbaric. Only the shield is a potentially desirable item from that set.
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Glass
    Pretty much nothing good comes from Barbaric. Only the shield is a potentially desirable item from that set.

Yeah

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28