Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Explain Veteran ranks and endgame?

samuelaxonb14_ESO
Hey all,

I am level 47 and am closing up on the level cap, and I'm eager to see what the endgame will be like. I played at launch and didn't like the game, so stopped for a long time, but I came back when Orsinium came out and have been having a lot more fun.

I've been trying to research the endgame but it seems like they have overhauled the endgame experience at least once, and I've seen chat suggesting another overhaul is coming, and when I search for info online it's sparse to begin with but when I do find something I don't know whether it applies to the endgame as it is now, as it was, or as it will be.

So... can anyone either explain to be how the Veteran experience works, or refer me to an up-to-date online resource that I can read that will?

My many, many questions include:

- When I reach max level, can I visit both other factions' zones, or just one?
- Do experience boosts from the Crown Store also affect post-level-cap progression?
- At max level, does my own faction's zone scale up to 50 as well, or is it just the other factions' zones?
- Is it still the case that playing the other factions' zones at the level cap is far, far more challenging difficulty-wise than the 1-50 leveling experience was in my own? When I heard this was the case at launch, it was one of the biggest reasons I lost interest in continuing to play.
- When I'm at the level cap, do other factions' zones all scale to match where I'm at at level 50, or do they grow in level/difficulty just like the initial leveling experience in the home faction did? For example, if I were Aldmeri and I went to Daggerfall once I hit 50, would Bangkorai be the same effective level as Glenumbra?
- How does the endgame progression system even work, at a basic level (I don't need every detail, just the gist?)
- Do I have to group to do content in Craglorn or The Imperial City?

Really the tip of the iceberg but those are the major questions.

Also, unrelated, but does anyone know how to change my forum name? I have no idea why it is what it is. And I can't seem to create a new account without an invite or something like that, but I'm not sure what that is?

Thanks all! I love this game but I feel like Zenimax does a very poor job of explaining anything about it in terms a casual player can understand...
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I am currently Vet5, but I will answer what I can. .

When you hit lvl 50, you are vet1.. After you finish the main quest for your faction, it unlocks One of the other factions with everything scaled up to Veteran levels. (1 through 5 I believe) I am guessing that once you finish that faction the third will unlock scaled to Vet 6-10, and then Craglorn etc for Vet 10 - 16.
    I am sure crown store exp scrolls will still boost exp for vet levels.. it wouldn't make sense otherwise..
    You can solo in craglorn or ic, but I think the dungeons are all group oriented.

Hope this helps some :)

• BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

My many, many questions include:

- When I reach max level, can I visit both other factions' zones, or just one?
    you start on a quest that takes you to the first of both vet leveling zone from your faction (AD goes to EP as an example) then when you complete the "silver" quest you get the same mission but now its "gold" and takes you to the second one
    - Do experience boosts from the Crown Store also affect post-level-cap progression?
    Yes xp pots and xp scrolls will always affect your xp regardless of level/zone
    - At max level, does my own faction's zone scale up to 50 as well, or is it just the other factions' zones?
    No, everything stays at the same level. i believe ZoS wants to scale everything like orsinium but No ETA (lol)
    - Is it still the case that playing the other factions' zones at the level cap is far, far more challenging difficulty-wise than the 1-50 leveling experience was in my own? When I heard this was the case at launch, it was one of the biggest reasons I lost interest in continuing to play.
    if its your first time around then i would say it is more challenging but not far, far more. id suggest doing some boss fights with friends
    - When I'm at the level cap, do other factions' zones all scale to match where I'm at at level 50, or do they grow in level/difficulty just like the initial leveling experience in the home faction did? For example, if I were Aldmeri and I went to Daggerfall once I hit 50, would Bangkorai be the same effective level as Glenumbra?
    No, at lvl 50 AD goes to the EP zone, so in Stonefalls everything is Vet 1, once you move to Deshaan everything is Vet2 and so on. every consecutive zone gets leveled up by one vet rank (for now)
    - How does the endgame progression system even work, at a basic level (I don't need every detail, just the gist?)
    Cp is the current end game progression system. you start earning them once you hit lvl 50 and the cap on those atm is 501
    - Do I have to group to do content in Craglorn or The Imperial City?
    No, you dont have to do either. i havnt done both and i have multiple vet 16 characters. its just more story and xp i guess

Really the tip of the iceberg but those are the major questions.

Actually i just remembered that theyre making it so you after level 50 you can choose which faction leveling zone you go to first, same type of examples still apply though
    Edited by BackFreckle on January 31, 2016 11:27PM
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer