I am level 47 and am closing up on the level cap, and I'm eager to see what the endgame will be like. I played at launch and didn't like the game, so stopped for a long time, but I came back when Orsinium came out and have been having a lot more fun.
I've been trying to research the endgame but it seems like they have overhauled the endgame experience at least once, and I've seen chat suggesting another overhaul is coming, and when I search for info online it's sparse to begin with but when I do find something I don't know whether it applies to the endgame as it is now, as it was, or as it will be.
So... can anyone either explain to be how the Veteran experience works, or refer me to an up-to-date online resource that I can read that will?
My many, many questions include:
- When I reach max level, can I visit both other factions' zones, or just one?
- Do experience boosts from the Crown Store also affect post-level-cap progression?
- At max level, does my own faction's zone scale up to 50 as well, or is it just the other factions' zones?
- Is it still the case that playing the other factions' zones at the level cap is far, far more challenging difficulty-wise than the 1-50 leveling experience was in my own? When I heard this was the case at launch, it was one of the biggest reasons I lost interest in continuing to play.
- When I'm at the level cap, do other factions' zones all scale to match where I'm at at level 50, or do they grow in level/difficulty just like the initial leveling experience in the home faction did? For example, if I were Aldmeri and I went to Daggerfall once I hit 50, would Bangkorai be the same effective level as Glenumbra?
- How does the endgame progression system even work, at a basic level (I don't need every detail, just the gist?)
- Do I have to group to do content in Craglorn or The Imperial City?
Really the tip of the iceberg but those are the major questions.
Also, unrelated, but does anyone know how to change my forum name? I have no idea why it is what it is. And I can't seem to create a new account without an invite or something like that, but I'm not sure what that is?
Thanks all! I love this game but I feel like Zenimax does a very poor job of explaining anything about it in terms a casual player can understand...