The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Completely bugged vMA - Final Boss

Will16
Will16
✭✭✭
Okay, so I was running vMA for the first time, and I finally reached the end boss. After a load of deaths I actually got fairly far, past the animus crystal stage, the golden ghost things, and the boss was around 40%. Thats when I died unfortunately. But, then when I respawned everything had gone really weird. For starters, all the visual effects were gone, and I mean they just disappeared. All the skulls that the boss fires went, the blue fx for when he teleports was gone, the guards fire breath effects was gone and also all the portals were gone, both the portal into the arena, and the portals to spawn all the enemies. That obviously caused quite a bit of difficulty since I couldnt see anything properly, and I was just getting hit by things I couldnt even see. But that wasnt the only bug, for some reason these lava spouts started trying to hit me whenever I started the arena, and if I was hit by one I would get stunned. I think they were the same spouts that hit you if your knocked off the top ledge. Anyway, I screenshotted some bits it because I knew I'd report it, and then after a few goes of trying I was suddenly kicked off the server! The error message I got didnt exactly help either, said that I was kicked for "spamming" when I hadnt even sent anything!! Im actually fuming because I spent the whole day doing vMA, had a good score (around 350k ish or something) and couldnt complete it because of some stupid bugs! I dont know what happened but I know I could have completed it, and after a long time spent I got nothing out of it :'( I thought it would go after a while, so kept retrying it (hence why there's so few lives left) but it ended up just getting progressively more bugged, to the point where half of my damage wouldn't hit and yet I'd be bombarded with random other damage! I did wait for a bit in the way shrine bit when I realised things were getting worse (30 mins or so) but after waiting then trying again, it was still there and to make matters worse I was kicked! Please can one of the moderators do something about this because it is a serious issue. t6fyfkw58vqx.pngegoiyg0wzk68.pngiwr0t0c3soe7.pngw8qtmd82mvxt.png
You can see in the first picture the portals are gone, and in the second you can see the lack of blue fx and skulls that are coming out of him. Also if you look to his right you can see a white light, that was a spawn point of one of the guards, but the portal didnt show up. The other photos just show the red lava things that stunned me.

Edited by Will16 on January 31, 2016 10:28PM
  • Will16
    Will16
    ✭✭✭
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about the bugs you mentioned... I haven't encountered them myself and I'm sorry to hear it ruined your first run.

However, fyi... that 350k score isn't your actual score. Time and death penalties are taken away from the score displayed at the very end of each round at the very end of the run. That's why people get scores below 1,000 if they take hours and die loads in the arena.
  • Will16
    Will16
    ✭✭✭
    Heindrich wrote: »
    I dunno about the bugs you mentioned... I haven't encountered them myself and I'm sorry to hear it ruined your first run.

However, fyi... that 350k score isn't your actual score. Time and death penalties are taken away from the score displayed at the very end of each round at the very end of the run. That's why people get scores below 1,000 if they take hours and die loads in the arena.

Yeah the bugs were weird, I asked in my guild chat if anyone had encountered them before and no one had! And ah, I didn't know that, well I'm not too worried about my score I'm just really annoyed that I didn't get to finish it and get my title and reward