The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

learn your builds and farm your CP like everyone else did

TieFighter
TieFighter
✭✭✭
This goes to all the people who ask for nerfs because they are getting killed in cyrodiil and want certain nerfs because of it.

1) The bottom line is you don't know your builds and the build you think is working for you actually isn't. You sacrificed too much defense for dps and that's your call.

I love when I come across someone who spams 2hand spam or steel tornado because I can turn my back to them and let them spam to their delight but it won't even get me below 95% health and I haven't met someone yet who can kill me 1vs1 on one of my builds. And I hope ZOS is able to see through the QQ and notice it for rage instead of anything else. Nothing is too OP that it needs to be nerfed. Your cookie cutter crit stack isn't better then EVERYONE'S build. Learn to play with your builds by yourself and try not to be so angry when you can't figure it out immediately by yourself. Sustainable builds ARE out there. Also stop complaining about CP because all you have to do is get to vet1 and you start farming CP. FARM YOUR CP- that's all you have to do. CP is ZOS way of rewarding long term players who been here long enough to farm them. By the time you are V16 you will have 'X" amount of CP... Heaven forbid anyone would have to work hard and diligently for a good build- and when they do ZOS needs to nerf it... I get rage tells all the time that I dumped gold into my armor, I wasted mats on making good armor, blah blah blah(none of it is a valid argument)- but that's what it is is rage. Now all the sudden we can't spend gold on our armor and CP should be done away with(when cp is so easy to get if people would just farm it) I just read a post that hundings armor should be changed- wow! Forget about Hundings! I don't use it myself and I can't be killed by people who wear it- not 1vs1(on one of my builds). That's because I don't sacrifice defense for offense to the point that I get killed and need to rage about it.

ZOS, these people don't want to farm their CP and they don't want to sacrifice dps for defense because it hasn't been made a popular idea by the ones they look up to yet. Remember the time when a DK's couldn't wear light armor or wield a destruction staff because minds were too shallow to see the possibilities? The same short sightedness is happening when it comes to the DPS race and who can do the most dps right now.

What is the official news on CP anyways? I know it was administered to help alleviate the vet grind blues so it seemed like we were still making progress even though we weren't leveling "fast enough" in vet levels...
Da'Hui DC imperial mage dragonknight(retired but retained)
Hand Saryn Valor EP dunmer templar(mage/healer)
Pergan Asuul AD dunmer dragonknight(dps firemage)
Mi'Mosa EP imperial nightblade(stamina)
Limu'Kai EP Sahxleel dragonknight(vampire mage)
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 I admit I am nowhere near the level of some people but I know I suck because I suck not because a move is OP. Though there are some moves or morphs that are UP and need tweaking bad...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats server/platform you on, i'll happily kill you 1v1.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much agree with OP...

This video seems relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9A8VJBh_Yc

It is my experience that the vast majority of rage usually derives from a mismatch between self-perceived ability and actual ability. As much as elites are often bashed for being elitist jerks (and ofc some are), those most likely to rage like "elitist jerks" are usually mediocre players themselves who blame all their failures on lag/team-mates/op skills/bugs etc etc... never themselves.
  • lastango
    lastango
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly... Man, you really sound like you could help me! I get roasted in Cyrodil so quickly by people that are lower than me. They kick my butt because they know what they are doing. A dual weilding / two handed dragonknight with 53 stamina points and 11 Health points... I am a werewolf too... I die so fast in cyrodil and in dungeons.

A vet level 4 kajit sorceress killed me in a few seconds the other day!!! I felf like such a wuss!

I've been searching for answers.

The two options I got from these forums was to scrap my whole build and pour my points from stamina into magic... Get a staff and become a fire mage...

Or

Try the bow and tweak my bars to compliment my bow damage + defense.

I decided lose dual weild and pick up the bow... At least I can stay alive and be more useful now...

I have 5 peices of kyne's kiss medium armor so I get the bow bonus... 2 heavy armor... I have 4 peices with the legendary prismatic defense. And the others are legendary grade too.

If i ever commit to a new character, I wont be a dragon knight/dark elf... But thats what i put 100+ hours into.

One big question:

If you were a dark elf dragon knight level 16 vet with 100+ champion points in each of the three cats... Whay build would YOU go with?

Edited by lastango on January 31, 2016 7:05PM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TieFighter wrote: »
    This goes to all the people who ask for nerfs because they are getting killed in cyrodiil and want certain nerfs because of it.

1) The bottom line is you don't know your builds and the build you think is working for you actually isn't. You sacrificed too much defense for dps and that's your call.

I love when I come across someone who spams 2hand spam or steel tornado because I can turn my back to them and let them spam to their delight but it won't even get me below 95% health and I haven't met someone yet who can kill me 1vs1 on one of my builds. And I hope ZOS is able to see through the QQ and notice it for rage instead of anything else. Nothing is too OP that it needs to be nerfed. Your cookie cutter crit stack isn't better then EVERYONE'S build. Learn to play with your builds by yourself and try not to be so angry when you can't figure it out immediately by yourself. Sustainable builds ARE out there. Also stop complaining about CP because all you have to do is get to vet1 and you start farming CP. FARM YOUR CP- that's all you have to do. CP is ZOS way of rewarding long term players who been here long enough to farm them. By the time you are V16 you will have 'X" amount of CP... Heaven forbid anyone would have to work hard and diligently for a good build- and when they do ZOS needs to nerf it... I get rage tells all the time that I dumped gold into my armor, I wasted mats on making good armor, blah blah blah(none of it is a valid argument)- but that's what it is is rage. Now all the sudden we can't spend gold on our armor and CP should be done away with(when cp is so easy to get if people would just farm it) I just read a post that hundings armor should be changed- wow! Forget about Hundings! I don't use it myself and I can't be killed by people who wear it- not 1vs1(on one of my builds). That's because I don't sacrifice defense for offense to the point that I get killed and need to rage about it.

ZOS, these people don't want to farm their CP and they don't want to sacrifice dps for defense because it hasn't been made a popular idea by the ones they look up to yet. Remember the time when a DK's couldn't wear light armor or wield a destruction staff because minds were too shallow to see the possibilities? The same short sightedness is happening when it comes to the DPS race and who can do the most dps right now.

What is the official news on CP anyways? I know it was administered to help alleviate the vet grind blues so it seemed like we were still making progress even though we weren't leveling "fast enough" in vet levels...

Wow someone is full of themselves..... sad.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lastango wrote: »
    Exactly... Man, you really sound like you could help me! I get roasted in Cyrodil so quickly by people that are lower than me. They kick my butt because they know what they are doing. A dual weilding / two handed dragonknight with 53 stamina points and 11 Health points... I am a werewolf too... I die so fast in cyrodil and in dungeons.

A vet level 4 kajit sorceress killed me in a few seconds the other day!!! I felf like such a wuss!

The two options I got from these forums was to scrap my whole build and pour my points from stamina into magic... Get a staff and become a fire mage...

Or

I decided lose dual weild and pick up the bow... At least I can stay alive and be more useful now...

If i ever commit to a new character, I wont be a dragon knight/dark elf... But thats what i put 100+ hours into.

One big question:

If you were a dark elf dragon knight level 16 vet with 100+ champion points in each of the three cats... Whay build would YOU go with?

A level 4 killed you huh, seems legit.
    PS4 EU DC

• Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or

One big question:

A level 4 killed you huh, seems legit.

@leepalmer95

He said VR4 :P
  • TieFighter
    TieFighter
    ✭✭✭
    unless im reading it wrong he said vet level 4... but not in that order xD
    Da'Hui DC imperial mage dragonknight(retired but retained)
    Hand Saryn Valor EP dunmer templar(mage/healer)
    Pergan Asuul AD dunmer dragonknight(dps firemage)
    Mi'Mosa EP imperial nightblade(stamina)
    Limu'Kai EP Sahxleel dragonknight(vampire mage)
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly stopped reading after:

"I love when I come across someone who spams 2hand spam or steel tornado because I can turn my back to them and let them spam to their delight but it won't even get me below 95% health".

I also love when people "spams 2hand spam", or when people 1v1 me oddly using an aoe attack (steel tornado). Let me know where you play because the competition seems non-existent.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP.I am still getting my builds up to snuff.I get better all; the time.And I dotn want anything nerfed because I cant do it.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eeeh I'm a squishy lightarmor wearing templar and a total noob at pvp, yet I managed to meet someone worse than me. I met a templar v16 in a zerg the other day, that casted a few dark flares on me and didn't even get me below 90% health. I casted 2 dark flares back + jesus beam and the poor templar died -.-

• Decayed_Inside
    Decayed_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭

Or

I have 5 peices of kyne's kiss medium armor so I get the bow bonus... 2 heavy armor... I have 4 peices with the legendary prismatic defense. And the others are legendary grade too.

One big question:

Magika. Don't even enter pvp PVE only. For PVE dps my dark elf DK is decent.
    Edited by Decayed_Inside on January 31, 2016 9:18PM
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you are right about sustain vs full offense/glass cannon builds its been like that cuz people doesnt care 1vs1 or 1vs X while they lagging like a hell. People just zerging and spamming AOE. I was playing with defensive sets with high recovery on all stats but why should i ? When you face 70vs70 battles you get 500-600 ms with low fps all your build all your techniques are become useless so who cares about sustain ? Just join a huge raid and deal the highest damage you can thats the so called pvp for eso sad but true. But still if there was an arena or duel feature in ESO im sure people would seen how OP NBs are because they got the best pvp skills in this game best CCs best gap closer best escape best spammable damage ability even their freakin damage buff relentless focus is OP and they got insane burst from stealth. They got every situation skills for pvp while other classes having barely 1-2 decent skills.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having tons of CP doesn't make you good. It makes you lazy. You can just gear for max damage and have your CP trees pick up the slack in your build that would get you killed in the 1.5 meta. This game used to be about resource management. Run out of resources, you die. It doesn't take a PvP genius to create a build with enough effective mitigation to where you have to be burst down in order to actually die. You think you are special because you "figured out a high regen build?" Welcome to theorycrafting 101.

The meta has changed from "manage your resources" to "stack mitigation and burst." This was a predictable side effect of the broken champion system. The reason there are so many calls for nerfs is that you can spam almost any ability indefinitely with the right setup. If the ability is any good, being able to use it infinitely becomes OP.

Why the hell do you think there are cooldowns in almost EVERY OTHER MMO?

This game didn't need cooldowns when we had soft-caps and the game was about resource management. Now, the game DOES need cool-downs. Cooldowns suck. There is another word for cool-downs. Its called nerfs.

All of our awesome abilities are getting nerfed, and its NOT because "new players dont L2P and grind more CP" its because of power creep making anything that can be spammed, very OP.

TL;DR: The champion system is killing the uniqueness of ESO but forcing nerfs and cooldowns on us. CP grinders that think they are so "good" are exacerbating the problem.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 31, 2016 10:12PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Xbox EU message me. Always looking for a fight. The Maul hungers and demands blood / bone and brain.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Vekoeros
    Vekoeros
    ✭✭
    Heindrich wrote: »

It is my experience that the vast majority of rage usually derives from a mismatch between self-perceived ability and actual ability. As much as elites are often bashed for being elitist jerks (and ofc some are), those most likely to rage like "elitist jerks" are usually mediocre players themselves who blame all their failures on lag/team-mates/op skills/bugs etc etc... never themselves.

This pretty much sums up the entirety of all the complaining on the forums everyone thinks they are better then they actually are and can't handle being called out on it, please people lose the EGO and you might start enjoying your gaming.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I get hit with that 13k WB while in heavy. Definitely a l2p issue on my part
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having tons of CP doesn't make you good. It makes you lazy. You can just gear for max damage and have your CP trees pick up the slack in your build that would get you killed in the 1.5 meta. This game used to be about resource management. Run out of resources, you die. It doesn't take a PvP genius to create a build with enough effective mitigation to where you have to be burst down in order to actually die. You think you are special because you "figured out a high regen build?" Welcome to theorycrafting 101.

The meta has changed from "manage your resources" to "stack mitigation and burst." This was a predictable side effect of the broken champion system. The reason there are so many calls for nerfs is that you can spam almost any ability indefinitely with the right setup. If the ability is any good, being able to use it infinitely becomes OP.

Why the hell do you think there are cooldowns in almost EVERY OTHER MMO?

This game didn't need cooldowns when we had soft-caps and the game was about resource management. Now, the game DOES need cool-downs. Cooldowns suck. There is another word for cool-downs. Its called nerfs.

All of our awesome abilities are getting nerfed, and its NOT because "new players dont L2P and grind more CP" its because of power creep making anything that can be spammed, very OP.

TL;DR: The champion system is killing the uniqueness of ESO but forcing nerfs and cooldowns on us. CP grinders that think they are so "good" are exacerbating the problem.

Very true ^^^

We need either soft caps and diminishing returns on stats or we need cool downs otherwise this game is just about stacking and spamming
    Edited by Julianos on January 31, 2016 11:07PM
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭

You might have made some good points there but I quit reading when you said you've never lost a 1v1. You're either dueling people that don't have thumbs or just lying. Everyone that is a competitive dueler has lost a duel and has no shame in admitting it. Just stop.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theorycrafting takes skill. Being able to complete dungeons takes skill. Knowing the right rotations as well as how to counter abilities takes skill. There is nothing skillful about gaining cp lol. You can gain cp from freaking chest farming lol. CP cap should be 360. ZOS needed it higher becuase they weren't putting out content. Now it's too late. No point in joining this game as a new player.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't met someone yet who can kill me 1vs1 on one of my builds.

Which platform? And EU or NA? B)
    Edited by Fasold666 on February 1, 2016 12:17AM
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One big question:

A PvE Magicka DK DD, because I already have one and he's awesome. I'm still too much of a wuss to go too heavy into PvP, but I'm hoping by the time I get there Magicka DK's will be back on top.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, just play for 1-2 years and grind out 2 million AP for prox det and 501 CP and spend 2M in build experimentation and then maybe you will have a chance against the high levels who have at least twice the amount of pvp experience as you. No worries, get to it.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    Yeah, just play for 1-2 years and grind out 2 million AP for prox det and 501 CP and spend 2M in build experimentation and then maybe you will have a chance against the high levels who have at least twice the amount of pvp experience as you. No worries, get to it.

If you really enjoy PVP, it's not a grind, it's fun. Trust me, getting to Centurion takes much, much longer, which is what you needed originally for vigor. First Sergeant is very fast.

For me, the "grind" is doing PVE quests, group dungeon pledges, trials, leveling from V1 to V16, etc., but PVP is just playing the game and having fun. If I could, I'd skip all of that and just play in Cyrodiil.

In the meantime, there is a way you can hold your own and kill enemy players with a build which does not use proxy det. And you certainly don't need to be the toughest 1v1 in the game to have fun.

I can sympathize for those who don't enjoy PVP, though. They probably feel about Cyrodiil the way I feel about pledges and trials, etc.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 1, 2016 3:53AM
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭

If you really enjoy PVP, it's not a grind, it's fun. Trust me, getting to Centurion takes much, much longer, which is what you needed originally for vigor. First Sergeant is very fast.

For me, the "grind" is doing PVE quests, group dungeon pledges, trials, leveling from V1 to V16, etc., but PVP is just playing the game and having fun. If I could, I'd skip all of that and just play in Cyrodiil.

In the meantime, there is a way you can hold your own and kill enemy players with a build which does not use proxy det. And you certainly don't need to be the toughest 1v1 in the game to have fun.

I can sympathize for those who don't enjoy PVP, though. They probably feel about Cyrodiil the way I feel about pledges and trials, etc.
    I enjoy PVP, I just don't enjoy LAG+PVP which is what cyrodill is most of the time. And the time to grind out enough AP to unlock alliance war skills does not seem to match up in comparison to any other skill line.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka det and 1.6m and it takes 1-2 weeks.
    PS4 EU DC

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC NA AD or EP? If so msg @Persian_Princess .. They are ready to take ur virginity loss.

Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    When I get hit with that 13k WB while in heavy. Definitely a l2p issue on my part

Ahhh that's what you hit me with on more than one occasion.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    so anyone kill this guy yet ;) see all these challenges to dual :D wanna come watch / partake ;)
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • Strychnox
    Strychnox
    ✭✭
    Seriously, get over yourself