Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where can I find Fell Hide?

Brittany_Joy
Brittany_Joy
✭✭✭✭
Like the title says, where can I find Fell Hide? and Top Grain Hide?

Fell Hide is needed to craft lvl 46+ gear but I can't find it anywhere. I looked around Reaper's March and I can't find any.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where to find Fell Hide at all?
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fell hide is found by killing and looting lvl 46+ creatures and enemies in coldharbour. :)
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It is rare. Extremely rare. just forget about that tier of leather crafting and pick it up again in Veteran levels. Thats what i did. I managed to get 30 Fell Hides out of my whole run through coldharbour.
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is rare. Extremely rare. just forget about that tier of leather crafting and pick it up again in Veteran levels. Thats what i did. I managed to get 30 Fell Hides out of my whole run through coldharbour.
    Strange i've been able to farm it out of clannfears and ogrims all lvl 47 and all the random drops from npc's in coldharbour, have over 200 pcs, true it's not like shadowfen where the wamasu and croc runs you could get massive amounts of leather from, but it's still around.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    Ah great the place I can't get into because the quest that leads to it is bugged. awesome -_-
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    Strange i've been able to farm it out of clannfears and ogrims all lvl 47 and all the random drops from npc's in coldharbour, have over 200 pcs, true it's not like shadowfen where the wamasu and croc runs you could get massive amounts of leather from, but it's still around.

Specifically, in the north of Coldharbor north of the Orchard. Netches drop fell hide also. I still find it tough to get as most drops are one per creature.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Specifically, in the north of Coldharbor north of the Orchard. Netches drop fell hide also. I still find it tough to get as most drops are one per creature.

Road outside of the Vile Lab is where you need to farm this stuff. You don't get the Raw Fellhide, but you get loot to decon that gives you Fell Hide. I could get enough loot in 20 minutes to decon and get a stack of Fell Hide.

Edited by Nestor on January 6, 2015 6:11PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also worth noting is that various dungeon places, like fungal grotto (lots of mud crabs), now that they scale to our level, should drop the leather you are after as long as the leader of your group is within the material's level range.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is around 3 months old, but I'm having issues with fell hide too and this is the most recent thread I can find. I can't find my way to the orchard area in Coldharbour. I assume it's locked until you progress to a certain point. It appears that you have to go via the chasm, and the door to it is locked. I am Daggerfall Covenant, so I don't know if can access Fungal Grotto and, more importantly, I'd rather not have to join a group just to farm fell hide. What about the vile lab? Is that accessible as soon as you arrive in Coldharbour? I'll try to get there now and see if I can find my way.

EDIT: OK, found the vile lab, we'll see what happens there.
    Edited by Ignotus on April 14, 2015 10:45PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    I know this is around 3 months old, but I'm having issues with fell hide too and this is the most recent thread I can find. I can't find my way to the orchard area in Coldharbour. I assume it's locked until you progress to a certain point. It appears that you have to go via the chasm, and the door to it is locked. I am Daggerfall Covenant, so I don't know if can access Fungal Grotto and, more importantly, I'd rather not have to join a group just to farm fell hide. What about the vile lab? Is that accessible as soon as you arrive in Coldharbour? I'll try to get there now and see if I can find my way.

EDIT: OK, found the vile lab, we'll see what happens there.

You can't get through the Orchard until you've completed the Lightless Oubliette and the Black Forge and then talked to the Groundskeeper.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can always try in the guild shops
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    I checked some guild shops first and couldn't find any hide or scraps. I farmed for an hour or two around the vile lab and got some of what I needed but still not enough. I then had the idea to farm drops off the guild stores that I could deconstruct for the remainder of the leather. It cost a little, but I was sick of farming. I ground out over half of level 46 trying to get 48 pieces of hide to make a new 5 piece set for myself. I'm still wearing lvl 38 at 0% durability. I finally have the materials though.
  • Flamingoseeker
    Flamingoseeker
    Soul Shriven
    Killing goats also drops fell hide!
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the title says, where can I find Fell Hide? and Top Grain Hide?

Fell Hide is needed to craft lvl 46+ gear but I can't find it anywhere. I looked around Reaper's March and I can't find any.
    The highest armor mat you'll get in RM is thick hide. You'll have to wait until Coldharbour to begin seeing Fell armor and hides. My advice: wait for the drops because trying to farm will waste your time. Not too many enemies have hide, and the few Clannfears about don't drop enough to give you a full set. Drops, however, will happen more frequently.

Once you complete Coldharbor/MQ, Caldwell's Silver will give you more than you can deal with. :)
  • Jigoku-Blade
    Jigoku-Blade
    Soul Shriven
    I got fell hide from killing deers in reapers March
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i went to buy fell hide and none of the guilds had it for sale.

I got smart, went to coldharbor and killed zombies. The zombies drop medium armor that could be decon'd to get fell hide.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found a ton of heavy crates near The Lost Fleet in Cold Habour often dropped 10 fell hide at a time as well as other goodies. Hope this helps.

Happy adventuring and good luck.
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!