Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unusually low FPS NVIDIA GTX 760

aabouzahrb14a_ESO
aabouzahrb14a_ESO
Soul Shriven
So I am getting unusually low FPS like 10 - 21. It is frankly unplayable. I can't even mount my lioness in peace.
I,
- reinstalled the game
- clean installed and updated graphic drivers
- updated my bios
- updated almost every driver both related and unrelated

Here is my Rig
BhjX8Wy.png

Furthermore I have the MSI Z97 GAMING 5 motherboard.

Now this wasn't always the case. I was getting 55 - 70 FPS close to the end of Sept / 2015 on pretty much the same Rig.

Does/did anyone have this problem? Is this a known issue? If so what can I do besides basically stop playing?

Thank yee for stopping by.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried rolling back drivers? I've got a close rig (i5-4690k not OC, 8gb ram) but with a GTX 770 OC'd and I get better FPS than that even when recording/streaming. I also haven't updated my graphics card driver for months...

Also, where are you seeing this? Everywhere? In the middle of nowhere auridon? Orsibiun? cyrodiil?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't tried rolling back. Intuition with almost every piece of software out there tells me not to, but I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I am seeing this everywhere. In the middle of no where I get 21 FPS 22 and I am on cloud 9. In crowded cities I get 9 or 10 and every player I meet is basically a black figure for a few seconds.
  • aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I rolled back my NVIDIA driver to a time where I knew it worked well. Still unbearably low FPS.
    I have no interest in rolling back other drivers for the game. I doubt it will change a thing anyway.

Also, FPS remains unchanged on low and high settings. I will try a few more things, otherwise I will wait it out to see if newer patches fix the issue. I have also tried many online suggestions to no avail while they worked for some.

I will write here what I find at any rate.

Shame... Thanks again.

Edited by aabouzahrb14a_ESO on January 8, 2016 4:31AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rolled back my NVIDIA driver to a time where I knew it worked well. Still unbearably low FPS.
    I have no interest in rolling back other drivers for the game. I doubt it will change a thing anyway.

Also, FPS remains unchanged on low and high settings. I will try a few more things, otherwise I will wait it out to see if newer patches fix the issue. I have also tried many online suggestions to no avail while they worked for some.

I will write here what I find at any rate.

Shame... Thanks again.

Don't have the same card but the same issue and FPS drop all over since the last maintenance. I already had everything optimized from the long list of fixes and improvements people have come up with since launch. Used to run great at launch on high, now it's bad all of the time on medium settings with lots of things turned down or off.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure who this may help, but the FPS issue is largely gone for me.

Upon installing a few analysis tools I noticed my GPU was reaching a temperature of 80-88 F when not really doing much and 95 F when enough action is going on around the screen especially during PvP. I decided to buy an extra PC fan and installed near my GPU. In the process I also decided to replace my old 650W PSU for a 750W one. I didn't think that was going to fix any issues, but I had the 650W for a while so it was probably not pulling its weight. I got it in case I needed to buy a few more fans.

I also installed MSI Gaming App. I put it on gaming mode when I play.

At the end, whatever I did ( or didn't do ) it ended up giving me close to 99 FPS and 55 when deep in PvP and temperatures of max 65 F on my GPU. I am not sure what permutation above helped but I noticed when I forget to launch MSI Gaming App, it returns to the 15 - 25 FPS range. Restarting the game with the app launched fixes things.

Not sure why it started overheating all of a sudden or if it was "overheating" at all since I didn't really benchmark it before the low FPS problem. But FPS increased as temp decreased, so the correlation seems to hold. It may also be the fact that it's winter and I have the heat blasting in my house making it much warmer indoors.

Hope it helps or confirms some situations for someone.
    Edited by aabouzahrb14a_ESO on January 25, 2016 4:29AM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm only running an NVIDIA GTX 250 and I havent any problems at all.No bad lag,no mount problems,or anything.I did do an update for it,but nothing else. Wow.Sorry to hear you are having problems!
    Edited by Volkodav on January 27, 2016 1:04PM
  • Amachie
    Amachie
    I also installed MSI Gaming App. I put it on gaming mode when I play.

At the end, whatever I did ( or didn't do ) it ended up giving me close to 99 FPS and 55 when deep in PvP and temperatures of max 65 F on my GPU. I am not sure what permutation above helped but I noticed when I forget to launch MSI Gaming App, it returns to the 15 - 25 FPS range. Restarting the game with the app launched fixes things.

MSI Gaming App causes crashes often for me.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my Rig
    Do a search here, your hardware does not matter at all. No, seriously, it doesn't ...
    dry.gif

• aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Here is my Rig
    Do a search here, your hardware does not matter at all. No, seriously, it doesn't ...
    dry.gif

Eh?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my Rig
    dry.gif
    Eh?
    S.E.A.R.C.H.
  • aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Here is my Rig
    dry.gif
    Eh?
    S.E.A.R.C.H.

Cool bruh.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    His point is is the the game's performance tends to be poor regardless of what your computer is like. There are a lucky few who don't have issues, and there doesn't seem to be a common thread (not even having super computers or not).

Since MSI helped you out, I'll see what it does for me. I'm not getting my hopes up though. Ever since the completely unnecessary and game-ruining 1.6 overhaul, my fps has been atrocious. That wasn't the first time an update permanently ruined the game's performance either.

rip decibel
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    His point is is the the game's performance tends to be poor regardless of what your computer is like.
    ^^^
    Lots of threads about the same subject already (hence my post about using the forum search function).

Many people are having similar issues and it has nothing to do with your hardware.
    shades.gif
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CPU: i7 4790k
    GPU: GTX 970 OC
    SSD: samsung EVO 850
    battlefield hardline ultra : 100 FPS
    battlefield 4 ultra 90-100 FPS
    ESO: 80-100 FPS or 17-22 FPS for 2 seconds randomly in wrothgar/craglorn - dont ask about cyrodiil.....
    PC EU

• aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    aabouzahrb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I understand the idea of you have to be getting data from the server at a sufficient speed for your hardware to display it to you at sufficient speeds. Hardware can only work with what gets delivered to it. However, I didnt read anywhere about it being slow for people randomly without explanation but fast for others. Lack of evidence just didn't lead me to think it was the purely the servers' fault.

But low fps was consistant even for guild wars 2 and other low-intensive mmos. This fact made me come to the possible conclusion that it may be on my end.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    One of the biggest impact with the FPS for this game is add-ons, are you using them? If so what ones?

For a comparison I'm currently using a GTX 960, A8-6600K, 16GB DDR3 RAM, and a 38 megabite connection. Without add-ons I get 50-90 FPS, with certain ones I get 5-22 FPS which is a big difference (over half). Two of my biggest hitters was "Foundry Tactical Combat" and "MiniMap by Fyrakin" which are two rather popular add-ons.

Two other causes could be:
    1) A failing hard drive which is self explanitory. The only solution is to get a new one.
    2) A slow internet connection, in combination with too higher graphical quolity. Lower your settings and/or upgrade your internet connection.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there is something wonky happening with video performance in this game since recent patches. I sometimes get FPS drops to ~10 for 30 seconds or so and then it returns to normal ~80-90 FPS.

It's definitely something with the ESO client, because my machine specs are top notch and no other games suffer this issue.