The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cyrodil - What's wrong with just questing?

• nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    i need to have a potion that gives me a billion health points in cyro, im not "the best" against other players lol grrr nightblades, i need to improve, but the only way you can improve is to keep at it :)
  • byCrux
    byCrux
    ✭✭
    There's people that run solo out there, i do most of the time, but I feel the main reason I wouldn't just wanna quest is because there's not enough of a motive for me and I like competition. Also being in a PvP zone isn't really a good idea to just want to "explore"
    Xbox NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! But what you fail to comprehend is that it ISN'T just PVP in Cyrodil. They intentionally put PvE content there as well. And THAT is what I take issue with. If it was just as simple as staying out of the PVP zone, that's that's what I would do. Actually, that is EXACTLY what I've been asking for! The ability to NOT be forced into PVP play.
    If someone is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to go to the PVP zone, you need to stop posting uninformed whines on the forums, and contact the police.
    But the powers that be have decided in their infantile wisdom to merge the two. And therein lies my problem. You keep repeating to stay out of the PVP zone, but that's what I've been asking for all along. The problem is that there IS no strictly PVP zone because they refused to separate the two.
    Your problem is that you refuse to accept that any zone with PVP enabled is a strictly PVP zone. There may be some PVE stuff to do there, but it's still strictly a PVP zone.
    Actually, what keeps getting lost in all of this is the facts. 1. I UNDERSTAND that this is the only PVP zone in the game, what I don't like is NOT having the option to not participate.
    Again, if somebody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to go to the PVP zone, you need to stop posting and call the police.
    2. I get your analogy about the meat, but what you don't get is that this is the ONLY restaurant.
    So continuing the restaurant analogy, despite the fact that there are 18 main courses on the menu that aren't pork (plus 5 appetizers that aren't pork), and there's only one main course on the menu that is pork, because this is the ONLY restaurant, somehow you're being forced to eat pork? That makes absolutely no sense. Everything that you've said is totally invalid.
    3. If the ONLY thing to do in Cyrodil was the PVP, I would GLADLY avoid it. 4. What is SO wrong with separating the PVP content from the PvE? No one has given a concrete argument in support, just a bunch of complaining about my supposed "whining"....
    Oh, so you can't read? Because there's a very very good reason for having some PVE stuff in the strictly PVP zones, and I've already told you what it is in this very thread. Here, I'll post it again, and maybe this time you'll actually be able to read and comprehend it:
    UrQuan wrote: »
    There's one part of the game where people can PVP, and where people can do some questing with the extra thrill that comes with the element of danger that there may be enemy players around.
    Stop trying to ruin things for those of us who like PVE, and enjoy being able to go and do it with an extra element of danger. If you can't handle the chance that someone might kill you, then you've got the entire rest of the game to play in. Stop trying to take away the fun for those of us who like the thrill of going and doing a dolmen solo far behind enemy lines, never knowing if we're going to have to desperately fight for our lives against enemy players. You can't handle it, so stay out of the PVP zone, and stop whining about it. You've got all of the rest of the game to play in - stop bitching and moaning that this one small part of the game doesn't cater specifically to you. It caters to other people, who like it that way.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah! But what you fail to comprehend is that it ISN'T just PVP in Cyrodil. They intentionally put PvE content there as well. And THAT is what I take issue with. If it was just as simple as staying out of the PVP zone, that's that's what I would do. Actually, that is EXACTLY what I've been asking for! The ability to NOT be forced into PVP play.
    If someone is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to go to the PVP zone, you need to stop posting uninformed whines on the forums, and contact the police.
    But the powers that be have decided in their infantile wisdom to merge the two. And therein lies my problem. You keep repeating to stay out of the PVP zone, but that's what I've been asking for all along. The problem is that there IS no strictly PVP zone because they refused to separate the two.
    Your problem is that you refuse to accept that any zone with PVP enabled is a strictly PVP zone. There may be some PVE stuff to do there, but it's still strictly a PVP zone.
    Actually, what keeps getting lost in all of this is the facts. 1. I UNDERSTAND that this is the only PVP zone in the game, what I don't like is NOT having the option to not participate.
    Again, if somebody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to go to the PVP zone, you need to stop posting and call the police.
    2. I get your analogy about the meat, but what you don't get is that this is the ONLY restaurant.
    So continuing the restaurant analogy, despite the fact that there are 18 main courses on the menu that aren't pork (plus 5 appetizers that aren't pork), and there's only one main course on the menu that is pork, because this is the ONLY restaurant, somehow you're being forced to eat pork? That makes absolutely no sense. Everything that you've said is totally invalid.
    3. If the ONLY thing to do in Cyrodil was the PVP, I would GLADLY avoid it. 4. What is SO wrong with separating the PVP content from the PvE? No one has given a concrete argument in support, just a bunch of complaining about my supposed "whining"....
    Oh, so you can't read? Because there's a very very good reason for having some PVE stuff in the strictly PVP zones, and I've already told you what it is in this very thread. Here, I'll post it again, and maybe this time you'll actually be able to read and comprehend it:
    There's one part of the game where people can PVP, and where people can do some questing with the extra thrill that comes with the element of danger that there may be enemy players around.
    Stop trying to ruin things for those of us who like PVE, and enjoy being able to go and do it with an extra element of danger. If you can't handle the chance that someone might kill you, then you've got the entire rest of the game to play in. Stop trying to take away the fun for those of us who like the thrill of going and doing a dolmen solo far behind enemy lines, never knowing if we're going to have to desperately fight for our lives against enemy players. You can't handle it, so stay out of the PVP zone, and stop whining about it. You've got all of the rest of the game to play in - stop bitching and moaning that this one small part of the game doesn't cater specifically to you. It caters to other people, who like it that way.

So brillianty put matey, could not have put it better myself.

OP no one cares about your whining, you choose to go into Cyro, so be a man and accept the risks that you may die, or , shock horror, actually l2p, I and some others have tried to help you in this thread, and all you do is constantly be negative.

The game is not tailor made for you, it is a MMO, so adapt or gtfo.

Your choice, but coming on the forums and having a militant awe inspiring childish mentality about the game is not healthy, plus no one actually cares, plenty of single player games out there, try them.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this could be solved with an on/ off PvP toggle, could be the same as "guest" is now when you login to Cyrodil only difference is you cant attack or be attacked by another player, seems simple enough.
    Edited by Reevster on January 30, 2016 6:13PM
  • CRB_31060409
    OK, make up my mind already! Is this a PVP zone or a PVE zone? You keep telling me to go play the PvE and quit whining. All I'm trying to do IS play the PvE. But (by your own admission, multiple times) THERE IS PVE CONTENT IN CYRODIL. After having completed all the OTHER PvE zones, I wanted to play JUST the PvE content in Cyrodil. And apparently I'm not the only one. Just because you enjoy something, doesn't mean everyone else does. There is a LARGE population that does not like PVP, as is evidenced by the fact that changes have already been made to Cyrodil. All I'm saying is that it can have a zone that is SOLEY set aside for the PVP content that those of us who don't want to play can avoid. Obviously ZOS understands this, or the whole game would have been PVP. If running around whacking other players is your thing, then fine, go crazy. But I shouldn't be forced to be a target SOLEY because I want to play PvE in the last zone I haven't cleared.
  • dillonjason10b14_ESO
    dillonjason10b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    If your'e lucky your faction could be dominating leaving the server empty of anyone besides your faction. This will allow you to go PvE questing in Cyrodil very easily.
  • CRB_31060409
    And thanks to all of you who posted the useful suggestions !
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I get that it's a PVP environment. THAT'S why I have a problem with the quests being there. It's not whining to recognize that maybe this wasn't as well thought out as it should be. Is this an area for the PVP action between the factions, or another zone for questing and exploration? If it is the former, then why all the quests? If it the later, then where are the way shrines and ability to use soul gems? Why was it thought to be a good idea to take two separate thing and try to make peanut butter cups? All I'm saying is that the quest zones should be different from the PVP. WHY IS THAT SO BAD?

They could also have never made the quests and just left them out of the game you know. I'm happy that they actually decided to do something with these cool little towns in this warzone. You don't need the quests, so don't go there.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more upset about game mechanics that makes soloing dungeons literally impossible.

I was ok with it in Veteran dungeons, but the fact White Gold tower is impossible to solo on normal mode is hella annoying.

That damn Planar inhibitor can't be soloed! Grrrr.

Remember people, there are times when finding groups are almost impossible (usually the times i play lol)

I wanna solo to get the gear, I don't wanna wait on getting a PUG or waiting for the poor players to figure out what is going on.

When a group gets wiped in a dungeon I solo, I walk out.

I know it's an MMO, the mm part isn't so easy sometimes lol.

(Plus I want overwhelming so I can be better in groups)

2016-01-30-11-46-16_zps6kz7cfob.png
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, what keeps getting lost in all of this is the facts. 1. I UNDERSTAND that this is the only PVP zone in the game, what I don't like is NOT having the option to not participate. 2. I get your analogy about the meat, but what you don't get is that this is the ONLY restaurant. 3. If the ONLY thing to do in Cyrodil was the PVP, I would GLADLY avoid it. 4. What is SO wrong with separating the PVP content from the PvE? No one has given a concrete argument in support, just a bunch of complaining about my supposed "whining"....

There are plenty of other restaurants there though. TES isn't the only single player game series in the world ;) You just decided you like this one restaurant enough to choke on try to enjoy the pork you hate instead of the beef you like in some other restaurant.

I don't have a definitive opinion on whether it's right or wrong to not separate PvE and PvP, however it's evident that originally ZOS' plan was to eventually merge the 2, possibly with the PvP justice system - hence the same skills for PvE and PvP despite all the imbalance it causes, all the quests and Cyrodiil that purposefully take you to PvP zone and force you to move all over it, involuntarily participating in PvP one way or the other on the way, hence the IC - the whole merge of PvE and PvP...unfortunately players haven't quite appreciated this idea as much as ZOS hoped they would, at least most of them(though I personally approve of the idea, I love the PvE/PvP mix in IC) so due to all the...unhappiness PvE players demonstrated at the idea, PvP Justice system has been cancelled; I guess in the end it means ZOS has given up on the original idea of merging the two, for better or for worse. However they're not known to go back and redesign old zones to fit the new game design more so Cyrodiil PvE will likely stay as it is(perhaps they'll eventually add safe zones like they did in IC, that'd make sense I think) and you have the choice of dealing with it or not going to Cyro altogether. I assure you you won't miss any amazing storyline.

Personally I think mixing PvE and PvP could be really great, it's a shame that the griefing mentality of some representatives of the PvP side of the community and the carebear one of some of those on the PvE side make it impossible in the end(OP, don't take this as an attack on you personally, this is a general statement).